"The Sampler Platter"

ShaunTighe

Yeah I have used all the retail versions, Maybe I did die after a certain kill. Are you sure you don't have to get a kill with each weapons alt fire?

Edit: I was missing the Ripper. Achievement unlocked :)

Thanks, BTW I have your guide bookmarked already it is very useful.

Edited by ShaunTighe

I had thought this had glitched when I did it for two reasons; I'd reloaded the same area a few times to get a few different weapons achievements, so I thought I had used the ripper and detonator when neither was saved, and I had only bought the hacker contact beam since it was free and had never used the retail version.

You can use non-retail weapons to get it. I used the hacker contact beam and have never bought the original contact beam.

Mine was having issues unlocking for a bit. I was using the seeker rifle when I managed to unlock it, which I know I had a kill with that one as I had obtained the Peek a boo achievement earlier, and went on and saved without dying. The only difference was, I had ALL my kills with the seeker rifle while using the alt fire's zoom. So that might contribute to it, not sure.

There definitely is something a little off going on with the achievement, that's for sure.

ok so if you had already used 4 weapons in a previous playthrough do you have to use all of them again in the next playthrough? there is also a weapon you unlock for beating hardcore called the foam finger gun but i don't think that counts towards the achievement.

all kills need to be with primary fire. i had the line guns chieve for killing six with alternate fire but that did not count towards the sampler platter chieve. as i was cycling through all my weapons again to figure out what the problem was i used the line gun primary fire for a kill and bingo.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm having real trouble with this Cheevo :(.. 4 play throughs and still do not have it.. Do you think it would be worth working chapter by chapter using one weapon at a time.. I.e kill many enemies with each weapon??

That's what I would do.

If you need to just make a check list cross off each kill as the enemy dies. Sometimes it can be off if the enemy gets sets on fire from the environment, that would count against the tally.