• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I didn't even know about barrel rolling .. wow that made it easy. Rubber band worked just right

Neither did I. I knew about the loop-de-loop but not the barrel roll.

----------------------------------------

Haven't yet gotten this far with the girlfriend (playing the game together), but I don't see why you can't just keep your figure on X the whole time and just press "A" a bunch of times... it's the basics of any Mario game. If that doesn't work, I'll use this rubberband as a lucky charm =P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BIG thx, took me a few tries to beat it, mostly cuz i was being too overly cautious, but this worked like a CHARM. as i flew out of the core seconds away from getting the 1k for beating it all i thought to myself "man i love those forums" :D

I think the same thing for so many games. X360A rocks! :D

EDIT: Also I just beat this level using this method! Sweet! Only took me four tries too.

Edited by ZakkuHiryado
More fun stuff

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well so far out of the 4 flying levels i have completed two with this method, rebel attack and falcon flight i just finished not to long ago

hoth gave me some trouble and death star idk about....

its very stressful many times i have gotten to the last part without losing hearts then died just because i was to impatient.

only advice i can give is be calm, think positive, remember hearts don't vanish, just take it slow and focus, i must have done the falcon flight mission 6 times before my 7th and i didnt get hit once on my last time.

oh and as a side note... does anyone know how to change your GS in your gamercard to the left mine says 90749 but i actually have 100854.?

• 10 months later...

Didn't have any rubber bands in the house so used some sticky tape, 3 tries later got the achievement and finally the 1000G I gave up on SIX years ago.

Thanks to whoever devised the strategy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
well so far out of the 4 flying levels i have completed two with this method, rebel attack and falcon flight i just finished not to long ago

hoth gave me some trouble and death star idk about....

its very stressful many times i have gotten to the last part without losing hearts then died just because i was to impatient.

only advice i can give is be calm, think positive, remember hearts don't vanish, just take it slow and focus, i must have done the falcon flight mission 6 times before my 7th and i didnt get hit once on my last time.

oh and as a side note... does anyone know how to change your GS in your gamercard to the left mine says 90749 but i actually have 100854.?

No idea but if you find out, let me know. Mine is about 6k lower than it actually is as well

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering what was the best way to place the elastic band. But if I can't find one, I'll have to use some tape, on the non Gears 3 controller of course :D

I'm three hours away from almost hitting 100% and then it's just this level so I think I've gotta try.

UPDATE

I just got it :) Many thanks for all tips here. I stuck with the Interceptor in the end. I didn't think any ship would be faster and escaped on my first go :)

Oh and I taped the X button. It came loose a couple of times but wasn't much of an issue.

Edited by boldfoxrd
it's done