Reinforcement Pack Changes

Knivesz

"Mass Effect 3’s Multiplayer has been an interesting journey

for BioWare. Over the last few months, we’ve been watching player behavior,

talking to our players on the forums and in the game lobbies, and playing the

hell out of the game at home. Based on all of that, we’ve been trying to make

adjustments to the game within our post-ship limitations, our capacity for

development and testing, and our ability to patch or update.

We want you to know that we’ve been listening. We’ve heard

your feedback about character unlocks and training in the Reinforcement Packs,

and we’re poised to make some great changes in these areas. Specifically, we

want you to get new content faster and have a satisfying replacement drop once

you have all of the new kits. To this end, we’ve removed

Character kit cards as rare drops after all appearance options have been

unlocked and we’ll be introducing a new powerful Rare Ammo type that will drop

when you’ve maxed out your kits.

We hope you enjoy these changes, and we look forward to

seeing you in game!"

-Jonathan Warner, Senior Producer -BioWare

Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Multiplayer-Discussion-/Reinforcement-Pack-Changes-12776943-1.html

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a spectre pack. Level 4 Disrupter rounds. Fuck you Bioware.

A whole new level of ammo... because that's obviously "new". Oh well at least I won't get characters I've maxed out anymore, getting tired of seeing human cards again and again.

Any idea if they changed the chances of getting one of the N7 level weapons? I got the Geth Sniper today in my first spectre pack in ages.

Shame I won't probably touch the MP again until they add something new other than weapons and characters.

"Mass Effect 3’s Multiplayer has been an interesting journey

for BioWare. Over the last few months, we’ve been watching player behavior,

talking to our players on the forums and in the game lobbies, and playing the

hell out of the game at home. Based on all of that, we’ve been trying to make

adjustments to the game within our post-ship limitations, our capacity for

development and testing, and our ability to patch or update.

We want you to know that we’ve been listening. We’ve heard

your feedback about character unlocks and training in the Reinforcement Packs,

and we’re poised to make some great changes in these areas. Specifically, we

want you to get new content faster and have a satisfying replacement drop once

you have all of the new kits. To this end, we’ve removed

Character kit cards as rare drops after all appearance options have been

unlocked and we’ll be introducing a new powerful Rare Ammo type that will drop

when you’ve maxed out your kits.

We hope you enjoy these changes, and we look forward to

seeing you in game!"

-Jonathan Warner, Senior Producer -BioWare

Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Multiplayer-Discussion-/Reinforcement-Pack-Changes-12776943-1.html

They've been playing the hell out of it at home and they have been listening to what fans want? What fan asked for rare level IV ammo powers? I want his name and address. All anybody wants are N7 weapons and characters. Is BioWare connected to a completely different internet than me or what? I guess it takes one less shot to kill an enemy with these powers, so it's thirty seconds faster to grind a match? Wha? Someone slap me, are they just kidding around at this point or what?

He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gfROz_0qZtI/TVteOytQd_I/AAAAAAAAA5c/Ifbq-20-xF8/s1600/so%2Bmuch%2Bwin.jpg

And i just might have to put that quote in my sig... It made my day. :D

So new ammo, eh? I not very pleased, but it could be worse I suppose. I do have one stupid question: Since Character Cards are not considered 'rare' anymore. Does this mean Ultra-Rares will drop more often, or will it be unaffected? I know it sounds ignorant, and I applause for it.

Edited by x410xDragon
Reasons :)

So new ammo, eh? I not very pleased, but it could be worse I suppose. I do have one stupid question: Since Character Cards are not considered 'rare' anymore. Does this mean Ultra-Rares will drop more often, or will it be unaffected? I know it sounds ignorant, and I applause for it.

Nope now we just get trolled by ammo powers rather than CCs

Hmm... Rare here is more comparative to random in terms of definition. That said, if you already have all characters maxed (in terms of customizations) you're probably just dropping the likelihood of getting these cards for level-ed ammo powers. So... My assumption is that it is unaffected. Besides, Bioware hasn't been known for putting the odds in our favors in terms of these packs... :p

Character cards quit dropping after you max out everything? Sweet! I can finish up my two common humans and max out the rest of my rare characters and finally start unlocking some URs!

...wait, you mean to tell me that instead of an increase in UR drops...we get level IV ammo? Frak. You. Bioware. Frak you with the biggest stick possible.

I mean, it'll be great when new multiplayer DLC drops but that's only gonna last for what...? A day? Once again, biggest frakking stick.

I understand evryones frustartion with now not getting CC for xp however there is a solution, you can now get 62.5k cards from recruit packs as they are now of the blue variety, it might take a bit more ....please wait........ but credit:xp ratio works out better value for money than PSPs