Update News

Speaking of bedrock, I was so happy to see it in the block list for creative. You see on my really good world I had made my Nether portal down at Bedrock (to match the theme of the Nether), I have Netherrak around and some Soul Sand but the floor has some spots missing where some Bedrock should go.

Will we be able to break bedrock in creative and fall into the void? That would be cool and bad at the same time.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creating your own flat world? Wow, that's a serious time sink lol. The update will be out before you manage that haha

Of course, I'll never get it done. My two bases are some distance apart and I'm trying to make flat land between the two. It actually is a good use for all of the cobblestone I have stashed away in chests. :)

Oh and yes, stripping a world down to bedrock was discussed in one of the threads. Just can't remember which one.

Will we be able to break bedrock in creative and fall into the void? That would be cool and bad at the same time.

you can on PC so i would expect so

Speaking of clearing out land, has anyone else thought of using creative to completely strip a world down to bedrock? I did it in a 16x16 chunk on my main world, as part of my slime farm/mob trap.

Just got me to thinking if it's been done before?

i think we can safely say its never been done before since PC worlds are several times the size of the earth but even on creative on the map the size of the xboxs it would take forever, the math was done in another thread using pics but even with the ability to instantly break blocks it wouldnt be fast

Edited by RDrules

Speaking of clearing out land, has anyone else thought of using creative to completely strip a world down to bedrock? I did it in a 16x16 chunk on my main world, as part of my slime farm/mob trap.

Just got me to thinking if it's been done before?

Connect a usb keyboard, then hold Ctrl + A, and press Delete. . . would be hell of a lot easier :drunk

Clearing the whole world to bedrock will take some time, but in creative, you could just spam TNT and destroy the world. Be a damned sight quicker and with ravines being added, you could quickly split the world in two.

Wouldn't that throw the world off it's axis and make the sun rise in the east and set in the west?

Has anyone heard any sort of news pertaining to the release of the update?

I'm just really bored, and this update will get me back into Minecraft.

All we know currently is that the update will probably happen sometime next week. (between Monday the 15th and Friday the 19th).

You don't want news before then though. If they give us news it means something in testing went wrong and they have to fix it. No news means everything is going according to plan.

when MS are finished with the testing

Hopefully they will be done before the 17th or else I won't be playing the update for a while. Doom 3 and Serious Sam 3 will be keeping me busy.

You don't want news before then though. If they give us news it means something in testing went wrong and they have to fix it. No news means everything is going according to plan.

I agree. When we get the update, it will probably just happen overnight at some point. The first announcement of it being out will probably be the first person to report getting the update.

Wouldn't that throw the world off it's axis and make the sun rise in the east and set in the west?

Actually, that is a distinct possibility. It would certainly screw up the weather system, and seasons would change. Possible extinction event could occur.

@RDrules. That is also a possibility. I do like my TNT far too much, and should seek some kind of help.

OT. As far as I'm concerned, no news is good news. I've got half a dozen new games to keep me occupied until the updates release. Still excited and impatient, but I can at least keep my mind off it as much as I can. Just know the second its available, we're gonna get loads of people missing from the forums. Be like a ghost town!

...OT. As far as I'm concerned, no news is good news. I've got half a dozen new games to keep me occupied until the updates release. Still excited and impatient, but I can at least keep my mind off it as much as I can. Just know the second its available, we're gonna get loads of people missing from the forums. Be like a ghost town!

Probably be all abuzz with people complaining about the new mode, doesn't do this or that like the PC, they have it so nice on PC, why didn't they add 'this' like on the PC, etc. Of course, I'm a cynical person... :)

Probably be all abuzz with people complaining about the new mode, doesn't do this or that like the PC, they have it so nice on PC, why didn't they add 'this' like on the PC, etc. Of course, I'm a cynical person... :)

My question to them is if you hate the 360 version so much and the PC version is just that much better why don't you go out any BUY the PC version and leave us that enjoy the 360 one alone.