Community error. The saints row: The third server is not available at this time...

O0mix0O

So I was bought SR:T3 yesterday as a birthday prez, wanted to download my character which has been uploaded and it didn't work. After a quick google it said the was unscheduled server maintenance which they've now updated saying everything is working. It's not. I just want to download my char. and start playing... I've restarted xbox and stuff but I keep getting this error :(

Also, on the website I get this: 404

Ooh Sh*t.

You're F*cked.

The page you requested cannot be displayed.

Even though this was fixed... So they say...

Edited by O0mix0O

ah! now i see! Link Accounts.

it just says

GAMING ACCOUNTS

Link your consoles to your THQ account to upload characters and view stats on the web.

When you are finished, click SAVE at the bottom of the page to confirm your changes.

but i my account to.

They posted that they were going to fix some of the sharing

"Just to let our fans know, our team is working on the issues you may be having with the Saints Row Community Sharing features. Any previous uploads are safe. We hope to have an update shortly, and you can follow along at the news post below. Thank you as always for your patience."

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, it was the site having some issues... For nearly a week! Although when they said they'd fixed it, it worked fine for me. I'd suggest posting on the site's forums :)

Ok, thanks for the advice - I will give that a try and then fingers crossed :-)

Server might just be busy with the competition thing they have going on right now

Still not working and still no response :-(

Can you do me a favour - try clicking community at the title screen and see if you can still get there... if it still works for you then I will be even more worried!

Sorry to hear that buddy. I logged in and went on community and everything loads up fine. I also went on my steelport and my uploads, stats etc. all loaded up without a hitch. So, I guess this is when you start worrying :p

Only thing I could suggest would be to use Firefox if you're currently using IE/Safari/Chrome etc. Hope you get a response from THQ :)

Sorry to hear that buddy. I logged in and went on community and everything loads up fine. I also went on my steelport and my uploads, stats etc. all loaded up without a hitch. So, I guess this is when you start worrying :p

Only thing I could suggest would be to use Firefox if you're currently using IE/Safari/Chrome etc. Hope you get a response from THQ :)

Just tried using IE and Firefox (was on chrome before). Everytime I click my steelport, I get this:

Console Linking

How to Link Your Console

There are three easy steps for linking your Gamertag to your Saints Row community account.

Get the Initiation Station

Play Saints Row: The Third or download the Initiation Station on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Create a Saint

Design the look of your character from head to toe. Sample the fashions that Steelport's finest shops have to offer, and get a little plastic surgery while you're there.

Upload Your Saint

When you are done creating, upload your character to the Saints Row community website. You will be asked to log into your THQ account. Log in, and your account is automatically linked to your gamertag.

Can't do anything from there:-(

I'm a little worried that it may be because I am in Japan, with a Japanese gamertag, yet the game is the US version (though it is region free so shouldn't be... right?)

Just tried using IE and Firefox (was on chrome before). Everytime I click my steelport, I get this:

Console Linking

How to Link Your Console

There are three easy steps for linking your Gamertag to your Saints Row community account.

Get the Initiation Station

Play Saints Row: The Third or download the Initiation Station on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Create a Saint

Design the look of your character from head to toe. Sample the fashions that Steelport's finest shops have to offer, and get a little plastic surgery while you're there.

Upload Your Saint

When you are done creating, upload your character to the Saints Row community website. You will be asked to log into your THQ account. Log in, and your account is automatically linked to your gamertag.

Can't do anything from there:-(

I'm a little worried that it may be because I am in Japan, with a Japanese gamertag, yet the game is the US version (though it is region free so shouldn't be... right?)

Blimey, that is quite a problem you have there man. It shouldn't not work just because you're in Japan. I honestly don't know what to suggest apart from posting new threads on the site's forums and trying to contact THQ.

Actually, do you have any friends in Japan who have saints row? Because by getting them to sign in and try to link accounts you would be able to see if the problem was with your PC or whether it is due to the fact you're in Japan. Let me know how you get on fella :)

• 2 months later...

Probably should start a new thread for this but its along the same lines so ill try here first.

Just got the game myself, new, was on offer for 19quid. Sealed and everything so no worries there. I made myself an account on the THQ/Saints row site, everything fine, made a toon in the initiation station thing and uploaded it to my account, also fine, can see it in my uploads section on the website. Linked my xbox live account with it aswell, which shows up fine.

Come to the game itself, every single time i try and access the character selection where i should be able to download my char it tells me the server is offline, if i try and turn on screenshots in the phone it tells me the server is offline. Admittedly i've only tried for 2 days now but the site seems fine, i see other peoples stats updating in the game feed thing. What am i missing?

I've not done the online code bit, nothings asked me to and assumed that was only for co-op/systemlink anyway.

Just bugging me a bit, did put a good hr or so into my char lol

Edit: so seems im not alone, hate game forums but others are having the same issue, seems some patch/dlc prob did it just before i got the game and i ofc updated when i stuck it in.

/offtopic Love how with every game specific site i always have trouble logging in after making an account, reset password, fine, change back to mine, cant login again (im not stupid, using even a simple pass still doesnt work and i have to reset again lol), THQ, Activision, pfft, make sites that work with Firefox and stop making them so full of flash. Working site far greater than pre(shi)tty site with bazillion videos popping up, user friendly is the game, not in your face crap. /rant!!!

Edit2: All sorted, was server side after the latest dlc/patch or something. They fixed the backend and all was well.

Edited by Killerchronic

• 3 years later...