Hope For Midway Games

Alypso

hello, i'm a great fan of all the midway arcade classic games (like Gauntlet, Joust, Robotron ...)

unfortunately i'm missed to buy all those games at xbox arcade.

now i hope they find the way to the game room. is there a chance ?

Apparently they have enough titles already licensed to take them into the middle of 2011 even if they stopped now. There's going to be 7 titles every week and I think they're looking at Friday becoming "Game Room Friday". The guy that Major Nelson interviewed said one of his favorites was Time Pilot which if I recall correctly that was a Midway title. If that's the case I'd say its only a matter of time.

On a side note, he also said that the game room idea was first brought up because someone in a meeting wanted to be able to have Dreamcast games on Live, but rather than narrow it down to a Dreamcast emulator they decided on Game Room which will eventually become pretty much an "everything" emulator.

-Grishnaar

Edit: sorry, turns out Time Pilot was Konami. Oh well, can still hope I guess.

Edited by Grishnaar
clarification

Apparently they have enough titles already licensed to take them into the middle of 2011 even if they stopped now. There's going to be 7 titles every week and I think they're looking at Friday becoming "Game Room Friday". The guy that Major Nelson interviewed said one of his favorites was Time Pilot which if I recall correctly that was a Midway title. If that's the case I'd say its only a matter of time.

On a side note, he also said that the game room idea was first brought up because someone in a meeting wanted to be able to have Dreamcast games on Live, but rather than narrow it down to a Dreamcast emulator they decided on Game Room which will eventually become pretty much an "everything" emulator.

-Grishnaar

Edit: sorry, turns out Time Pilot was Konami. Oh well, can still hope I guess.

Seventh Cross Evolution for Dreamcast would be awesome!!!

• 2 weeks later...