Griffball is really f**k up with laggy maniac.

quocviet0908

Well, if you have a laggy connection, you will be beat up to death for sure no matter how you play it. If you only have a delay at 0,5s to 1s, you will be bashed to crap although you hit your enemy at the same time, or one step before him. I have played over 10 matches and only have 1 good connection match where I got a instant kill on hit with both sword or hammer.

If would be frustrating when you bash the enemy at his back but him just run like nothing, or get stomped by the hammer no matter how you hit him first with your sword.

Is there any a tip for those laggy matches? There is no way to enjoy this play mode if anyone no matter how they are terrible or bad at the game still can beat your crap out. :(

It's been fine for me so far. On a different note, I dislike the sound effect from the Hammer.

I haven't had any problems either and the hammer sounds less threatening. In H3 and Reach, there was a huge boom the players go flying, but in this one, it sounds like a whistle and hardly any bounce for hitting the players. On a different note...

I'm so glad Grifball is back!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates the sound of the hammer. It just sounds so pathetic. On a similar note, I still hate how jumping and smacking mid-air with a hammer actually does damage. You should have to be hitting a surface.

There also seem to be a problem with the Grifball Pro Playlist. After my team reached the 3-0 mark last night, we still ended up playing 2 more games even though it was impossible for them to win. It's nice having more opportunities for medals and commendations, but there's no incentive to stay if you've already lost. I hope they fix that.

Other than that, though, I'm loving it. Glad they didn't add AA's, although I admit to missing Jetpack Grifball. I hope they reintroduce that one.

Edited by DarkReign2021

I'm glad that the tried and true "If you're host you can't die" is back in this iteration of Grifball. Got 2 killionaires in the first game where I was host, then almost went negative in the next when I wasn't host.

Least I can use this playlist to grind out some of the shittier commendations like the hammer and sword kills. If I didn't have multikill and first strikes mastered already, this would be amazing for those too.

Edit: Ball kills count for oddball kills but if you kill the guy carrying the ball it doesn't count as a carrier kill. Whatevs, I have hold the oddball maxed out but not the kills so I can grind those out too. Neato.

Edited by Ty-Rex

Sometimes the announcer randomly shouted out "BETRAYAL!" despite the fact that I didn't betray a teammate nor did a teammate betray me. Happened 3 or 4 times in one game, and it pissed me off a bit.

I know really? I had a bit of lag one game. I looked over to a teammate and he died without the guy swinging his hammer. Funniest thing I've seen all day.

Little off topic here but I gotta admit, I was a little sceptical of how grifball would play out with sprint and a respawning ball. Much for fast paced and intense. I like it.

I also like the normal version that doesn't have a new round start every time someone scores. It feels jarring now to have the game stop just because one team scored.

Agreed with the hammer sound. I suppose I don't dislike the sound effects in Halo 4, but why all the changes? Someone accidentally delete all the damn original .wav files?

New company, new composer. I miss that original music from the escape scenes. It made those moments so epic!

New company, new composer. I miss that original music from the escape scenes. It made those moments so epic!

They did get a new composer for the game, but considering they ripped so much stuff straight out of Reach, they could have easily copied to old sound files. It's more that they just want to make the game more their own as much as possible.

I don't dislike the hammer sound. Seems fine to me.

Just had an experience on Primordial. The black screen comes up for either selecting a new host or someone quitting and when that happens and the game comes back up, everyone falls to the water because most of the floor is gone. I wouldn't mind this if not for the fact that if the ball falls in when this happens, it doesn't respawn! Even though my team won that game, I feel bad since it wasn't fair for the other team. Not even Reach had this many problems with custom maps.

Am I the only one who thinks the sound of the hammer is so funny in a trolling way?

It is like saying "yeah, Grifball, check it out!!1 Hammers and swords! Swing your hammer like Thor and *bip* check out the ROAR *bip*

I really dig it.