- Offline: 0/5 (0:gsicon:)

- Online: 5/5 (125:gsicon:)

- Approximate amount of time to 125: 1+ Hour

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Glitchy achievements: None

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Extra equipment needed?: None

Introduction

Inspired by the grisly shootouts from Max’s past, the Painful Memories Pack will bring four new maps and much more to Max Payne 3 Multiplayer.

Revisit the subway bloodbath from the original Max Payne in the Roscoe Street Subway map. Flashback to the dingy Hoboken watering hole at Marty’s Bar, open fire on the posh Branco family yacht in Shoot First and wage Gang Wars at Canal De Panamá. The Painful Memories Pack also includes the IMG 5.56 and UAR-21 Assault Rifles, new factions and items. There is also the Hangover Burst, which causes enemies to respawn with blurred vision, reduced stamina and health.

The Painful Memories Pack is available for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE. Rockstar Pass owners of course receive it free of charge.

Step One: Bar Brawler + Drinker's Revenge

They can be done in the same match, in the "Marty's Bar" map. Make sure you have a loadout with the Hip Flask item equipped, and your partner with a Sniper Rifle loadout.

Step Two: Ouch My Head

It's suggested you boost this one with a 8-player lobby on the "Branco's HQ" map. Make sure you have a loadout with the Hangover Burst equipped.

Step Three: Long Arm of the Lawless

This achievement can be obtained on either the small Panama-Yacht map, or the larger Panama Canal map. This must be done in the Payne Killer game mode.

Step Four: Welcome Ashore

This must be done in Gang Wars. The observation deck is located south-west to the yacht, it should be be mistaken for the large, 2-story building right next to the boat.

----------------------------------------

1oCLiGJhbC9BDhoEGlxTWTZiL2FjaC8wLzQ1AAAAAOfn5-k0kUE=.jpg Long Arm of the Lawless 20:gsicon:

Kill Max Payne in Panama as the De Marcos

This achievement is very simple but it should be noted that it must be done on either the Panama Canal map (this is the larger map where the yacht is docked), or the Panama Yacht map (the smaller map with the boat in the ocean). First, set up your Deathmatch avatar as the new De Marcos faction (that came with this DLC) from the Multiplayer Menu. Now launch a game of Payne Killer and simply kill the player who is Max Payne and the achievement is yours!

1ICLiGJhbC9CDhoEGlxTWTZiL2FjaC8wLzQ2AAAAAOfn5-sVmPQ=.jpg Bar Brawler 20:gsicon:

Kill someone with a melee strike in the Bar area of Hoboken Bar

Any game mode will work for this achievement; however, make sure you are playing on the new "Marty's Bar" map. In order to obtain the achievement, you must melee attack-kill, :ybut:, an enemy player inside the Bar area of the map.

The Bar is easily found across from the Church and has multiple entrances. If you are boosting, simply ask your partner to meet you inside the bar and make sure to melee strike them in front of the bar counter.

1YCLiGJhbC9DDhoEGlxTWTZiL2FjaC8wLzQ3AAAAAOfn5-r1YGc=.jpg Ouch My Head 25:gsicon:

Headshot someone with a Hangover

This achievement's description is quite confusing, as one would think you would have to be the one who is hungover while getting a kill.

That's not the case. All you must do is kill an enemy player who is effected by your Hangover Burst. Be sure to get your Burst meter to Level 3. A Level 3 Hangover will cause enemies to spawn with little stamina and low health for about 10-15 seconds.

It is suggested that this achievement be boosted with a full 8-player lobby, because it is likely that an enemy will hold back until their Hangover wears off in a legitimate match. A great map for this achievement would be "Branco HQ." Activate your Level 3 Hangover burst and kill your partner. When they spawn, communicate quickly in order to locate and kill them while the Hangover is still in effect on them.

1ICLiGJhbC8VDhoEGlxTWTZiL2FjaC8wLzRhAAAAAOfn5-sd01Y=.jpg Welcome Ashore 30:gsicon:

Kill a player on the yacht from the observation platform of the Panama Canal

This must be done in a Gang Wars mode and is suggested that you have a full 8-player boosting lobby and a Sniper Rifle loadout. Be aware that the observation platform is not the 2-story building immediately to the left of the yacht. You can find the observation deck to the south-west of the yacht, past some metal catwalks. It is the single-story, white building with large glass windows.

Have your partner(s) on the enemy team stand on the front of the yacht while you position yourself inside the observation platform. Melee the windows and follow up with a direct headshot from your Sniper Rifle. The achievement will pop as soon as you kill one of the enemy players on the yacht.

14CLiGJhbC9NDhoEGlxTWTZiL2FjaC8wLzQ5AAAAAOfn5-gyjPo=.jpg Drinker's Revenge 30:gsicon:

Kill the sniper who broke your Hip Flask in the same life

The Hip Flask item protects the user from a single Sniper Rifle round. With that said, equip this item to one of your loadouts and make sure your partner(s) have a loadout with a Sniper Rifle.

Have them shoot you in the torso, preferably at close range. The Hip Flask will save your life, allowing you to terminate your partner and earn the achievement!

As soon as the Season Pass drops to half (like it was meant to few weeks back) I will be all over this. Solid man!

EDIT: This applies to your other 2 guides as well. ;)

Yeah what the heck happened to that being on sale?! Hopefully you can grab it soon, man. And thanks :) great job on the Local Justice DLC Guide too!!

You guys and your guides haha. Nice job bro!

Lmao someones gotta do them! :woop:

You and your instant completions! :p

I love writing Guides :p only Micro ones though. As retail games would force me to blaze through the game to know what I'm talking about when writing the guide.

His completion rate is insane! He finished Hitman Absolution in like 2.5 days!

Lmao someones gotta do them! :woop:

You and your instant completions! :p

HAHAHAHA this shit made my day.

I love writing Guides :p only Micro ones though. As retail games would force me to blaze through the game to know what I'm talking about when writing the guide.

His completion rate is insane! He finished Hitman Absolution in like 2.5 days!

Hey I'm just motivating you, keep up the great work and yeah well Hitman...47 had a date so he needed to get the contracts done fast!

Hey I'm just motivating you, keep up the great work and yeah well Hitman...47 had a date so he needed to get the contracts done fast!

Well, it's working! I'm gonna start up Hitman next month or so, hopefully it's as easy as you made it look. 47, on a date? He'd probably kill them! I can't even picture that :p

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Max Payne 3 / DLC: Painful Memories Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

with the total lack of people still playing online lately especially with all the dlc im really looking for some people to boost DLC achieves with and possibly multiplayer level if interested. Let me know in game GT: Gweel9

(Im on all the time so getting in touch should not be a issue)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...