The Official Bitching Thread

WalterWhite

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why I have to customize the mom and dad to make my character's look. Somehow my character looks like she just went through a really bad plastic surgery lol.

Well, thats one way to hide a bad character creator ;). But that's something I really don't get. I get to a certain extent why the three singleplayer characters have a limited amount of clothes/hair/etc in order to keep their identity and keep them diverse (at least thats my explanation). But GTA Online would have benefited so much from a big character creator. Just take the one from Saints Row... That thing was fun.

It's like Fallout...It seems they want ugly characters to walk around.

I really think the choosing your heritage part was put in so the creator would seem 'deep' but honestly it's just a charade to make you think you're actually having some input.

yeah the way the whole parents/grandparents is kinda irrelevant

unless of course at some point in the online story the parents etc show up...then it makes a tiny bit of sense so you dont have black pre set grandparents and black parents when your character is asian or something lol

Yes, and it's something that will continue for as long as I come to this site. I'm sorry for ever quoting you. I had no idea you'd lose your shit like that.

Please don't respond, I really don't care.

Since when is engaging in a conversation "losing your shit"? It's a shame you can't handle a simple conversation. :biglaugh

Back on topic: They couldn't put just one helicopter or plane out to fly around? Really?

That right stick problem is a bit annoying. Sometimes when I'm trying to track a target, the damn reticule will just stick for no apparent reason, and I'm pretty damn sure it's not the controller.

Secondly, I was doing a photo shoot for Beverly. Whipped the camera out and... stuck scanning storage. Failed the damn mission because I can't activate the camera. At the end, this is the message I get: "Alert: Failed to load a list of your Snapmatic photos from Social Club. The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now. Please try again later". Lame!

Oh yeah, and still can't join Online; not even solo.

I've helped a lot of people during my time here, yet all I'm known for is my darker side, where I tell people why I think they're wrong. I've reached my limit with it, and I'm not willing to help if I'm not even slightly appreciated or respected for it.

I can understand where you're coming from. When you say something that supports other people's arguments, or something that they agree with, they make you a local hero. Say something contradictory to their opinions, or don't tow the party line and you're public enemy number 1, and possibly even have your posts deleted. Don't expect freedom of speech here.

Edited by Direkin

Is anyone else annoyed that people can go to passive mode when they have a bounty on them?

Also, why the hell do i keep having to put access to my car on friends. Someone just stole my car and blew it up! i got over my grief though when I blew up his car, killed him 30 times stalking him over multiple sessions, and running over his friends.

Does anyone else acknowledge the similarities between Saints Row and GTA:O? Anyone wanna play with that notion? :D

Personally, I think it's hilarious that they borrowed from what is usually considered to be "just a clone" of GTA.

If only they'd 'borrowed' the character creator, too.

Don't expect freedom of speech here.

As The Clash so concisely put it:

"You have the right to free speech

As long as

You're not dumb enough to actually try it!"

I'm really quite pissed off at this broken online mode. If NASA worked for 5 years to create something, launched it, and the thing didn't fucking work, people would lose their jobs.

They knew what they were releasing, I'm sure they knew how big of a hit it was going to be, and they had 5 years to toy with it, for fuck's sake. I don't appreciate being Rockstar's free beta tester. This is something that should have been addressed before releasing a largely broken product.

Rockstar can make one hell of a single player experience, but boy, do they have a lot to learn about online gaming. I expect better from a company that just made 1 billion over 3 days of sales. There are simply no excuses.

I'm really quite pissed off at this broken online mode. If NASA worked for 5 years to create something, launched it, and the thing didn't fucking work, people would lose their jobs.

They knew what they were releasing, I'm sure they knew how big of a hit it was going to be, and they had 5 years to toy with it, for fuck's sake. I don't appreciate being Rockstar's free beta tester. This is something that should have been addressed before releasing a largely broken product.

Rockstar can make one hell of a single player experience, but boy, do they have a lot to learn about online gaming. I expect better from a company that just made 1 billion over 3 days of sales. There are simply no excuses.

SURPRISE! NASA has launched things that don't work.

http://www.popsci.com/military-aviation-amp-space/gallery/2009-03/top-10-nasa-probe-failures

No shit? My point I was trying to make is, when a company like NASA launches something and it goes pear-shaped, people get fired. Rockstar are barely responding to our concerns.

If I wanted to pay $60 (not to mention the extra money I shelled out to renew my Xbox Live subscription for the sole reason of playing this game online) for Rockstar to bust a load on my face and then sit with their thumbs up their arses, I would have.

When I buy a game, I expect it to work. Plain and simple. They're taking the piss. I'm not even going to touch on the multitude of issues I experienced in the single-player.. now, I understand glitches and hiccups in the first few days of an online launch, but the first tutorial mission is literally broken for a large percentage of players. THE FIRST MISSION! Was this shit even beta tested before it was launched? Ridiculous.

Battlefield 4's beta just launched, with things running smoothly for up to 64 players, with incredible graphics, on launch day. I have no sympathy for a company that releases a broken product and then shrugs their shoulders, saying "We're sorry, we're working on it". I just feel like a fool for paying them, at this point.

This is a throwback to Max Payne 3's buggy and almost-broken multiplayer that never got fixed. They're laughing all the way to the bank, and the people that keep defending them are part of the problem. Collectively, as gamers, we need to let companies like Rockstar know that we will not tolerate this shit!

/rant over

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to The Official Bitching Thread