All my saves have been wiped!!!!!

Ant Montana

Just downloaded the new update 5 minutes ago and now ALL my 5 level 50 characters are gone and all my progress, WTF is going on with this. Anyone had this problem? I was playing earlier this week an UTVHM and all seemed fine.

Are they gone, or corrupted? Ikke at det har stort å si, men det hjalp å restarte xboxen og routeren for meg, da mine saves putelig ble borte etter den tredje DLC'en.

Edited by Fand3nsOld3mor

Just downloaded the new update 5 minutes ago and now ALL my 5 level 50 characters are gone and all my progress, WTF is going on with this. Anyone had this problem? I was playing earlier this week an UTVHM and all seemed fine.

Man that is not cool. Right when they released this:

Added a new automatic backup feature -- the game will periodically create a backup of your current character so that there is something to fall back on if your character save becomes corrupted.

I copied all my saves to my other HDD, but still getting the same shit. Sad,angry,pissed off face.

Im sorry, that sucks. I dont know what to do about it, but I would send Gearbox a ticket about it. Not that I think that would help, but they should be told that they f***ed up again. Maybe you can find a solution on the tech support pages on the gearbox forum, people post their problems and solutions to them there, might be the a good place to look.

New warning for others I suppose, always make sure you have your game saves backed up recently before accepting any updates. I always regularly backup my saves anyway, so ALL of my progress wouldn't be lost due to any random corruption issues. But good to have a definite 'event' as a reminder to double check them from now on.

It would obviously be great if it didn't do such a thing in the first place, but....eh, can't be helped. You can either get angry and stop playing this game (maybe all GB games) altogether. Or you just suck it up and let it go or start over, when all else fails, of course.

Are they gone, or corrupted? Ikke at det har stort å si, men det hjalp å restarte xboxen og routeren for meg, da mine saves putelig ble borte etter den tredje DLC'en.

Du svarte på norsk!

I have also lost saves in the past. After that I always have a copied save on an USB stick.

Du svarte på norsk!

I have also lost saves in the past. After that I always have a copied save on an USB stick.

Det er fordi det står at han kommer fra Norge. :)

Best to keep them on a flash drive that is not cot connected to the xbox. I had a save wiped from both harddrive and flash drive at the same time. You never know...

Det er fordi det står at han kommer fra Norge. :)

Best to keep them on a flash drive that is not cot connected to the xbox. I had a save wiped from both harddrive and flash drive at the same time. You never know...

Det la jeg ikke merke til, morsomt!

The issue of having saves deleted in this game is really bothersome.

I have only experienced this before in Gears of War 2, I didnt lose the saves but all progress (kills and levels) was wiped twice.

Det er i orden nå, takk for hjelper.

I loaded up my girlfriends game then joined on a second controller and hey presto, all my characters back. Strange though, 'cause all my characters now have 200 bad ass points to spend and I now have 20 golden keys that I didn't have before. Result!

Something similar happened to me when I loaded up a level 20-ish character on PC. I didn't have any save issues, but one day I loaded up my Siren and she had a ton of tokens to spend and I ended up with 17 keys (when I only had 7 keys previously). Very strange indeed, but it was certainly not a bad thing. :D

I just had something similar.

At first it was acting like my default level 50 Commando was only level 1, went to character select and that's fixed.

Loaded it up and all my fucking skins are gone. Even the DLC collectors ones which I checked I had on my HDD whilst checking I had it all before I started playing. All I see now are a few of the ones I unlocked, the normal ones and fucking adverts for their bloody DLC skins.

Also my Badass Rank is acting weird, it's reset all the bonus points but I still have the rank and now 207 points to spend.

It's really annoying considering how long it took to get them all.

i just downloaded the update and was level 1 from 52...knew i was screwed, all you have to do is press y to pick your character again... do each one and load the game associated with that character go back 2 main screen after each one loads. after that pick your fave and you will have to put all badass points in again. you will prob have every key you ever had as well. im sick of this already... redoing 180 badass points is a pain.

edit this time i was missing 15 keys after redoing all characters, i had 25 (so did my wife but hers never screws up and she still has all her keys) this is my 4th time redoing mine, i once got xtra keys as well

Edited by skiscaraudio

• 3 weeks later...