My thoughts about Resurrection....

Finally beat The Forgotten One. This boss fight is so poorly programmed and ridiculously difficult, that even though beating the entire game on Paladin was a piece of cake, he took me OVER 150 tries on Squire. Easily the worst boss fight in the history of gaming. The DLC for this game is absolute crap. Even what small parts I enjoyed were ruined by the horrific comic-style cutscenes. I can't believe they were so incredibly lazy with the DLC, after the main game was so amazing.

I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who found the boss difficult, the boss doesn't really have a pattern, you just have to be really patient with him to see an opening, anyone else besides me dreading this fight on paladin difficulty?

Story-wise is a major disappointment that explained nothing to this so called "stunning finale", but what I think was the biggest disappointment to me besides the short stages & poor story has to be the fact that Gabriel doesn't get any sort of special abilities after gaining Laura's so called "powers", I don't know about you guys but I was expecting something like an epic battle using dark powers/demon vs demon.

Also I was annoyed how Gabriel used Richter's line from SOTN...

I had this game 100% completed before the DLC came out, I'm not even going to bother trying to complete it again, its just not worth the hassle. The Forgotten One is THE worst boss fight I've ever seen, in any game. Its like they couldn't think of anything interesting to do for the boss, so they simply gave hum unblockable and unavoidable attacks to make him hard. Both DLC packs for this game are worthless in my book.

Reverie was pretty cool in my opinion. Working with Laura was fun, and there were some good amount of fighting, puzzling and platforming. Ressurrection is flat out bad unfortunately. I beat The Forgotten One on Paladin difficulty after couple hours of playing and was utterly disappointed to learn absolutely nothing new from the story perspective. Even in Reverie you already kinda get the idea how Gabriel became Dracula, being sent to this hellish realm and leaving his humanity behind. Why they didn't add anything further to the story? :/

I have got 2 achievements in Resurrection but the total score doesn't increase!.....is there a bug with the achievements???...i have all the other achievos (48/48) and the game displays these 48 and no more....any idea?

I have got 2 achievements in Resurrection but the total score doesn't increase!.....is there a bug with the achievements???...i have all the other achievos (48/48) and the game displays these 48 and no more....any idea?

Same here, I already have all 53 achievements, but in the game overview it only says 48/48 and when I press A to view all of them then it says 53 of 53 unlocked. It's a microsoft problem, they didn't upload them well... or something like that.

Spoilers

I love how you've all managed to loosen the grips over your rage towards the achievement issues so much that you've let it spill in to this thread.

And I'm quite shocked, and disappointed with most of the thoughts people have had with this DLC. Near every one seems to have been off put by the difficulty scale of the DLC. Well, this DLC was officially the end of the game: of COURSE it was going to be difficult.

I thought this was a great conclude to the story of Castlevania: LOS. The atmosphere was great. The majority of this DLC had some very well thought out scenes which were so much more entertaining than just a level filled with button bashing battle sequences against hordes of minions. Towards the end of the original game, I was getting quite sick of that. This was filled with innovative, challenging, platforming adrenaline-pumping sequences such as scaling a collapsing wall in chase of The Forgotten One, to running from rising Lava-I particularly loved the event where we had to move around the pillar to hide from him.

All of this I loved, and the final battle was so up my street. I really liked how challenging it war, and how hectic it was. It constantly had you on your feet at all times. I can admit though, making him so difficulty wasn't a great decision for a 'must-beat' boss, as I do believe a lot of unskilled players may no have been able to beat him. And that ending sequence as Gabriel was running to grab The Forgotten one's power to the last 2 minutes of the Final Confrontation was great.

I'll admit, it was NOT lengthy enough to be worth it's price, but I still felt that this DLC was not 'a disaster' or how ever over dramatically you guys criticized it. And, I do get the awful feeling that most of your bitterness came from the fact that the achievements had glitched and I'm ashamed in you for that. It's something no one cares to think about: But achievements are not real, gamer score isn't real and it's all pixels and coding. I know and live by how fun it is to get-but if you're all valuing it to the point where you're slandering the actual games, then you're valuing it to high/YOU'RE DOING IT THE FUCK WRONG!.

I'm gonna have to disagree with most of what you said. While I share you're opinion that the difficulty should have been scaled up, as this was supposed to be the finale to the game, it is my opinion that the way the DLC was excuted was extremely flawed and seems that it is only there as a cash grab for Konami and Mercury Steam and not much else.

If you consider the two levels we got, if the obstacles were taken out, the levels could have been completed in less than 15 mins. Now I'm not saying I want them taken out, they are what make this DLC what they are, add challenge to them and add to the overall experience. The difficulty could have been toned down, or been steady increased over several more levels that should have been added. I didn't think that the platforming was innovative, rather I saw it as taking the more frustrating parts of the game and making them even harder. I was also irritated that Gabriel got no new moves for the combat cross or power for his relics, and that his "transformation" added nothing except him being in pain during a short cut scene.

I think what most people are really upset about however is what this game does to the overall story of Lords of Shadow. In this DLC we were promised a stunning conclusion that showed the fate of Gabriel and the Belmont clan. All we got (or can assume) is that Gabriel fully embraces his dark side becoming Dracula, and that he shattered the combat cross so that we won't be getting 10 sequels of Belmonts (or Alucard, or anyone else for that matter) fighting Dracula. That is also about the only thing that happens. Considering the epilogue to the original game, I think they could have done a better job of setting up a sequel. It would be like if the original game ended after the credits and there were no epilogue. How lame would that have been?

I was really looking forward to a sequel before they released this DLC, but now that they have I feel that they ruined the good story that they had going and I could care less to see a sequel. This DLC raises a lot of new questions, like why doesn't Dracula one-shot Zobek in the epilogue with the Forgotten One's power? Or more importantly, does he lose that power at some point? Obviously he is a lot weaker in the epilogue, so what happened to the badass power that he stole from the Forgotten One.

We all agreed that the price was too much, and it is considering that a $60 game that took 20-25 hours to beat gets DLC that takes less than an hour and together costs a combined total of $20. I think that's a bit steep.

(I should also add that I thought the Forgotten One was laughable and they really should have got a voice actor that was different from the guy that played Cornell.)

• 4 weeks later...

Good you made this thread.

Usually I'm a die hard completionist and bought lots of shitty DLC over the course of my gaming career but I won't get this.

Reverie was a piece of shit already and if this even worse and hard on top of that I wont bother.

There just should have been no DLC for this game at all.

• 1 month later...

I actually liked the DLC's. The game is just fun, to me. Reverie and Resurrection both added story that I find interesting.

The drawn art looked nice, good and gritty, but I would have preferred to have actual actual cut scenes. However, beggars can't be choosers.

Overall, even though the boss fight was annoying on Squire (Paladin is going to be fun...), I was glad to pay the $20 for both of them. Each to their own, I suppose.

I actually liked the DLC's. The game is just fun, to me. Reverie and Resurrection both added story that I find interesting.

The drawn art looked nice, good and gritty, but I would have preferred to have actual actual cut scenes. However, beggars can't be choosers.

Overall, even though the boss fight was annoying on Squire (Paladin is going to be fun...), I was glad to pay the $20 for both of them. Each to their own, I suppose.

^ this. I totally agree. I understand the complaint about the cost versus what it added, but I really enjoyed playing the main game and the addition to the story from the dlc was totally worth it for me. I play action based games often so I didnt struggle as much with paladin difficulty, the boss fight at the end was challenging but not the hardest thing I have seen in a game before either.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have 3 things to say about LoS DLC

1)I agree with DNC Protoman about how they explain how drac got his prince of darkness powers.

2)It show what happened to the original combat cross as mirrior of fate only says that trevor and simons combat cross is a copy of the original that was lost in the abyss.

and

3)They where never going to made this DLC as they didn't think the game would sell as well as it did and the higher up made them make the DLC after it sold as it did, so techial the game wasn't desgined with DLC in mind.

• 11 months later...