Challenges Help

wbpridgen

Anyone discovered a way to reset the challenges?

Right now I have to "Win a Standoff with only a High Card."

Seriously.... I can't re-roll this? That's so improbable.

I got stuck with this one aswell.... Pissing me off now! Something tells me I should have gone with the "buy everyone a drink in 1 tournament" but I was saving my tokens

Anyone have any tips for getting this??

Edited by IEvil IMonkey

I got stuck with this one aswell.... Pissing me off now! Something tells me I should have gone with the "buy everyone a drink in 1 tournament" but I was saving my tokens

Anyone have any tips for getting this??

I started a new save. It'll take me less time to get back to where I was.

Are there any other tips besides deleting the save? I've literally earned all 4 from the players, and completed 2/3 for GlaDoSs, the last one being "Win a Showdown with only a High Card". I really don't want to have to delete and restart if possible, being that I am so close to my fifth skin.

Only thing to do is hope you get lucky and win a showdown with a high card. Honestly, it will take me less time to completely restart and earn everything again than to try and finish that bounty.

My last challenge set included winning a showdown with a high card (as well as buying everyone drinks.)

Best way I can suggest getting this is by bluffing on the blind, if you happen to draw an Ace or King. Go all in, and if things don't work out when the last card is drawn, dashboard it. If you go all in on the first round, I noticed someone will always try and go against you. I guess I got lucky the one time I tried that technique, because I won with the Ace high.

edit - Figured it out. For anyone else who might be a lil confused by it.

For the 'Steal a hand on the flop' challenge (and I'm assuming it'll probably be on the turn/river, as well) you basically have to make everyone who is in at the time, fold and 'steal' the pot. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place.

Edited by A ZombieTwinkie

It would be nice if we could trade inventory tokens to reset some of these challenges. "Win standoff with a high card" took me forever to get and now I have it again. :(

I feel your pain..this is the last challenge I need to unlock my last bounty and get teh last achievement its so frustrating I hate this game :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Only thing to do is hope you get lucky and win a showdown with a high card. Honestly, it will take me less time to completely restart and earn everything again than to try and finish that bounty.

Well I took your advice and it was quicker deleting my save and then using the dash trick to regain all the bounties again with easy challenges. Took me about 4hours and although I had all the achievements apart from the GLADOS one I ended up with just over 900k in the bank and just the Army of Darkness table left to unlock. I guess you could get the full 400g in 5hours :woop:

Anyway glad to have finished this now. That challenge would have been the end of my 360 pad :uzi:

It would be nice if we could trade inventory tokens to reset some of these challenges. "Win standoff with a high card" took me forever to get and now I have it again. :(

I had this exact problem, and I didn't do xhunterrrr's method. I've been doing ohama all the way, and get to 1 million. Then I started a new tournament using texas hold em, eliminating one by one until I am against the last person.

Then fold all the way until you get k or a, then check. DO NOT GO ALL IN or BET, increasing the chance he'll fold too.

If the last person is about to be eliminated..just dashboard and try again until you get what you want for a high card.

This took me almost one hour getting this last bounty done after reaching a million dollar achievement...so not bad at all!

Edited by TheFlusher

Except to do all in until two people call, not really (or if two people go all in, call whatever the hand you have).

The showdown with a high card is easy. Play the hand that have an ace or king and go all in (bests are oneS with an ace).

You'll often win with ace high.

Edited by davhuit

I am in the same boat. I have to win a showdown with a better kicker.

I need help for this one too. I would assume that both the player and an opponent would get the same card build and the ace kicker in the player's hand would trump all who try to oppose the player. That's just a theory so far. Is anyone a poker pro so we could confirm that?

I have won several hands with a pair and a high card. Mostly aces and it doesn't count. I have had claptrap beat me several times with me having a king and he has an ace and the rest of the cards did not make a hand. However the same thing will not happen to me.

This challenge is bullshit. Last acheivement i need is glados' bounty and this challenge is the only thing stopping me.

I hate that we can't reset them. I've been stuck at 2/3 challenges for multiple tournaments now. The computer doesn't want to give me a flush or full house anymore. I won plenty of showdowns before with these before I got this particular challenge.