Fifa 12 and Hacked Gamertag Accounts

Tyger7

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question...other than that scenario of a hacker buying a family account and points, do the hackers only spend what Microsoft points you have?

Yeah, if you have no credit cards or paypal attached, they just steal all your MSP. I'm still not very clear on how they spend every point.

Also if you're a completionist as many here are, you get a shit game put on your tag.

Yeah, if you have no credit cards or paypal attached, they just steal all your MSP. I'm still not very clear on how they spend every point.

I almost want to say I was hacked. Yet, nothing was bought, but I have zero points now. I only had maybe 140 or something last I knew. It's hard to tell because I've already been playing Fifa '12 and Ultimate Team too, as well as already purchased 2 gold packs on my own. But now I have zero points.

Strange.

I will get back to you how to tell, just hold on. Hopefully you only have one console.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile/Protection

Go there are check your visited consoles. If you have extra console logins, you're hacked. If you have extra consoles on there, use the require profile download button there. It didn't require a login for me right away but when I tried to play a game the update check signed me out and I had to recover my profile.

https://account.live.com/ManageAssocIds

Also, on this site there will probably be another e-mail that the hackers will use to change your password. You should have also gotten a confirmation e-mail about adding another e-mail to your account. If you haven't already added your own, you should do so. It helped me detect the breach in under 24 hours and helped me get my account back without MS support.

https://account.live.com/summarypage.aspx

That is where you can check a lot of your security for your windows live ID.

Additional Tip:

Make sure the password on the e-mail you list is different from your windows live ID password so they can't remove your e-mail. I was able to reset my password via my e-mail, remove the hacker e-mail, and change my password. They may have also changed my security question because when I called MS support the answer I gave didn't check out.

Edited by Shinobi273

I will get back to you how to tell, just hold on. Hopefully you only have one console.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile/Protection

I see:

Consoles that do not require your password for sign in

Visited Consoles Last Visited

Most Recent Console 1/18/2012

Consoles that require your password for sign in

Visited Consoles Last visited

Most Recent Console 1/12/2012

Hacked or no? I don't understand it :/

I see:

Most Recent Console 1/18/2012

Most Recent Console 1/12/2012

Hacked or no? I don't understand it :/

Use the other links I gave and change your password now.

I had an unauthorized console on the 12th as well before my profile was used on the 15th.

Unless someone has an explanation of something that happened on the 12th that caused console IDs to reset or something... it hasn't happened before for me.

Edited by Shinobi273

EA seems very hard to email or online chat with. I couldn't find an answer.

I am thinking of calling them back and telling them I'd like to not have my account investigated and that the 28 dollars taken is not worth the cost of being disabled from the media I use often. My auto renew for my gold membership expires on Jan 22. I don't know what I'll do.

EA customer support is a nightmare to deal with. After i couldn't get through to anyone via their online chat i resorted to the EA forums and the only answer i received there was from the mods directing me back to the online chat.

After that i contacted EA support Australia over the phone, cost me a small fortune in toll charges though but in the end i was told that my EA account was deactivated but they refused to delete it from their systems, ensuring me that a deactivation was enough.

I opted not to tell Microsoft and just accept what happened and try and do my best to avoid it happening again, not worth the loss of my account for a month.

EA lists my gamertag on my profile but I don't see where to take it off.

Since EA online become Origin there no longer seems to be an option to edit your gamertag. When i was on the phone to EA customer support, i asked if i could delete my gamertag via 'my profile' and was told the best option was to deactivate my current account and create a new one if my gamertag was invalid, mind you they didn't give any solid answers when i told them the reason i wanted it removed was because the account was hacked.

Edited by DEG23

This is for Shinobi273, I own two xbox`s and have never used my account on another xbox. I was on my main 360 last night (19th) and my 2nd 360 last Sunday (15th). I don`t really think I have been hacked because all my points are still there and my history looks fine.

Here is the info the 1st link gave me:

Most Recent Console 1/19/2012

can`t remember what it said but basically my 2nd console 1/15/2012

Most Recent Console 1/11/2012 - I have no idea what this would be!

Yeah, I don't know what that is. My GF has a gold live account with points as well and her account does not have any additional logins.

There isn't really any harm in changing your password and also checking your account security settings. Just make sure you write it down somewhere. I keep passwords in a box in my place and in my planer in case I lose one.

On this whole console thing that people are having trouble with, I think it is your normal console but it changes whenever you change your password, because mine said I had a different one on the 8th and I think even though the credit card is expired on my account you can still buy microsoft points with it and none were purchased.

On this whole console thing that people are having trouble with, I think it is your normal console but it changes whenever you change your password, because mine said I had a different one on the 8th and I think even though the credit card is expired on my account you can still buy microsoft points with it and none were purchased.

I didn't change my password before I got hacked. IDK about the CC thing, I was smart and never put it on there.

I didn't change my password before I got hacked. IDK about the CC thing, I was smart and never put it on there.
It is my dads and he did it so we can save money on the Family pack, and since I don't have to pay for my live I will not complain, though I do find it weird that we can still play since he had to cancel his credit card last summer when it was lost on vacation.

It is my dads and he did it so we can save money on the Family pack, and since I don't have to pay for my live I will not complain, though I do find it weird that we can still play since he had to cancel his credit card last summer when it was lost on vacation.

At some point, MS gets fed up with you not paying and cancells your gold status. My brother let his CC expire and he kept gold for a long time but never resubscribed after gold was revoked so idk if he just gets it free or they back-charge your next subscription.

At some point, MS gets fed up with you not paying and cancells your gold status. My brother let his CC expire and he kept gold for a long time but never resubscribed after gold was revoked so idk if he just gets it free or they back-charge your next subscription.
If it happens then it happens, I definitely do not want a CC on my account after all this crap, especially since it will be rather difficult for me to spot if my account has been hacked quickly since I already have 1000 on this game and don't often check my email.

Yeah, I don't know what that is. My GF has a gold live account with points as well and her account does not have any additional logins.

There isn't really any harm in changing your password and also checking your account security settings. Just make sure you write it down somewhere. I keep passwords in a box in my place and in my planer in case I lose one.

Ok well I refreshed it and changed it so I always need a password at sign in and it still shows 3 consoles but now it shows them all under the required sign in list.

Jan 20th

Jan 15th

Jan 11th

I last logged on last night (19th) but it must have something to do with the time difference. I really wish I knew why three dates are listed.

Knowing about the hacking done on this game, I'm amazed people still play it. It's like playing with a loaded gun.

I feel like picking it up and getting a head start on the achievements while there still obtainable.

First off, it sucks that all of you guys got hacked. If this happened to me, I would be furious. It would destroy my completion percentage with a game I have no desire to play. But I think I'm safe.

I joined Live as a "child" account, and I still am today. I don't particularly know why I did that (other than the fact that I wasn't actually 18), but I did. So that means I cannot purchase anything via xbox.com. I have to buy dlc and stuff on my console. My dad's credit card info is off my account now and I plan on using prepaid cards in the future.

I hope that actually is true, but from what I understand no one is necessarily safe. Scary stuff...

My Account was hacked on 12/30, 5000+ MP stolen, no other purchases. Having to wait 25+ days if not longer is ridiclious and the worst part. It shouldn't take this long to realize the same thing that is happening to everyone, refund the points, change the password/e-mail info, and unlock the account. I'm still without my account at day 21 now... BTW, add me to the list of people hacked: xTyDiRiUmx

Just thought i would add my story to the list. I was hacked on Christmas Eve (i knew i had been bad last year but i didn't think i deserved a FIFA hack for Christmas:p)

15 points added to my gamerscore for FIFA 12 and over 3000 points gone.

I was using a different email address for both my XBL and my EA account, different passwords also, but my gamertag was linked to my EA account.

After i discovered the hack i changed all passwords and even activated the xbox live pass code (not sure if this helps in anyway) i also contacted EA customer support and asked them to delete my EA account. I was told the account couldn't be deleted only deactivated.

Hope this helps anyone with questions and fingers crossed no one else here falls victim

Have you gotten your account back yet? How long did it take to get it back if so?

This happened to me as of recent as well. I was trying to sign into EA for the Battlefield 3 stuffs. Eventually I noticed on my phone widget that it said I was online playing Fifa 12. I was completely confused. I logged in and my 360 said I was last logged into another console. I checked my games and I did not have Fifa 12 on them, yet on my phone it said I have 15/1000. After a couple days of noticing this I was looking to spend some of my ms points on random Arcade games when I noticed I had lost all my points. This is when I checked my games played and Fifa 12 was there with a measely 15g. I then called microsoft and they told me my account would be under investigation up to 15 days and no be able to play during this time. My account was never shut down but they did send me 30 days free for a new account. After a week or so they sent me an email to change my password. They gave me a 1600 point code and a 30 day extended membership code. I'm definitely happy to have my account back but it is still a pain to have 15/1000. Now I will have to buck up and probably painfully rent and play this game. I just thought I should share my story as I was completely clueless before and during this process and I hope I helped. :)

This is unnaceptable from Ea. Ill share this shock story as well,

Yesterday 21-01-12 I got a msg off a friend saying his account got hacked and his entire 2.8 mil of coins stolen, I went to private chat and we were discussing how it could of happened, he said he was logged into n4s the run, and he was suddenly logged out, he kept gettin a msg saying he was already logged into another console, As we were chatting they hit him again and deleted all his online friends including me, They then stole his entire best team.

After some investigating work we found numerous accounts in the trade weekly top 100 for earning. accounts set up to do the stealing then they send all their money to 1 account, all the accounts had 5 gamerscore and were shutdown, it lead to the person currently 2nd in the trading weekly leaderboards as of now!( I cant name names for obvious reasons). weekly leaderboards reset after monday at 12a.m.

My friends account is now being looked into by microsoft but he has to now have his account frozen for a month.

This is getting too much, we have all the evidence but EA wont do a thing about it, while more and more ppl continue to be fleeced. I currently play a lot as i'm near the top of leaderboards but this incident has put me completely off. I very much doubt ill be getting the next fifa.

Got an idea how they operate now, once their in to your account they immediately load fifa up and if u have played it they'll steal your coins and players, those who havent got the game will have their microsoft points used to open gold pks. If u havent got any msp theyll then try to order some if u have a credit card logged.

I found over 10 accounts in the leaderboards yesterday all with random letters as their club name with ammounts totalling 14 million, 10 or so ppl were hacked yesterday including my friend. and thats just coins, god knows how many were fleeced msp! This is a big problem and I wont be surprised if it gets tabloid headlines soon.

By the way the 2nd time they hit him my m8 was on the online chat service with xbox and with me on private chat, he told her that they were in his account as they were speaking, her response was " oh my god, thats a serious breach of security". lol, he had his 1700 msp stolen as well the 2nd time.

Feel sorry for ppl who have no intention of playing the game, they cant get that gs removed once its there, again totally unnaceptable!!

Have you gotten your account back yet? How long did it take to get it back if so?

I got hacked and reported it to Microsoft monday and had my account back by Thursday along with codes for 1200 msp and 1 month of xbl and because my brother has fifa12 I've decided to play it for more achievements but ea needs to sort this crap out as it seems to be happening to alot more people now.