Challenge Mode

Ayx

So as with every fighting game out there lately, there's a Combo Challenge mode and for this game you must clear all 360 combo challenges in order to get the Combo Crazy! achievement.

For someone that has done King of Fighters, Super Street Fighter 4 & Marvel vs Capcom's trial achievements, I can say this one is going to be one of the harder/hardest ones for a fighting game so far. There's only one good thing out of this; Challenge #30 requires a specific requirement but the way you add hitstun in order for the moves to connect is entirely up to you. Hopefully we can figure out easier ways for the people to do these challenges, if we find any tips it's be good we can post them here.

So far I'm doing Aigis and she seems REALLY hard due to her mode changes, dash ins by holding a button requires a lot of muscle memory to get used to. I've never done Blazblue trials so it's harder for me to get used to this 'anime' fighting engine.

How's it going for you guys?

i have 389 out of 390 trials done. i got the game 4 days early. ill try my best to help yu guys even tho all i did was follow the demonstrations for the characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnsO06a_JZk

the only one im missing is kanjis #30 the demonstration is bugged from what i figure out the one more burst, to jump b, down b, then standing C. literally doesnt link. the standing c whiffs every time. if any one did kanjis #30 please let me know what im doing wrong or give me diffrent combo.

i have 389 out of 390 trials done. i got the game 4 days early. ill try my best to help yu guys even tho all i did was follow the demonstrations for the characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnsO06a_JZk

the only one im missing is kanjis #30 the demonstration is bugged from what i figure out the one more burst, to jump b, down b, then standing C. literally doesnt link. the standing c whiffs every time. if any one did kanjis #30 please let me know what im doing wrong or give me diffrent combo.

Even though the Demonstration shows you the straight way (and sometimes only alternative) these trials have SSFIV's system where you can alternate the combos in order to complete them as long as you follow the requirements in order.

Can you give us a list of what you thought was generally harder and who was generally easier?

For your #30 problem, have you tried doing Jump B at the last possible second you land? (Assuming the start up frames of course) so the down B should come out immediately in order to have enough Hit Stun for the Standing C. It's the only thing I can think of, also you can do Fatal Counters in order to add more hitstun if you know a way to do those easier.

Even though the Demonstration shows you the straight way (and sometimes only alternative) these trials have SSFIV's system where you can alternate the combos in order to complete them as long as you follow the requirements in order.

Can you give us a list of what you thought was generally harder and who was generally easier?

For your #30 problem, have you tried doing Jump B at the last possible second you land? (Assuming the start up frames of course) so the down B should come out immediately in order to have enough Hit Stun for the Standing C. It's the only thing I can think of, also you can do Fatal Counters in order to add more hitstun if you know a way to do those easier.

yea the easiest would probably be labrys,shadow labrys, akiko, and mitsuru. but all the mission #30 take some time and muscle memory.

yea i tested the only way to link down B to standing C is off a fatal counter but the demonstration doesn't do a fatal counter. i literally tried and tested everything delaying it, mashing , superjump canceling, its hilarious because if it wasn't for this bug on the demonstration i would say that kanjis mission #30 would be the easiest. i wish i knew a different combo that could net me 9k.

the problem is ive never seen anyone beat his mission #30

Edited by ninjaoffate

yea the easiest would probably be labrys,shadow labrys, akiko, and mitsuru. but all the mission #30 take some time and muscle memory.

yea i tested the only way to link down B to standing C is off a fatal counter but the demonstration doesn't do a fatal counter. i literally tried and tested everything delaying it, mashing , superjump canceling, its hilarious because if it wasn't for this bug on the demonstration i would say that kanjis mission #30 would be the easiest. i wish i knew a different combo that could net me 9k.

the problem is ive never seen anyone beat his mission #30

Yeah, I'm stuck on Labrys' #29 but only because the Crouch A doesn't launch him in the air like he should, instead it counts as another regular hit which doesn't trap him in the spikes long enough for the Brutal Impact. Pretty frustrating. ):

Considering it's been released for NA today, I guess you might have to wait a bit until someone figures out the engine in order to do the 9K combo. At least his is an amount of damage, not some specific moves like others have. Congrats on the close completion! Score attack is extremely difficult so far.

i am probably not going to do all of them, although i have done most of the blazblue trials (my favourite game), i won´t have the patience to do those. i am more of a online player and (because its arc system) story mode.

@ayx

mad respect for clearing the KOF trials.

Although I'm not a fan of Persona, not knowing the series and all, I think the story mode is really good and it's pretty much the closest we'll get to visual novels for NA 360's.

Blazblue's trials are pretty hard as well so I've heard, KoF's took me a week give or take of non-stop practicing. These look a bit more doable now that I'm getting better with the engine, still confused but KoF had me spinning for weeks with the HD Cancels.

i beat it .... all trials done. kanji is definitely hardest, three one frame links at the end back to back. now all fighting games out in america i beat all trials.kof,sf series,marvel series, blazblue,etc.:woop:

Oh man props! Did you edit the combo in any fashion or just straight up followed the Demo? One frames are the death of me, you can't turbo X due to Auto-Combo plus others with "Additional" in it. What would you rate the difficulty of the trials? 4 Days for Trials seems pretty okay for an advanced trial player.

Edited by Ayx

Yeah, I'm stuck on Labrys' #29 but only because the Crouch A doesn't launch him in the air like he should, instead it counts as another regular hit which doesn't trap him in the spikes long enough for the Brutal Impact. Pretty frustrating. ):

yea for that hold the a button to delay the spikes. what i did is my throw is on Lt, i held Lt then let go at the latest time which is after the cr.b. so down down x then let go of x and hold Lt that will let yu delay the spikes when yu let go. hope i helped a little im bad at explaining things. :( .............wow this is in the quote bubble lol im bad at this

Oh man props! Did you edit the combo in any fashion or just straight up followed the Demo? One frames are the death of me, you can't turbo X due to Auto-Combo plus others with "Additional" in it. What would you rate the difficulty of the trials? 4 Days for Trials seems pretty okay for an advanced trial player.

thanks ,yea i followed the demonstartion.... i would say a week or two the #30 are the hard ones but follow the dmonstartions and dont give up. some of them are really bad like yukiko's.

I'm at #30 with Labyrs & I'm not sure if I'm suppose to hold C down while the traps come out. They're indeed pretty tricky. ):

Been playing Online so much I've ignored these, should really get back in shape on this.

I'm at #30 with Labyrs & I'm not sure if I'm suppose to hold C down while the traps come out. They're indeed pretty tricky. ):

Been playing Online so much I've ignored these, should really get back in shape on this.

Yeah you need to hold down one of the Action buttons to delay her Persona move. Try re-mapping to RB. That worked for me. The Challenege Mode guide over at the sister site helps tremendously.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/persona-4-arena/166843-persona-4-arena-challenge-mode-guide-help-thread.html

The trials for this game aren't the most difficult ones ever, but they still take a degree of skill. KOF XIII is still the hardest. My personal hardest fighting game Trials:

1. KOF XIII

2. BlazBlu Continuum Shift

3. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

4. Street Fighter IV

5. Super Street Fighter IV AE

6. Street Fighter 3rd Strike OE

7. Mortal Kombat vs DCU

8. Marvel vs Capcom 3

9. Battle Fantasia(Combo achievements)

10. Street Fighter X Tekken

And if you're having trouble with #30 Notations then I suggest you convert it to 360 button format and then perform the combo through pure memorization. Example:

#30 Kanji

Down+:ybut: (Fully Charged), Down+:abut:, Standing.:ybut: , Down,Ford+:abut:

Down+:xbut:, Standing.:abut:, Down+:abut:, Standing.:ybut: , Down,Ford+:abut: to Down,Back+:abut: OMB

J.:abut:, Down+:abut:, Standing.:ybut: , Down,Ford+:abut: to Down,Back+:abut:

DF, DF +:xbut:, OMC (on second hit), DB,DB + :ybut:

Edited by FeLizP

• 8 months later...

Hey people :)

I dont know if im doing something wrong, but im stuck with Shadow Labrys 30th Challenge.

I've been watching some youtube videos and her Titanomachia move, i dont get it.

In the youtube videos her persona is under ground for a bit time and will give you time to do the first input.

BUT when im doing her Titanomachia move, her persona is immediately over at the AI.

The animation doesnt look like the same, im really lost, is there a trick so your persona can be slower or something?