Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' Guaranteed Orange weapon Achievment Guide

deathmule

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This method worked for me! I had 3/5 from previous playthroughs and used this to get my last 2. I used Purna and had level 3 lockpick and level 3 of the rare item chance perk. I dropped everything right off the bat and didn't touch ANYTHING other than the 2 red level 3 chests at mowen's boat (lab) and bunker 2. I never picked up any of the items in the chests until the orange weapon appeared. Maybe having items in your inventory/saved inventory with jin affects this. In any case, after going back and forth about 4 or 5 times, the orange weapon showed up. Then i deleted this save file and repeated the process. It worked the second time just like the first! Whole process took less than 30 minutes!

I'm glad to be done with this achievement, it was super frustrating. Good luck to all of those who still need this one. Thanks for the tip dude! :woop:

Would be nice to knwo where these red chests are...

I only see 1 red chest that is level 3 (and it isnt even that red) at mowens boat. And only 1 red chest that is level 3 in the bunker...

So where are these others ones you are talking about

Edit: Huh. Funny enough after 5 mins I got an orange weapon. Just between the two red chests...

I'll keep on going and update more on this.

Edit2: My next run took me about 8 mins and I got another orange weapon. Will post my exact method soon. Need one more orange weapon and I have a theory I want to test that allows you to keep picking up the same orange weapon.

Edit3: I fucked up the theory. Retesting it. But funny enough made a new character and first chest I checked, orange weapon.

Edit4: Theory does not work. Trying another theory.

Edit5: Still running back and fourth and no orange weapon. Been doing this about 15 mins now.... I only need one more orange weapon. I wouldve had one already..actually 2 except the theory that I tested made it so I didnt. My friend got them instead. Oh well! Hopefully this new theory will work when I find one...

Edited by Venomized

I meant a total of 2 red(ish) chests, 1 at mowen's boat (the one upstairs in the building) and 1 up the ladder in bunker 2. sorry for any confusion! I don't know if it works if you check the other chests because I didn't do it that way, but that's awesome if it does!

I meant a total of 2 red(ish) chests, 1 at mowen's boat (the one upstairs in the building) and 1 up the ladder in bunker 2. sorry for any confusion! I don't know if it works if you check the other chests because I didn't do it that way, but that's awesome if it does!

Thanks for making it clear! I am testing things out with this method and a certain method of my own atm.

I made a guide for the method.

Can be found by clicking HERE

or clicking the following URL

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=352867

Edited by Venomized

• 3 weeks later...

:whsCan confirm - Empty your inventory at the boat only open the Red box upstairs by the boat, then fast travel to the bunker and open only the red box up the stairs in bunker 2, do not remove anything!! After 5-8 goes you will get an orange weapon.

Massive thanks to whoever found this originally, there is no need to wait 5 hours!! One more playthrough tomorrow for the 1000g:)

• 4 weeks later...

As long as you are playing the game and looting a plenty, I don't think you will have any problem getting these 5 orange weapons.

My coop buddy and I started playing the game a week and a half ago. We are not even finished Act II yet and we both have finished this achievement... without even trying. Plus I am Purna and I am NOT using her Looting skill. We do both have our Lock Pick skill up to level 3 though.

We both were aghast at how quickly we got this considering everything we have read about methods to use, etc. to get these weapons.

My suggestion, just loot everything :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I'm still on my first playthrough and I have four weapons already. :p

Maybe this got patched since so many people were having problems?

Yeah, there was a patch but those who had already started playing the game (i.e. gamesave, earned achievements, etc) didn't seem to get any more orange weapons then before. So I think you'll be ok if you start post patch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you actually have to find the orange weapons inside chest? Or does anywhere in the game world count? The nun in the church gave me an orange weapon for clearing the graveyard and that counted, but I was rewarded with another one by someone later on, and that didn't. Also found one on a body in the prison, and that didn't count either. Only other time one counted was finding it in a chest.

Edited by UberPirateNinja

• 2 weeks later...
Do you actually have to find the orange weapons inside chest? Or does anywhere in the game world count? The nun in the church gave me an orange weapon for clearing the graveyard and that counted, but I was rewarded with another one by someone later on, and that didn't. Also found one on a body in the prison, and that didn't count either. Only other time one counted was finding it in a chest.

I am kind of wondering the same thing. I have 1/5 in progress. The one that counted was a orange shotgun I found in the hotel in act 1. The orange sledgehammer I got as quest reward for clearing the graveyard didnt count though...glitch?

Any orange weapon you get counts. If you received two then you should have two. It wouldn't surprise me if it did glitch on you because that game is full of them.

• 4 weeks later...
I wish I would've known this sooner lol...I had to play through the game twice.

People still experiencing this issue! You wouldn't believe how many said that it wasn't an issue or that they didn't face any problems finding them. What help is that to all of those that did find it seriously time consuming finding 5 orange weapons. Just makes you angry!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am kind of wondering the same thing. I have 1/5 in progress. The one that counted was a orange shotgun I found in the hotel in act 1. The orange sledgehammer I got as quest reward for clearing the graveyard didnt count though...glitch?

that hammer mother hellen gives you is a quest reward, im pretty sure it wouldnt count toward the "loot" 5 orange. however, if you find them in a chest or on a dead zombie, that adds to the counter. im pretty sure anyway, i dont think they would count that quest reward as loot.

People still experiencing this issue! You wouldn't believe how many said that it wasn't an issue or that they didn't face any problems finding them. What help is that to all of those that did find it seriously time consuming finding 5 orange weapons. Just makes you angry!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

lol i know right, i played DI probably 2 straight months with buddies exploring every nook and cranny of this game. i only JUST got the achievement after hopping back on the game this september, obviously due to that patch. i found my remaining 2 or 3 within that first playthru lol!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
guys just open containers and hope you get 1

Lol! Thing is that didn't help a lot of us. I was on about 15-20 hours after completion and even ended up completing with a second character trying to obtain this achievement but only had a total of 2 orange weapons. Along the way I opened every container I seen sometimes spending up to half an hour before clocking in just to make sure I opened everything. I spent a further 15-20 hours (making a total of 50-60 hours) before I obtained a third orange weapon at which point I admitted defeat. I than read about the exploit that made an orange weapon appear. After 16 hours or so I had the final two orange weapons.

It seams that a subsequent patch made the achievement a lot easier apart from those who already had started the game and already had a gamesave where it seemed to make no difference. Therefore, "just open containers and hope you get 1" won't help a lot of players.