Worst Multiplayer Ever!

I normally try to avoid ranting but having gone through numerous multiplayer games all across my Xbox 360 days, I have to conclude that the "Battlefield: Bad Company" has by far the worst multiplayer I've ever played, bar none! I've never, EVER, dealt with such fundamentally laggy gameplay, even taking into account it being an older game (Released 5 years ago) but this was just ridiculous.

I don't know what it is but despite over a year's worth of experience, I've never, EVER been able to get good at all and more and more often, it suffers from too much spawn-killing, where I've found myself just waiting to respawn occupying more time than when running around the map. That and too much flanking just did it all in for me.

I've removed BF:BC from my Xbox now and am just tired of rage-quitting but this multiplayer has become a near-brain damaging nightmare and no longer fun to play. The controls have got to be among the most awkward I've ever used and too many times, I've dumped entire magazines on the enemies but scored either just one kill or none at all.

This has happened so many times that I've literally pretty much hurled BF:BC into the trash.

This is a shame as I usually love playing older games just as much as the latest game but when it comes to my experiences between this and BF3, the contrasts couldn't be greater. That and that when playing the Non-American side, you can hear your factions' native languages, giving the game a more realistic feel.

I've gotten multiple positive K/D ratios on BF3's games but never on BF:BC and the game is littered with bullshit achievements that are just outrageously long, or require obscenely difficult awards to get and after so much horseshit of constant flank-deaths (Killed from behind) glitches, terrible lag, and an awkward engine, I've thrown in the towel, abandoned "Beans Bullets Bandages" and other MP achievements, "I am Bad Company!" is out of the question, and have taken a piss on this game. I'm now just mopping up all remaining single-player achievements and am cleansing myself of BF:BC. Somebody else can play this shit. I really tried to get a hang of this game but I just couldn't do it.

I've had my share really, really bad games on BF3, MoH, CoD, Ghost Recon, and even Crysis 2 and 3 but those games had their ups and their downs but "Battlefield:Bad Company" multiplayer is one 'downer' after another and simply impossible to play and the worst game mechanics I've ever dealt with.

As far as I'm concerned, EA can shut down the MP servers for this one because I'm done with it and have a good 825 out of 1000 with it and I can live with that. :mad:

Not sure what to say really. You're playing a game where the community consists of mainly veterans and people trying hard to get achievements, it's never been an easy game. I never had any real issues with it and found it to be refreshing. Maybe CoD is more for you?

Perhaps you're right. I've kind of flaked out on CoD and had it not been for the BS factor of getting flanked so much (Which makes it unplayable) and the unbelievable lag in the game, BF:BC would've been awesome.

I've really, really tried at this and despite going at it for almost a year, all of this BS of dumping whole magazines without getting any kills, constant flanking, grenade launchers behaving like fart cannons, and the horrendous lag, I stand by calling this the worst multiplayer in my book.

It's painful to say it because I otherwise enjoy playing older games, and really love how the non-USA factions speak in their native languages which makes the game feel more real. Perhaps I shall go back to this game but I stand by my earlier remark calling this what it is in my book.

No other game has made me rage quit so frequently. Neither "Ghost Recon: Future Soldier" nor the Crysis series, nor even "Call of Duty" caused me this much gamer grief like this so frequently. I've only broken a controller once in the past five years over anger and that one time was when I played THIS game's multiplayer.

I generally prefer the "Battlefield" and "Crysis" games over CoD myself but I've gotten numerous positive K/D results from those and even went 54/34 on BF3. Hell, I even played BF:BC and got a horrible 1/14 game and actually quit in disgust. Later on that same night, I put in BF3 and went 81/36 in that game. That speaks volumes between the two games.

I respect your opinon and it has some valid points behind it.

Too much flanking? Really? That's one of the key tactics to winning fps`. You would hate playing against me.

You can't compare game quality on your k/d either. Playing hard-core rush last night on bazaar (bf3) I managed to finish top with a 10/2 ratio, even though others had double my kills, because I played the objective and supported the team

I wouldn't suggest throwing in the towel. Just keep at it and try playing tactically. Maybe go in game chat and see if there are any "vets" to give you tips and coordinate assaults

I absolutely loved this game's multiplayer when I played it and it was truly a fun experience. My best advice is to use the UMP, make your way to a Gold Crate, lay down all of your C4, arm the crate, and find a hiding spot. Once you suspect an enemy is disarming it, detonate the C4 and you will get loads of points; even more if the Gold Crate is destroyed. Rinse and repeat with the other Gold Crates. Using this tactic I was MVP about 90% of the time.

Not sure what to say really. You're playing a game where the community consists of mainly veterans and people trying hard to get achievements, it's never been an easy game. I never had any real issues with it and found it to be refreshing. Maybe CoD is more for you?

This is true. I have people on my friend's list that still play this game back when I played in 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

I very rarely get any lag. I usually do quite well unless I'm up against a team of veterans, but I find they mainly play weekends. During the weekdays I can usually hold my own.

I personally love the MP for this game, and I'm 1800 kills away from 100%.

• 1 month later...

While I think most of your OP was written in a rage quit induced rant, I have to agree with some of it - to a point.

I agree the flanking is really annoying, but at the same time I can't get mad at it as flanking is a legitimate military tactic. Pisses me off, but it's totally normal so I try not to hate too much.

I do get the worst lag I have ever had on this game, but I am from Australia so I think that kind of factors into it. I'll unload half a clip from the M16 into a guy, he'll turn around and pop me in the face with a sniper. It's infuriating. My problem is going for the knife kills, where I knife someone and my screen shows I got them but somehow the lag made them get me instead.

The spawn killing is my main gripe. I have lost count of the time I have been alive for less than 10 seconds due to spawn killing campers. There seems to be no spawn protection to combat this, and I daresay there will be no patch now the game is so old

• 6 months later...