splinter cell difficulty achievement glitched?

I played through the entire game on splinter cell difficulty only continuing my progress. I never used chapter select.

When I completed the game I got the achievement for finishing the game but not for splinter cell difficulty. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way to get the achievement to pop without replaying the entire game?

I played through first on Cadet difficulty and got the Sam Fisher achievement for finishing the game. I then replayed the entire game on Splinter Cell difficulty starting with the first mission, called The Mark, and played through each level continuously. No Splinter Cell achievement for me.

Another thread mentions that you cannot use the Mission select, as I did, after you change difficulty levels. However, there are no options of going back to the first level. Using the continue option after the last level (the White House) just restarts that level. I see no other way of starting a new game, other than removing and reinstalling. I've already played through twice, and I'd hate to uninstall/reinstall and play through a third time for 30G. This game should have the ability to tell if you've completed every mission on Splinter Cell difficulty.

Edited by ishi da fishy

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...