Achievement Discussion

ShotyMcFat

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I don't really like about this list is been expected to play though on Co-Op. It's hard enough trying to schedule a time to play with any of my friends these days as it is, no way we're gonna find time to play though the entire game. Co-Op should always be optional, not mandatory.

You can always plug in a second controller if you have one.

Doing that also lets you just throw bodies at the enemies non-stop until you win. This is assuming there's no Gimmicky Space Mission Section™ like in Long Night of Solace.

Lone Wolf Legend

Complete the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty.

90 points

Bromageddon

Complete the Campaign co-operatively on Heroic or harder.

40 points

An interesting combination, probably 3 total playthroughs to get these two achievements plus all the collectables and mission-specific tasks. Overall I like it though, hopefully the Spartan Ops are not that hard. One question though, does this mean there are no skulls to find in the game and are just options (like in Reach) or is there just no achievement related to finding them? Edited by Der Fuhrer

Super pumped for these. While these are "easier" than most of the other Halo games - they're all attainable and don't require any boosting in MP (Wargames).

This is a big plus for me as I've collected ALL the Halo achievements in the franchise. I'm going to make a breakdown video of the achievements soon and will post it here.

Again no "make 5 supercombine / needler kills" achievements. 343 Ruined halo, you hear me, they fucking ruined it :(.

// Rage modus off.

Looks like a decent list. Nothing special, nothing impossible, probably completable in 15-25 hours. And then there is that stupid part they call multiplayer which will suck up your sociallife, (school)work and other things that aren't multiplayer related.

Whoever decided to put in Solo Legendary achievements should be taken to a dark room and beaten up with nunchucks.

"A Monument to All Your Sins" was bad enough, but this is getting ridiculous (unless there's an invincibility Skull or something).

I have no love whatsoever for achievements like those.

Whoever decided to put in Solo Legendary achievements should be taken to a dark room and beaten up with nunchucks.

"A Monument to All Your Sins" was bad enough, but this is getting ridiculous (unless there's an invincibility Skull or something).

I LOVED it in Reach. Speedrunning + tips made it pretty easy to do. LASO is an entirely different beast, however. I love the fact I will have to tackle Halo 4 on solo Legendary.

The real question for me is to do this on Normal/Heroic first to get throufgh the story or tackle it immediately, and stay away from online spoilers etc, via Legendary. Hmmmm...

I think I'm going to do something totally insane and do my first playthrough solo legendary.

not totally, i always do the campaign solo legendary before multiplayer:). also i think it will fit into the other modes more than before, if you look at how they made Halo4 it actually ties the gamemodes into eachother quite well. but i always enjoy beating the campaign first.

I have no love whatsoever for achievements like those.

i find them very satisfying, but its prolly a bias opinion considering i always beat the campaign on solo legendary regardless. with determination and patience i think any halo player can manage solo legendary, its just most people give up or cant be bothered.

No skull achievements? I hope they wotn do skulls like ODST and just al be unlocked by default. Skull hunting has always been one of the best parts of Halo.

agree, i enjoy finding the skulls and unlocking them like that. since there are no achievements, unfortunately im guessing they just give you the skulls:(

I LOVED it in Reach. Speedrunning + tips made it pretty easy to do. LASO is an entirely different beast, however. I love the fact I will have to tackle Halo 4 on solo Legendary.

The real question for me is to do this on Normal/Heroic first to get throufgh the story or tackle it immediately, and stay away from online spoilers etc, via Legendary. Hmmmm...

Agreed, I loved 'MFAYS" in Halo: Reach. It was a true achievement that set apart the boys from the men. You couldn't really boost that achievement, so people that have it could sit there and be proud of that accomplishment.

As for the overall, I've got to say I'm happy with the tasks at hand and I plan to have single-player related achievements done in 24 hours as is tradition, though a couple things I'm noticing have me disappointed.

1. Only 8 missions? My only hope is that they're really long missions because otherwise this is going to be a really short game. I'm pretty sure this Campaign would be about the length of ODST if that's the case.

2. Looking at all the secondary achievements for each level, it looks like there's still going to be a large amount of covenant interaction. Jacking wraiths, killing hunters and gravity hammer... I knew they would be in the levels to some degree, but the fact that 4 levels warranted covenant-related achievements suggests Forerunner involvement may not be as heavy as originally believed. Only 1 achievement even relates to the Forerunner.

Other than that, nothing too terrible to complain about. Hopefully Spartan-Ops isn't as repetitive as Firefight or beating a chapter solo on Legendary WILL be annoying. Looks like the rest of the S-OPs cheevos will be simple enough. Since they're released episodically, not a lot any of us can do to get them until they come out. We'll just have to focus on reaching that SR-20 rank and completing the 25 challenges in the meantime.

I think I'm going to do something totally insane and do my first playthrough solo legendary.

not totally, i always do the campaign solo legendary before multiplayer:).

I did Reach and CEA on Legendary Solo. Definitely planning on doing this one too. Frankly, I don't even like playing the campaign Co-Op, multiplayer's for shooting the other people not working with them. ;)

Agreed, I loved 'MFAYS" in Halo: Reach. It was a true achievement that set apart the boys from the men. You couldn't really boost that achievement, so people that have it could sit there and be proud of that accomplishment.

As for the overall, I've got to say I'm happy with the tasks at hand and I plan to have single-player related achievements done in 24 hours as is tradition, though a couple things I'm noticing have me disappointed.

1. Only 8 missions? My only hope is that they're really long missions because otherwise this is going to be a really short game. I'm pretty sure this Campaign would be about the length of ODST if that's the case.

2. Looking at all the secondary achievements for each level, it looks like there's still going to be a large amount of covenant interaction. Jacking wraiths, killing hunters and gravity hammer... I knew they would be in the levels to some degree, but the fact that 4 levels warranted covenant-related achievements suggests Forerunner involvement may not be as heavy as originally believed. Only 1 achievement even relates to the Forerunner.

Other than that, nothing too terrible to complain about. Hopefully Spartan-Ops isn't as repetitive as Firefight or beating a chapter solo on Legendary WILL be annoying. Looks like the rest of the S-OPs cheevos will be simple enough. Since they're released episodically, not a lot any of us can do to get them until they come out. We'll just have to focus on reaching that SR-20 rank and completing the 25 challenges in the meantime.

Agree with everything you said.

I definitely think I'm going to go for all the SP achievements within 24 hours. It's going to be crazy... I am beyond excited for this game, I'm just amped up beyond belief. Halo is the pinnacle of gaming for me and I cannot wait to play 4!

I did Reach and CEA on Legendary Solo. Definitely planning on doing this one too. Frankly, I don't even like playing the campaign Co-Op, multiplayer's for shooting the other people not working with them. ;)

lol! co-op is fun with friends i think, if they're randoms then no. usually i end up wanting to kill them:mad: lol. you did CEA on solo legendary? well played sir, i couldnt manage it. maybe someday i will try again.

good observations, 8 missions does seems a little short when you think about it. but lets hope they are longer :), i actually felt ODST campaign was kind of legnthy. but that might of just been my personal experience, because i spent a lot of time exploring.

i think the foreunner will still play a big role, from what ive heard / read its basically their planet that chief lands on? i tried not to get too much info on campaign in fear of spoilers.

Again no "make 5 supercombine / needler kills" achievements. 343 Ruined halo, you hear me, they fucking ruined it :(.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCplAPLFkoj4t5ohXL9_VM_l1YgwOqVeQvFb214_LWDH5GxmqM

. . . Uhh. . . 343 ruined Halo because they dont have a generic "Kill this many people with (insert Weapon)" Achievement? What?

lol! co-op is fun with friends i think, if they're randoms then no. usually i end up wanting to kill them:mad: lol. you did CEA on solo legendary? well played sir, i couldnt manage it. maybe someday i will try again.

Well, yes with friends it would be more fun. I don't have many friends who play the series though, and those that do aren't on at the same times usually. Definitely not enough to go through the entire campaign with.

As for CEA, I was mistaken actually, there was one level that I did with a second controller. Technically that's still solo, but it made the level much easier (for the cheevos.) Actually, there were a number of cheevos that required me replaying certain levels with a second controller, but only one that I only did the one time. There were a number of hair pulling moments on Legendary, and a few spots that I got stuck for an hour or so cause of bad loadouts and checkpoints at just the wrong time. But it's manageable. Honestly the hardest part cheevo wise was the damn warthog ride at the end.

I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

My two issues are:

1. Beating the game quickly that first night and experiencing the storyline.

2. Not spoiling any story stuff

If I do Normal or Heroic - we could miss out on a Legendary ending, people will be talking about it in MP so that would suck. And if I start it on Legendary, may not have enough time to beat the whole thing in a night... that being said, I'd love to try ;)

So I guess some forum nazi mod decided to remove my poll thread. I realize this thread is already here for "achievement discussion", but taking a poll to see what % of people here are disappointed by the lack of originality in the achievement list is a different thing if you ask me, and was fine in its own thread.

Ah well, wtf-ever. It seems the forums here on x360a are getting more over-moderated by the day.

On topic: This list is very unoriginal and disappoints me after how awesome the list for Halo CE:A was.

If I do Normal or Heroic - we could miss out on a Legendary ending, people will be talking about it in MP so that would suck. And if I start it on Legendary, may not have enough time to beat the whole thing in a night... that being said, I'd love to try ;)

thats one reason i typically beat the campaign before touching MP, always weary of spoilers. but also its just habbit now i suppose, when i first started halo i didnt even have XBL so campaign was everything:).

actually knew a kid in high school who beat H3 that night it came out, on solo legendary. none of us believed him until we saw it on his gamertag, i couldnt imagine running thru an entire campaign on solo legendary in one night. i will hop right into it, but that playthru will take me probably a couple days.