I'd like to delete my save file

Hey. I played, finished and got most of the achievements for this game while OFFLINE. Then I recovered my account on a different Xbox, moved on, got many other achievements from other games and was never able to get those Halo chievos on the online profile.

I thought, no biggie, I love this game, I'll play it again all over.

Here is the problem. I put the game on and it already knows that I have all the terminals, most skulls and all levels unlocked and finished on heroic. I go ahead and delete my save file (which had just been created BTW), go back to the game, and it still KNOWS. I figured it might be some online cloud thing, so I unplug the ethernet cord, delete my save again, and start the game again.

IT STILL KNOWS.

So I'm playing it again and have no problem getting all the level achievements plus the miscellaneous ones. But terminals are already unlocked and the skulls are not even showing up on the levels because I already have them (most of them).

I had to play coop with another profile to get skulls to show up (and some of them still dont). I went ahead and got the ones I was missing from my first playthrough and I got the achievement for getting all skulls, but I'm missing the one for getting half of the skulls. Also when I finished the first mission I got the achievement for completing the whole campaign, but am missing all the individual level achievements. So this is fucked up. Doing the coop thing seems a bit of a hassle. Anybody know how can I REALLY delete my save?

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right so you played Halo CE offline on a different xbox? So you didn't connect to live once?

Cos your post is rather confusing lol

As for the skulls and terminals thay are saved to Halo Waypoint not the main game!

So if you unlock them and then connect to live at some point while in Halo or Waypoint it will automatic upload you save states, NOT the save but just the stats like what you unlocked how many achievements you got etc.

Also I can't understand what you mean when you say that you had to play coop with a different profile to get the skulls? Why would you need to do this if you had already found most of them and there unlocked you can still find the missing ones from the main profile just fine.