How do I know which are strory mission??

Jamski

I know this is probably a dumb question, but it's doing my head in and I can't find the answer! Probably because it's so bloody obvious! And massive apologies if this is someone else already but I have searched, a lot!

How do I know which missions are story related? Someone told me not to do the Leister missions (apart from the first one) until you've finished the story so you have more money to put on the stock market, so these obviously aren't story missions.

So which ones are, how do I know? ARGH! Is it just the ones that are the letter of one of the 3 characters? So either the M, T or F? Only only 4 hours in so a lot more to go I know, but feel like maybe playing the story through first is the way to go? With a few random events, strangers & freaks and hobbies thrown in for good measure.

Any advise welcome.

Thanks,

James.

Yes. Story related missions are labeled with each characters first initial - M, F, T.

Strangers and Freaks are similar to Red Dead Redemption in they're Question Marks (?).

Brilliant, thank you. Yeah knew about the ? and the colour coding for the different people. So anyone else I come across that gives me missions, will have their own Initial on the map, but these can be done any time yeah?

Thanks very much, appreciate it. :)

Brilliant, thank you. Yeah knew about the ? and the colour coding for the different people. So anyone else I come across that gives me missions, will have their own Initial on the map, but these can be done any time yeah?

Thanks very much, appreciate it. :)

So long as they appear on the map, yes. You can complete them anytime they're available. You can also replay them in the start menu.

There are really only going to be 4 "Mission" types on the map which will be the T, F, M and ?. Once you start the ?, I believe it changes to the character icon.

From what I recall, the best ways to manipulate the stock market in your favor is through the Assassination missions for Franklin. I'm not entirely sure how it's done but it has to do with the companies/names involved and obviously how you play the market. I didn't do this though.

So long as they appear on the map, yes. You can complete them anytime they're available. You can also replay them in the start menu.

There are really only going to be 4 "Mission" types on the map which will be the T, F, M and ?. Once you start the ?, I believe it changes to the character icon.

From what I recall, the best ways to manipulate the stock market in your favor is through the Assassination missions for Franklin. I'm not entirely sure how it's done but it has to do with the companies/names involved and obviously how you play the market. I didn't do this though.

Cool. The ? you refer too, is that another person you are keeping secret or the freaks ones? Exciting!

One more quick question if I may.

I'm probably being impatient but when do I start making money? In only 10 missions in but so far none of them invoke me getting anything, and I've spent most of michaels money upgrading the car, which, looking back, may have been a mistake!

Do I just need to be patient and I'll start getting money in??!

Yes. Story related missions are labeled with each characters first initial - M, F, T.

Strangers and Freaks are similar to Red Dead Redemption in they're Question Marks (?).

Also, there are Heists labeled with an 'H' that can change color based on the character you are using because sometimes they can be triggered by more than one character.

One more quick question if I may.

I'm probably being impatient but when do I start making money? In only 10 missions in but so far none of them invoke me getting anything, and I've spent most of michaels money upgrading the car, which, looking back, may have been a mistake!

Do I just need to be patient and I'll start getting money in??!

While in previous GTA games, making money was easy simply by completing missions, the big bucks are more based around the Heists this time around. There are a couple missions that do pay off nicely but the ways to make anything close to Millions is playing the Stock Market right, Heists and the Kifflom mission for stealing the briefcase at the end of the string of missions.

Thanks everyone. Much clearer, I think!

Haven't had much time to play but everything apart from the L and a couple of ? have vanished??!!

Having a read it seems like this can happen and you just have to do other stuff until more if the story cones up? Right?

Thanks everyone. Much clearer, I think!

Haven't had much time to play but everything apart from the L and a couple of ? have vanished??!!

Having a read it seems like this can happen and you just have to do other stuff until more if the story cones up? Right?

It depends. If you aren't far into the story, then L may even be a story mission you are missing. But I would clear up all the ????s before seeing for sure.

Realised I was avoiding the L with Michael but it's Franklin who gets the assassination missions! Doh! The L isn't on Franklins map yet. So have now planned the heist and hopefully the story will continue! :)

Certain characters can only buy certain businesses as well while certain characters can only do certain side missions.

Examples:

Franklin - Assassinations for Lester

Michael - Kifflom (look for it in the game-phone)

Trevor - Rampages