Achievement Guide & Road Map

bs000

If you want to throw this link into the emblem achievement you can.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=390284

It's a written with pictures type of guide. This comes in handy for people who don't have fast internet or don't want to skip around a youtube video looking for one emblem. Not that the video ones are bad, but some people just can't do it based on their internet or if they are on mobile devices.

Sweet, I added it to the guide. Buuuut I just submitted the guide earlier today. As a moderator and a member of the guide team, you can slip the changes in there somehow, right? :p

Edited by Tyger7

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it odd that both guides don't state that some achievements are, in fact, missable to some extent. I guess with the addition of chapter select in most games nowadays that's why the achievements aren't being labelled as missable, but how do we really define missable? These chapters are VERY long and they are not split up what-so-ever. So missing an achievement is possible.

I go by the definition in the guide for guides.

The number of missable achievements obviously represents achievements that can be missed. However, when we say missed we mean that in the sense that there is something you can do in the game to miss this achievement to the point that you will have to start all over again to earn it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109782

There's nothing here that makes it so you have to start from the beginning of the game. At worst, you'll replay 30-60 minutes of a chapter. I also mention in the guide that while nothing is technically missable, there are some that will require you to replay small portions of the game

Gotcha. It just raises awareness when I see that an achievement is "missable" as to not waste 30-60 minutes. Usually I'll look at a roadmap before I start a game and only check if there are missables since I'd rather avoid reading the entire guide and spoiling the game. After playing every campaign, ready to mop up, it really hurts seeing that I have to replay an entire chapter for one achievement.

I guess there are some achievements that can be called semi-missable? I think adding a note about that would be fine, but, as you said, you did mention that.

I guess there are some achievements that can be called semi-missable? I think adding a note about that would be fine, but, as you said, you did mention that.

Wouldn't that pretty much apply to every single game? Very few games that you can just play through and get 1000 on your first try without knowing what the achievements are.

Wouldn't that pretty much apply to every single game? Very few games that you can just play through and get 1000 on your first try without knowing what the achievements are.

It wouldn't always apply to free roam/sandbox games. That being said, it's still hard to properly define "missable". We'll just go with X360A's definition then.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the good guide. I have a question.

I just completed Leon's campaign on normal, and

gonna play chris campaign mode now.

But i see i can turn on infinite ammo already in the

system settings after completing leon's campaign,

will this disable any score or achievements? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Using Chris's campaign to grind for skill points used to be the fastest and easiest way BEFORE they introduced sub-chapters.

Now it's way better to play Ada's Chapter 2.3 where you just have to kill 4 Whoppers and 7 Napads for a grand total of 24000 crates and special chest included in just 5 minutes. No dodging, no rocket launchers, no partner actions, no cut-scenes, no waiting for Pierce... and a good change of scenery :) You can every once in a while do it on No Hope using the Bow Gun for 48000 skill points. Since you have so many crates to break, you will regain everything by doing another 2 or 3 runs on Amateur, then switch back to another No Hope raid, etc.

Chris run : 18000 in 10 minutes.

Ada run : 24000 in 5 minutes. Getting all the crates, my record for this mission is 24250 points in 4:33.

@Lumabizz : no, it doesn't affect anything :)

Edited by Asturgis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...