Is Crysis 3 worth $40

schmageggey92

It's not worth that, the campaign is decent but downhill compared to Crysis 2 and only takes about 3 hours to complete on any difficulty. The multiplayer is decent but full of bugs, some of the achievements are also glitched. They did just bring out a patch, but didn't fix any of the important issues.

Youre going to get mixed reviews here on the forums about the game, especially its campaign. B A R 4 D and aspeedomodel being perfect examples. Your best bet is renting it or biting the bullet and buying it. If you buy, beat it and don't like the multiplayer, you can always get SOME of your money back by trading it into places.

x360a gave it an 80, which in my book puts me right on the tip of the fence between buying and renting. Because the multiplayer wasn't a fav of mine in Crysis 2, I think I'll find time to simply rent it...

Youre going to get mixed reviews here on the forums about the game, especially its campaign. B A R 4 D and aspeedomodel being perfect examples.

Just speaking from experience.

3hrs is bullshit, sure MAYBE if your 100% steath the entire game and dont seek any collectables but even that would be pushing it. My first play on normal took between 7-8hrs completing all optional objectives and actually trying to find the collectables. The game is pretty sweet and its worth that price.

You could fight every enemy with guns, do every secondary objective, collect all intel, die quite a few times on say.. veteran and it still wouldn't take 7 hours. I played through he game four times already and my play time is 12 hours something.

3hrs is bullshit, sure MAYBE if your 100% steath the entire game and dont seek any collectables but even that would be pushing it. My first play on normal took between 7-8hrs completing all optional objectives and actually trying to find the collectables. The game is pretty sweet and its worth that price.

Nah, not even 100% stealth. Collectibles aside, I finished it in 3.6 hours on SS and I didn't kill a single soul on Missions 3 or 7. For other missions, I just ran through sections with Armor activated and I did just fine. I died maybe like a total of 5 times on my SS run. 3/5 in Mission 1 lol.

OT: I think it's worth $40 for sure! I liked the Campaign a lot.

Guys not for nothing but if your saying your literally running through levels fully armored or cloaked, and disregarding most confrontations no shit the campaign is 4 hours long. I'm not saying it wasn't short I ran through on Vet and kept an eye open for intel not going out of my way but also enjoying the games atmosphere and taking out the enemies and I got about 6-7 hrs out of the SP. I do wish it was as long as 2 but oh well thems are the breaks.

OP also disregard the SS glitch it's only effecting a small amount of users, plus if the game is so short why not clear your save and just run through it for SS? sounds easy to me..

You all seem to be implying that running through firefights or stealthing through them is the incorrect way to play. It's not. Crysis games are designed, FUNDAMENTALLY, to allow you to tackle the situation in any way you want. If you like to kill every enemy then you can, but you don't have to. That's the beauty of it.

Don't get ants in your pants simply because your way is longer.

You all seem to be implying that running through firefights or stealthing through them is the incorrect way to play. It's not. Crysis games are designed, FUNDAMENTALLY, to allow you to tackle the situation in any way you want. If you like to kill every enemy then you can, but you don't have to. That's the beauty of it.

Well said Snowed.

Chach was the only one saying anything about that lol, but I agree completely.

I have no idea how and when to use the magic powershttp://www.web-music.info/18.jpg

Powers...? Like Cloak and Armor? Cloak is the :rbbut: and Armor is the :lbbut:.

You could fight every enemy with guns, do every secondary objective, collect all intel, die quite a few times on say.. veteran and it still wouldn't take 7 hours. I played through he game four times already and my play time is 12 hours something.

I remember you telling me it was short. I'll still rent it though just because I really liked Crysis 2.

I remember you telling me it was short. I'll still rent it though just because I really liked Crysis 2.

Nah this is definitely worth playing especially if you did enjoy Crysis 2, just saying this isn't worth £30-40 for the hours you get out of it, so rent is definitely best option even if you want to 1000 it.

I wasn't trying to say there was a right or wrong way to play, it just sounded like a few people on here were saying how easy it was to just cloak 'n crawl through the game. Making play time very short and not worth $40, Which is fine but your also inherently avoiding confrontation making the game much shorter. To each their own and I do agree it was sadly shorter than crysis 2 but what the game did, it did well.