From C to Shining C - My Journey lol

JCDRANZER

I've got SSF4AE 2012 for both 360 and PC but I'm currently working on the PC version at the moment, I currently have 960 gamerscore on it and I don't think I'll be able to do all the trials for the current time being. So my goal is to get 1010/1160 for the game.

Ibuki was the first character I got to a C rank and she's currently a C+ rank. I'm pretty sure all my fights have been legit, I can't say the same for the 360 version though because I had that version of the game far longer back when I was just straight up bad at the game. I got the PC version like November or December last year during one of the Steam sales.

The characters so far that I have attained a C-rank for are:-

Juri, Zangief, T-Hawk, Adon, Cody, Ibuki, Fei Long, Cammy, Gouken, Sakura, Dan, Ryu, Ken, E.Honda, Hakkan, Abel, Chun-Li, Sagat and Dudley.

UPDATE (Newly C-ranked characters):- El Fuerete, Rufus, Dhalsim, Makoto and Gen.

So I've been working on this achievement for about a month I would say and it is genuinely hard when there are not that many "crappy" players online.

I genuinely struggle with charge characters so I see Dee Jay, Guile, Balrog, Blanka, Bison and Vega being quite hard in getting to C-ranks. I can do almost all the charging moves, it's just most battles in online, I find it hard to pull off, it's not as smooth as doing QCs, HCs or FCs.

Seth and Akuma have incredibly low health, so I don't really use them online at the moment because I'm not completely confident with them yet.

I'm currently working on El Fuerte and Dhalsim, I've got 19 characters to C-rank without having to boost and I really want to get this achievement legit because I know when the achievement pops, it will be that much sweeter.:woop:

Edited by JCDRANZER

I applaud your efforts,

I too have decided to take the journey, I use to own this game quite a few years ago but got rid of it due to the pain it caused me, as I quite rightly sucked ass at it. My current win ratio is around 30% told you I sucked ass, but I just love a bit of Street Fighter just wish I was good at it.

(well to be fair its not that I'm awful I just tend to be very unlucky and get beat by terrible players whilst also getting beat against the good players)

Anyways I recently repurchased this game when it was on GoD deal and got it super cheap, all my previous data had disappeared just a had no option but to start from scratch.

My current roster of C fighters are Ryu, Ken, E.Honda, Ibuki, Blanka, Cammy, Sagat, Bison. I'm slowly working my way through Sakura, Balrog Gouken and Chun Li, I've started to really like playing with Balrog I think its because I've been beated by him a lot and could never get the swing of him but through patience I've started like the simplicity of his fighting skills.

I totally understand what your going through, and also feel that if a achievements not earned legit what's the point of earning the achievement, its called and achievement for a reason.

Thank you BlackEyedAngel. I think boosting should be done only if you really want the achievement and that it's really out of your reach to get or it's just a really awkward one to get. For this achievement it's get 17 to 20 wins with each character online essentially, which I think is within reach of most people....boosting this achievement would be downright boring.

Wow, you got Bison, E.Honda and Blanka to a C. E.Honda wasn't too bad for me to get to a C as I used a lot of command grab, pokes and Ultra 2 in my play-style with only a few headbutts here and there. Blanka I have used like once or twice online and I remember being destroyed very easily but I would like to get back to him.

I have started to use Bison and I really like him, I actually do employ his "charge moves" in the game like his scissor kicks and psycho crusher, but I rarely use his head-stomp attack. I also love that dashing sweep he does, VEGA does the same and a few other characters to, it's funny when using it against C, C+, B ranks players they got knocked down by it and you can repeat 2 or 3 times before they actually start blocking it, if they block it, you can just normal grab them afterwards, it's a cheap way to get essentially free achievement but doesn't work on everyone and you can be punished heavily for it by the combo-crazy player.

My only problem with Bison might actually have to do with my version of the game on PC. I can EASILY do Bison's Ultra 2 in trials but when I go online, his ultra 2 just doesn't come out despite me using the exact inputs, a lot of characters use the same inputs for their ultras and they come out fine but as far as I know, Bison's Ultra 2 is the only one doesn't come out online. I bought the game during a steam sale last year, so it's a digital download. Hence, I use his Ultra 1 and I've only landed it twice because most people block it for me as I use it when there's some distance between me and the opponent. I've lost a few games when I couldn't pull it off and when I had the life lead, which adds to insult.

Yeah, Balrog is fun to use, his charge attacks are great, unfortunately for me, his don't come out often when I do them. I use his Ultra 2 because it's easier for me to pull off but it doesn't do much damage but does a lot of stun but it's sort of pointless depending on how you play as him. If you hold down All Punch or All Kick, you charge this move called "Turn Punch" and it's a really good move because it can do a lot of damage if you charge it long enough.

I recently googled this achievement and I saw a lot of threads in various thread about people questioning whether to get the achievement legit or boost it. There were a lot of people saying you should boost it because the achievement is not worth it.

I beg to differ on that, I use to hate the game but I genuinely love this game now and probably one of my favourite fighting games on the current generation. :woop: Also, this achievement helps me to learn all the characters with the added incentive of the 50G at the end of the road as well as allowing me to play better against friends when we select "random" at the character select.

I'm currently only going for the PC version at the moment but I will be going for the 360 version in the summer.

Also, I wanted to update, I brought my C-rank roster to 24 now with El Fuerete, Dhalsim, Makoto, Rufus and Gen. I'm currently working on Bison, Balrog, Guy and Akuma.

Also, I got T-Hawk to B-rank, I'm top 100 in Europe with him on the PC version, I wonder how far I can get with him on the 360 version.

Edited by JCDRANZER

I got Balrog to C-rank earlier quite easily to be the honest, his stamina is higher than average, which helped out in some of my matches.

Currently doing Blanka, I've got 731BP with him at the moment.

I'm also working with:-

Bison - 500BP

Dee Jay - 550BP

Vega - 317BP

Guile - 100BP

EDIT:- Just got Blanka to C-rank with 1017BP. Only 9 more characters to go.

Edited by JCDRANZER

Yesterday, I got the achievement, I had only 2 characters left and they were Rose and Seth. Seth was sort of difficult and I lost quite cheaply a few times because of my lack of defense at times lol, he's health is soooo low.

For me, Vega was the hardest character to get to C-rank because I was trying so hard to use his "special" charge attack moves and not playing with just his normals.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay congrats bet that felt good when it popped.

I've not played for awhile i've been playing Ultimate Marvel V Capcom as I was getting very frustrated with SF just get tired of getting bear by people spamming the same move over and over. I need to jump back in at some point

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...