Freekicks

MattK90

Any idea if free-kicks in Be a Legend mode count?

I have scored 3 in BAL mode and one in Master League so far meaning I only need one more!

I can get fouls easy enough on Amateur but I am going to see if it's easier on the harder settings. On the demo I was fouled all the time when I had Messi and pressed RB to sprint while changing direction.

A tip to be fouled - Hold RT while outside the area - Right Trigger makes you're player slowly run with the ball but if you can do it and then move at a 90 degree angle in another direction (when defenders are close), you can draw fouls.

This is starting to piss me off now. I've played like 10 games and not one freekick! I've tried pressing this and tapping that and it all doesn't work!! Any more ideas?

EDIT Shilbo your a genius. If i'd have read your post properly I might have got it first time haha!!

Edited by MattK90

To get free-kicks is hard but this is how I got the achievement.

I played on Amateur, on beginner they wont even tackle you so getting a free-kick is pretty much impossible on beginner.

Use Barca. Get the ball and go to outside the box. I pressed RT not RB. RT makes you run very slowly. What you need to do is zigzag with the ball while holding RT, it doesnt work all the time but it was how I managed to get free-kicks as they will eventually trip you up. You don't have to zig-zag but just change direction.

As for scoring them. I would use Messi or David Villa depending on which side of the area it was. And then press down (to take power off the shot) and left or right for curl. I practice free-kicks in training mode to get a feel for them when I first get the game so I would do that just to get used to them.

• 2 months later...
Do the freekicks have to be "clean" freekicks? (i.e they do not touch wall, keeper or frame of goal)

no, I just got the achievement to pop and the 'keeper got his hand to at least 3 of my free kicks...I just don't think deflections off defenders count towards the achievement though

• 7 months later...