Any way to reset perks?

GR Fenrir

I spent a lot of perk points during the early levels on a lot of stupid stuff, thinking there would be an abundance of perk points anyway. Well, turns out I was wrong, and now I kinda regret my decisions. I'm guessing there isn't a way to reset the perks, but it never hurts to ask. :)

I spent a lot of perk points during the early levels on a lot of stupid stuff, thinking there would be an abundance of perk points anyway. Well, turns out I was wrong, and now I kinda regret my decisions. I'm guessing there isn't a way to reset the perks, but it never hurts to ask. :)

Would to know this too.

Yeah, having the option to use console would be nice. With the chatpads etc it would add another layer of choice to the game. I mean, it is already in the game for the PC version, why not put it in the console version?

On PC the people expect that there is a console but Xbox or PS it is uncommon.

They just should have a quest for it or a Daedra shrine.

May I ask what perks you find useless now? I am curently an orc and planning on geting all the perks in heavy armour and some in smithing and alot in 2 hand..

Actually, all the perks in smithing and heavy armor are usefull and you need to skill them all. About 2h weapons, I don't know. Enchanting is also very important. You can enchant an item two times with the skill of 100, so you have at least to max out the first perk and work your way towards the last perk.

i wouldn't say there is really any useless perks, its all relative to the character you're playing & your play style. i know what you're saying though, that you may want to change it up later. best bet is to maybe spread the perks out and not sink them into every perk for each category.

May I ask what perks you find useless now? I am curently an orc and planning on geting all the perks in heavy armour and some in smithing and alot in 2 hand..

Would depend on how you play mostly. I personally find 2-handed pointless. I prefer single handed weapons so I can have a spell ready in the other. I also don't tend to steal so lockpicking and pickpocketing are mostly pointless for me, while they're fairly high priority for a friend of mine who likes playing a thief. Maybe would like lockpicking better if more chests and such in dungeons were locked, but so far most are open and ready for the taking.

I know what you're asking but I guess it depends on your style of play. Right now I'm almost level 37 and I would say that for the first 25 levels all i did was focus on one handed and heavy armour. Now I've switched to working with Archery, Sneak and Lock-picking.

I'm pretty frustrated about this -- it makes me want to start a new character. The reason I'm angry is partially due to the worthlessness of the light armor skill tree. I have 100 smithing. I focused on light armor perks. Upon getting to 100, I unlocked dragon. Dragon does not have any weapons. Glass weapons, the highest I can make, are horrible in comparison to Daedra weapons. I am not able to spend one extra perk point for daedra and instead must go through the heavy armor tree if I desire to get daedra weapons, potentially the best in the game if I use alchemy, smithing, and enchanting potions correctly.

As I got smithing to 100 about a day after the game came out, it was impossible for me to know that going the light armor route was pointless and that dragon had no weapons and also that dragon could craft both light and heavy armor sets. If I want to get close to being able to make the best weapons in the game, I have to sacrifice 4 perks that could be used elsewhere and my entire plan is thrown off. One perk I could have handled. Either dragon needs to be able to make weapons, glass weapon damage should be comparable to daedra weapon damage, or we need to be given one respec for perks. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The only thing keeping me from respeccing now is that I'm level 40, have finished almost all guild related quests, and put in at least 24 hours of play time, if not more, on this character. I just feel like that was all for nothing, as smithing 100 was one of the first things I did once I had the money for it.

I am not able to spend one extra perk point for daedra and instead must go through the heavy armor tree if I desire to get daedra weapons, potentially the best in the game if I use alchemy, smithing, and enchanting potions correctly.

As I got smithing to 100 about a day after the game came out, it was impossible for me to know that going the light armor route was pointless and that dragon had no weapons and also that dragon could craft both light and heavy armor sets. If I want to get close to being able to make the best weapons in the game, I have to sacrifice 4 perks that could be used elsewhere and my entire plan is thrown off. One perk I could have handled. Either dragon needs to be able to make weapons, glass weapon damage should be comparable to daedra weapon damage, or we need to be given one respec for perks. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The only thing keeping me from respeccing now is that I'm level 40, have finished almost all guild related quests, and put in at least 24 hours of play time, if not more, on this character. I just feel like that was all for nothing, as smithing 100 was one of the first things I did once I had the money for it.

Really? :mad: I went up the left side as well and was hoping to hit Dragon and then over to Daedra for the weapons, as I had read elsewhere Dragon didn't offer it. That royally sucks though.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...