Deal of the Week thread-Improved 360 edition!

Dustinator

I think that most of the games I bought in sales at christmas have had their dlc go on offer now that the castelvania dlc is on sale next week so I'll pick that up. Might get the baconing as well as Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone, so I'm happy with these sales.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see two weeks worth of repeat deals again.... :p

Konami sale is pretty good though. Would definitely recommend SOTN to anyone who is crazy enough to have not picked it up yet.

Will definitely get Zombie Apocalypse 2. The voice-work is downright irritating, but any co-op game is worth a shot at 400MSP! ;)

Looking into Battle LA as I can't remember what it is. :eek:

Whew, OP has been updated with the next two Deals of the Week, Konami sale and the March price drops. Still waiting to see what the Xbox Reward is for the month of March. Here's the price drops....

March price drops -

XBLA games

Hydrophobia - 400 MSP / 50% drop in price

Games on Demand

Bulletstorm - 1600 MSP / 33% drop in price

Crysis 2 - 3200 MSP / 17% drop in price

Red Faction Armageddon - 2400 MSP / 25% drop in price

Shadows of the Damned - 2400 MSP / 25% drop in price

I'm just waiting for the Force Unleashed missions (Tatooine and Jedi Temple) to go onsale. Also the Enslaved DLC.

I believe those two have been on sale before. Years ago however. I suggest you grab the Force Unleashed Sith Edition which has all the dlc and the Hoth Mission. Though the Hoth mission has no achievements, it's still fun to play. Better than the whole story of Force Unleashed II imo ......still waiting for the Enslaved dlc to go on sale and I don't expect it to anytime soon. Almost thinking of caving and getting it. 800 msp is steep though.....

That sucks no ME dlc =(

Whats good to get on that list? i already have the borderlands stuff and Castlevania SOTN, was thinking of getting the baconing but not sure about everything else.

Eh, I doubt they'd put up ME2 dlc the day ME3 comes out. They discounted some packs months ago which would be ample enough time to warm up for ME3.....Don't know about A LOT of these Konami games. I gotta download trials when I get home so I'm prepared for the Konami sale next week

Edited by Dustinator

I always recommend Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, hell I beat it twice over (one time was in Japanese!) and still love the game. Wish it had more releases via Xbox...like a German version, a PC version...anything to stack it more. Worth getting, no doubt for anyone.

I believe those two have been on sale before. Years ago however. I suggest you grab the Force Unleashed Sith Edition which has all the dlc and the Hoth Mission. Though the Hoth mission has no achievements, it's still fun to play. Better than the whole story of Force Unleashed II imo ......still waiting for the Enslaved dlc to go on sale and I don't expect it to anytime soon. Almost thinking of caving and getting it. 800 msp is steep though.....

The ultimate sith edition is like 180 dollars... unless you can still get the DLC with a used version, but then its still 34 dollars :p So if you already have the game I think its cheaper to just buy the DLC (Although I dont remember the pprice for them :/ )

EDIT: any guesses on when Black Ops DLC might be on sale? I just don't want to pay 15 bucks for the last one i need to complete the game :p I was hoping it be around release of MW3 but they had MW2 in the christmas thing IIRC :(

Edited by dragonpwnr99

The ultimate sith edition is like 180 dollars... unless you can still get the DLC with a used version, but then its still 34 dollars :p So if you already have the game I think its cheaper to just buy the DLC (Although I dont remember the pprice for them :/ )

EDIT: any guesses on when Black Ops DLC might be on sale? I just don't want to pay 15 bucks for the last one i need to complete the game :p I was hoping it be around release of MW3 but they had MW2 in the christmas thing IIRC :(

Not sure about in the US but in the EU the Ultimate Sith Edition recently got another print run so quite a lot of places are stocking it for between £15-£20.

On topic: Wasn't X-Men Arcade 200MSP previously?

I'll probably get:

Zombie Apocalypse / Battle: Los Angeles / Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone

Are these any good:

BurgerTime HD / Puddle / Leedmees?

any guesses on when Black Ops DLC might be on sale? I just don't want to pay 15 bucks for the last one i need to complete the game I was hoping it be around release of MW3 but they had MW2 in the christmas thing IIRC

I was hoping Blops dlc would go on sale during the holidays but I guess Activision has no reason to discount the packs if they’re still selling like hotcakes. It’s a business so I understand. However, I do believe they’ll go on sale. Maybe this year……sometime?

On topic: Wasn't X-Men Arcade 200MSP previously?

I'll probably get:

Zombie Apocalypse / Battle: Los Angeles / Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone

Are these any good:

X-Men arcade has been 400 msp before and it was 200 msp once. During one of the 12 days of discounts. Doubt it’ll ever go that low again….Thinking of getting Battle: LA since I only remember playing that game, but the others I don’t even remember. I just got Mass Effect 3 last night, so that’ll keep me preoccupied the rest of the week. Also, Ilomilo is the Family Gold Deal of the Week for March. OP has been updated

March 6 – March 12 “Family Gold Deal of the Month”

Arcade game

ilomilo - 400 MSP (50% off)

Are these any good:

Burgertime: Not really that good. If you loved the original you might get a kick out of it, but apart from (supposedly) fancy graphics, it's still pretty much the same game.

Puddle: It's ok. I got a bit impatient with the trial though and ended up going back to dash before even finishing the demo. If you've ever played Loco Roco it's pretty much that minus the cutesy charm and catchy music.

Leedmees: Yes this good! Obviously you need Kinect, but IMO it's one of the most interesting uses of Kinect yet. It's kind of like Lemmings but using your own body to guide the little guys to the exit. It's pretty cool! I would say get this one! ;)

Actually, I checked and already have the Jedi Temple DLC (as well as the game), so I just need the Tatooine one. I've looked into getting the Sith Edition, but since Hoth doesn't have achievements and I already have a copy of the game and one DLC, I can't justify the price, especially for only 30-60 minutes worth of playtime. Sucks.

I think the Enslaved DLC went on sale once a long time ago, but since I didn't have the game at that time, I had no interest in getting the DLC. And again, $10 for 2 hours of playtime... can't justify that price.

Actually, I checked and already have the Jedi Temple DLC (as well as the game), so I just need the Tatooine one. I've looked into getting the Sith Edition, but since Hoth doesn't have achievements and I already have a copy of the game and one DLC, I can't justify the price, especially for only 30-60 minutes worth of playtime. Sucks.

I think the Enslaved DLC went on sale once a long time ago, but since I didn't have the game at that time, I had no interest in getting the DLC. And again, $10 for 2 hours of playtime... can't justify that price.

Stinks about the Force Unleashed situation, but I understand.....the dlc for Enslaved, "Pigy's Perfect Ten," has never been discounted below 800 points. I've had my eye on that every since it was released, but it's never dropped under 800. As soon as it does, I'm all over it. And I'll be posting about it here :)

Hmm any idea what recently reduced for march will be? On the dash there is an image of Starkiller from Force unleashed but it won't load the page, so if were lucking they might reduce the Force unleashed DLC :p.... I can hope can't I?

Below are the recent price drops for the month of March. I don't believe Force Unleashed 2 dlc nor the Games on Demand download will be dropping. Well, maybe the GoD title dropped last month. Can't remember, but I'll check my dash tonight when I get home

March price drops -

XBLA games

Hydrophobia - 400 MSP / 50% drop in price

Games on Demand

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 2400 MSP / 25% drop in price

Bulletstorm - 1600 MSP / 33% drop in price

Crysis 2 - 3200 MSP / 17% drop in price

Red Faction Armageddon - 2400 MSP / 25% drop in price

Shadows of the Damned - 2400 MSP / 25% drop in price

I've been holding out on buying the FU II's dlc since it costs so much. I can't afford it right now and I need to save up for a few months before I can even think about buying it.......

Below are the recent price drops for the month of March. I don't believe Force Unleashed 2 dlc nor the Games on Demand download will be dropping. Well, maybe the GoD title dropped last month. Can't remember, but I'll check my dash tonight when I get home

I've been holding out on buying the FU II's dlc since it costs so much. I can't afford it right now and I need to save up for a few months before I can even think about buying it.......

Isn't the FU II's DLC the Endor DLC, which costs a buck?

Isn't the FU II's DLC the Endor DLC, which costs a buck?

Yep, FU 2's Endor and costume pack DLC's are both only 80 MSP'e each. Anyone waiting for those to lower is the cheapest of the cheap, lol.

I'd assume that the poster above meant FU (1)'s DLC :D

Yeah, I was just joking. The FU 2's dlc was only 80 points and it was a good piece of dlc for that price. To me that dlc was better than the whole story of FU2

Anyway, OP has been updated to reflect this week's Deal of the Week and the Konami sale

March 13 – March 19 “Hack n’ Slash”

Arcade games

Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale - 600 MSP (50% off)

The Baconing - 600 MSP (50% off)

Torchlight - 600 MSP (50% off)

Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team - 400 MSP (50% off)

Konami 50% off sale - March 13 - 19

Arcade games

X-Men - 400 MSP (50% off)

Castlevania HOD - 600 MSP (50% off)

Zombie Apocalypse - 400 MSP (50% off)

Castlevania SON - 400 MSP (50% off)

Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone - 400 MSP (50% off)

Hard Corps: Uprising - 600 MSP (50% off)

BurgerTime HD - 400 MSP (50% off)

Puddle - 400 MSP (50% off)

Leedmees - 400 MSP (50% off)

Castlevania Lord of Shadow: Reverie - 400 MSP (50% off) additional 150 gamerscore attainable

Castlevania Lord of Shadow: Resurrection - 400 MSP (50% off) additional 120 gamerscore attainable

ok guys. Torchlight is amazing. I powered through the story today (didn't bother with side quests cos they don't give achievements) and there's only 2 things I didn't like - the last dungeon being stupidly overpopulated with mobs. It's still easily doable, but if you don't want to die more than just a few times I'd suggest keeping the difficulty level on normal or easy, unless you're an expert at top-down dungeon games. The other thing I didn't like was the absolute last boss being a total ass, however he's not necessary for full achievement completion. I kind of gathered he's a bonus boss for bragging rights because of how hard he is. (hurrhurr)

Yeah torcjlight is great, I bought it for 1200 when it came out cause my dad and brother loved it on PC, it's a steal for 600! I highly suggest it, its a pretty easy 200 also :D

And just looked and FUI was reduced last month... I feel kinda dumb now :p

EDIT: Hmm, just noticed the first mappack for CoD: Blops is 25% off on the dashboard, 900MSP. Not part of the deal of the week it's being advertised under the Home page.

Edited by dragonpwnr99

EDIT: Hmm, just noticed the first mappack for CoD: Blops is 25% off on the dashboard, 900MSP. Not part of the deal of the week it's being advertised under the Home page.

Weird, it was 600 a few days ago.

Microsoft is targeting specific people for this deal since the deal can be either 25% or 33% off. Don't know how they're going about choosing the specific people for the higher discounts, but this Blops deal is something unique and different than what MS usually does. Don't even know how long it'll last