Is this game worth it?

SoleAssassin

Its difficult until you learn how to play, I hated it at first but after learning how to play I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The story is a bit lacking... each Samurai has his/her own journey to go through but they all pretty much are the same thing...story mode is also pretty short.

The challenges are fun, its tough to get gold in any of those, and the online is different then you would think... You use a character you developed through the singleplayer to use in MP...but the fights are entirely AI controlled..you dont actually play.

Overall I think the game is great and worth buying if you find it for 20 dollars or cheaper

yes its quite annoying the first 30-60 mins, i was killed the first 5-6 times or so by the 1. boss without getting a hit on him lol. After the 6 wipes i was nearly to stop playing but i hold on and finally understand how the game works.(the manual is your friend because theres NO Tutorial!)

As the poster above i recommend it when you love samurai/sword games, its not mainstream so the community is small and the group that actually plays it are even smaller.

Buy it at amazon.co.uk or so maybe you get it preowned and very cheap (i payd 10 pounds^^)

greets

• 1 month later...
I'm probably gonna keep it since I'm a fan of samurai shit (bought it at GameStop for 15 bucks). I read Miyamoto's "5 Rings" book and enjoyed it, so I'm a fan boy of him.

Was/is this game rare in the US?

If you are indeed a fan of "samurai shit" (as you so eloquently put), this game will be a huge disappointment. But as a straight-forward fighting game its pretty decent. I would pay more than 15 bucks for it though.

• 3 weeks later...

I also bought that a while ago and i'm very satisfied with that ! It also contains 2 of the most famous samurai warriors(Yagyu Jubei and Miyamoto Musashi).

Now i'm stuck at the shinsengumi story mode. It has 2 bosses to go through.

Still to figure out how to do charge attack(the one you see at the white cape shinsengumi guys). Actually i coincidentially did that and everything gone black and the character waited for the fire to emit and then he attacks just like he does the Mind Training in "Kengo: The Way of Bushido" PS2 game).

Here at Greece i found it for 10 euros(approximatelly 18$).

• 3 months later...

i got mine for christmas before i have even bought an xbox. this game is horrible online "play" cant be played without completing the game once. "Play" meaning its an AI game (you cant control your own character) its all up to the stats you have gotten from your play through wtf is that shit. once through is only about 30-45 minutes. its pretty bad that you can be at full health and die at anytime (unless your stamina bar is up).

just playing through for the achievements

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...