WOW!! Anyone else think RTWM is shit....???

Staunch

Not meaning to whine here but does anyone else agree that the RTWM in this game is shit..?? yea they go longer then last year but i must say that SVR was at least worth playing!! Im only on my second one now and it hasnt got any better.... please tell me it does.....

it doesnt... im on the third. The first one offended me, second one bored me to tears and this one is the worst - such crap

i loved SvR, wwe 12 had its moments but not many

didnt think it would!! i have now done the RTWM and im so pissed off that it was worse this year... think im going to stick to SVR series from now on, well all depends what trhe next WWE game is like!

It's by far the worst yet and in my opinion is the weakest part of the entire game and is the anchor that prevented it from being better than the rest

Limiting to 3 stories was a mistake and dragging them out was their biggest mistake

I played it through Gamefly and sent it back before I finished Sheamus' story just because it wasn't entertaining and was a waste of time

I got my achievements I wanted and needed so whatever,they have some thing straighten up and add to the new game for next year...maybe a GM Mode to add on with the Universe Mode and go back to 5 or 6 stories for their RTWM

Repetitive and boring.

90% of the matches were so scripted to the point that in the many Tag Team matches you are put in, you couldn't even tag in your partner unless instructed.

And I was getting sick and tired of beating up my opponent only to know that I can not PIN! You have to beat up the opponent until the (Y) button prompt shows and the game does the rest for you. Where's the accomplishment in that?!

And don't get me started on the matches where you lose ANYWAY! I know it's supposed to add "surprise" to your gameplay experience, but again, all that work just to lose is disappointing at times.

Triple H's story was a tedious pain in the ass with it's constant handicap 1 on 2 Brawls. All the cpu does is run and grab every damn time second, and it does not help with the game's reversing mechanics. I swear the game just ignores your button input and make you take it up the ass for a minute.

And WTF was with the Kevin Nash big boot scene?! It made no sense whatsoever!

I know it's a game, but how can you NOT know someone is in the same room as you?! It doesn't even mention that scene ever again, Triple H gets mad and doesn't go after him throughout the story. WHAT?!

Jacob Cass. I find it annoying that you can edit everything about him BUT the f***ing wrestling attire! I made Kurt Angle, got bored and decided to change his costume into my actual CAW.

NOPE! Had to make a new character.

So how many of you suckers turned your hard working CAW into Jacob Cass because you didn't know better?

I'm glad my friend warned me before hand. All that work I put in him would had been a waste.

lol@getting offended by the UK story line. If anything, I would be proud if I was british, scottish, or Irish. Those guys are talented but sadly are being used in the wrong way but anyways, RTWM sucked this year and they should just get rid of it completely.

• 1 month later...

I hate the part of backstage brawls and where you need to press Y button once your opponent is weak...Also, the CPUs' reversal rate is way too high...Every moves I made, they can counterback easily...Even I try on Easy settings at first, they manage to do reversals on every attacks..

I have played every SD game since the first one and this is without a doubt in my mind the worst one of the bunch. I mean in games like SYM in season mode if you had a match which the stipulation was whoever lost was gone from the WWE actually meant that if you lost the season mode would skip a few months then your character would return rather than a message on screen saying basically "You can't lose! Play again till you win!"

I loved this about the old SD games as it made me lose on purpose to see where story lines would go next, compared to this constant "The story is set to this one track you can not divert from this!" that seems to have happened more so in this years game.

Shut Your Mouth, Here Comes The Pain and the early SD vs RAW games had the best season modes. For me one of the best things about the early SD games was Smackdown 2 on the Playstation. The way you got CAW parts to unlock by just meeting random made up characters and having to beat them in impromtu matches to unlock the parts that the random was made of had me playing for what seemed like forever, compared to now when the "season mode" in games like WWE 12 are over with in a weekend and the game is then on the shelves of a second hand store within a few months.

In my opinion if they ditched the RTWM and brought back the old aspects of season mode where a story can branch off depending on if you win or lose the match I would be more inclined to continue playing the games to see where the story goes rather than thinking "Well I got all the achievements for this game and there is nothing really left to do that makes me continue to want to play so why bother?"

Hopefully WWE 13 will be better, but I am not counting my chickens yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...