Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Jhow

Achievement Guide & Road Map

COMPLETED GUIDE

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10

- Offline: 10 (50)

- Online: 0 (0)

- Approximate amount of time to 50:gsicon:: 5+ hours (Depends on Skill)

- Number of missable achievements: Mostly all of them can be missed

- Do cheat codes/Power ups disable achievements: No, only for I Don't Need Those

- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes, only The world is safe... for now

- Glitchy achievements: For some people, The world is safe... for now

- Unobtainable achievements: None

(Thanks to William723 for a solution to the glitch and to sanger for the power ups recharge trick)

Step 1 - Classic and Speed Modes

Right when you start up the game just play on the easiest difficulty and work your way up to the harder difficulty's. Easy and beginner modes are pretty easy if you understand the concept of the game. To play you will start with a screen with squares on it, click any of the squares and then numbers and blank squares should replace some areas. The numbers on your screen indicate how many mines are touching that specific square with the number listed. if there is a (1) that means only one mine is touching that square (same goes with any number). The objective of the game is to eliminate the squares until you can identify where the mine is located. Once you complete these modes you should net the The world is safe... for now achievement. And throughout you games you can always net any of the other achievements.

Step 2 - Mop up

You can go for any of the achievements you missed after completeing the world is safe... for now When going for that achievement you should get just about all the other ones just by simply playing. You could have missed Ultimate, Use what now?, serious business, piece of cake. Ultimate would be the most likely one to have missed.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/-9Il1w==.jpg Ultimate 5:gsicon:

To obtain this achievement you must reach the rank “Ultimate”. The easiest and in my opinion the fastest way to get this achievement is just play on east easy mode (7x7 field) with the experience bonus power up on. The reason for this is because you can complete a game in less then 5 clicks sometimes and you get 60+ points after every game if you use no flags. After You do this for awhile you will get that rank. Depending on how quick you do it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/-fMsYg==.jpg Happens To Everybody 5:gsicon:

Simply just click on random squares and you will eventually hit a mine.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/-BPU8Q==.jpg Use what now? 5:gsicon:

Start up a game on beginner classic mode (9x9), and begin to play. At the bottom of the screen you will see a shovel and a flag icon just don’t use the flag icon though out the game and you will get this achievement. Also just take you time if you have to Classic mode there is no time limit.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/-zTA-w==.jpg Click click BOOM! 5:gsicon:

This achievement can just be obtained by clicking randomly and you will get it soon enough. But if you want to be quicker just click on the screen once and right after that look around the border that was made from you click and find a spot where you know for a fact a mine is located. For example, if there is a (1) and only one box touching that number that is a mine, click on it and the achievement is yours.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/-0vcGA==.jpgSerious Business 5:gsicon:

This is more luck based considering that it’s almost a location that is all surrounded by mines. Refer to The world is safe… for now.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/-WrVrQ==.jpgPiece of cake! 5:gsicon:

This can only be done on Classic Easy mode. Simply try and complete the game in less then 5 clicks. Roughly after about 5-10 games won in this mode, this should unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/-qskiw==.jpg The world is safe… for now 5:gsicon:

- This is the most difficult achievement in the game. For this achievement you have to beat the game in both modes (classic & speed) and on all difficulties. With the easy and beginner modes, you should be able to complete without power ups or very much trouble.

- Once you get to Intermediate difficulty it gets tricky because there are many times where you will have to take a leap of faith and guess where a mine is located even if you’re almost done with the game.

- There is a little helpful trick I stumbled upon when doing these tougher difficulties.

EMP Glitch

- As soon as you get to a high enough level to get the EMP power up (Uncovers 9 squares and marks mines with flags) you can complete the Classic mode difficulties and you also might get the achievement Serious Business (if not just keep trying on the hardest mode). You will also get Training wheels after beating the hardest classic mode using the EMPs.

- Start up a game and get as far as you can until you get stuck and you have to guess where the mine is located. Once here, use the EMP power to clear the area you are stuck on and continue to use the EMP when you have power up points. (This goes for all classic modes you are stuck on)

- Just right as you use the EMP hit the “BACK” or ”HOME” button on your WP and once you do that, you must wait tell your power up points recharge.

- Once they do just resume game and use the EMP and hit the “BACK” or ”HOME” button again. I do believe you could get this done if you get far enough done (Roughly around 40 to 50% completed) on the game before using power ups.

- Speed modes tend to be a bit more challenging. To complete these, I do believe you can just barley make it if you use the EMP technique I mentioned above.

- Once you finish a your last one and your achievment doesn't pop just play on begginer and when you beat it, it should unlock.

Automatic Recharge for power ups

-There is another helpful trick to let you automatically recharge power up points. To recharge the points all you have to do is go into the settings on your phone and set the time to 2-3 hours in the future and your points will be refilled. Also some people have had this achievement not unlock after completing the requirements but if you just play on beginner speed mode it should unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/+wnPcg==.jpg I don’t need those 5:gsicon:

After you get to rank “Player” simply play a game and do not use power ups. (Player rank is achieved early).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/-tQ4bA==.jpg High Five! 5:gsicon:

Difficulty does not effect this achievement. Play on Beginner Speed mode and complete the game as quickly as possible. If you are having troubles wait tell you are a high enough rank to get the power up that makes the clock go slower in speed mode.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2060/+uk34Q==.jpg Training Wheels 5:gsicon:

Refer to the The world is safe… for now achievement.

Edited by Jhow

• 2 weeks later...
Instead of exiting the game, changing the clock forward, and resuming to use EMP (one or two), I found it quite easy to do the following. Worked like a charm for Intermediate and Advanced.

Needed:

Powerups: EMP, Slow time, and AT LEAST 45 token capacity

1. Start the game, click the initial space and maybe a few more easy ones, if you wish.

2. Use 2 EMPs, as this will help boost the clock up to the max time, then exit out.

3. Change the time forward by enough to get 45 tokens (i used increments of 1 day)

4. Resume game

5. IMMEDIATELY use SLOW TIME, then IMMEDIATELY use 1 emp, then Exit

6. Goto step 3, repeat until finished

With this method, you can easily get in, use an EMP, and get out in about 0.5 seconds of clock time. Plenty of time to uncover the whole board.

I just beat intermediate and advanced speed, thought I'd share.

This is by far the easiest way to get the world is safe...for now achievement. Beat every level fine but was getting worked on the advanced speed level until I used this method and beat the level after my first attempt with 10 seconds to spare.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just thought I'd add that I had some trouble with the "The World Is Safe...For Now" achievement.

I used an EMP to clear the final mine and although it gave me the win, I didn't get the achievement.

Solution? Play and win another game of any type (I played Beginner on Classic mode) and the achievement will pop.

This seems to just be a common problem to begin with. I did the entire thing legit and still had no achievement unlock for me (legit took 120 tries). I played one more on easy and the achievement unlocked thankfully. You should update the guide with this as well as making the achievement difficulty higher than a 2. This game's speed mode and luck based system makes it a bit higher in my opinion. I have more confidence to beat most games on hard mode than to beat that speed level ever again. Also I think once you "dashboard" the timer will not add time anymore. This is what some other threads are talking about. I was wondering why I was losing so bad. Once I stopped using that trick I got it normally.

• 3 months later...

They fixed the bug that stopped you from getting more time in speed mode if you went home, that wasn't a feature to stop people from cheating the achievement system, think how many people that play the game for fun be pissed off that they in the middle of the game have something to do go back only to find out they aren't getting more time and fail. Good for them fixing a game breaking bug.

Can a mod remove any now erroneous information pertaining to this issue from the boards?

Edited by DarkGeneral88

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Minesweeper (WP) Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!