Horrible

I got it from gamefly today and it is absolutely dreadful. Ok I have played horrible games like hour of victory which most people hate and enjoyed them, but this game is so bad. I only scored 75 gamerscore and do not even want anymore, I just mailed it in the mailbox at 10 at night that is how much I hated it. Graphics are gay, tanks are big boxes with a gun, nazis do not die, blimps as helicopters, weapons suck.... Get my point?

I got it from gamefly today and it is absolutely dreadful. Ok I have played horrible games like hour of victory which most people hate and enjoyed them, but this game is so bad. I only scored 75 gamerscore and do not even want anymore, I just mailed it in the mailbox at 10 at night that is how much I hated it. Graphics are gay, tanks are big boxes with a gun, nazis do not die, blimps as helicopters, weapons suck.... Get my point?

"Graphics are gay"

Explain, because I just got done playing the demo (finally) and they seemed great, better than the cartoonish graphics you'd see on a Nintendo Wii.

"Tanks are big boxes with a gun"

From screenshots I have seen, the German tank looks much more realistic than the tank in Medal of Honor and COD 2.

"Nazis do not die"

Are you aiming for the head? Playing the demo, I was able to kill most with one shot.

"Blimps as Helicopters"

The germans didn't have helicopters in that time period. (1953)

"Weapons suck"

Like I said, the game is based in 1953, so most of the weapons are still close to the weapons in WW2. Do you expect them to add weapons that weren't available in that time period?

"Explain, because I just got done playing the demo (finally) and they seemed great, better than the cartoonish graphics you'd see on a Nintendo Wii."

It would be quite a feat for a 360 game to be as ugly as any Wii game. In comparison to othe 360 games it looks like absolute shit. Horrible PS2 quality textures and cartoony looking nazis. And the animation is out of this world awful but it's quite hilarious at the same time. I won't even mention how awful the game runs. It seems to stutter anytime more then two enemies come on screen. And explosions...man I thought the game had crashed everytime a grenade went off.

From screenshots I have seen, the German tank looks much more realistic than the tank in Medal of Honor and COD 2.

Ok now you're just making things up. First of all genius the tank you encounter in Turning Point is an imaginary one. Just like some of the " upgraded" german weapons in the game. It does look like a giant square metal box. I don't know what screenshots you're looking at but I for one have played through the whole game and I know for a fact you encounter a couple oversized retarded looking tanks.

Are you aiming for the head? Playing the demo, I was able to kill most with one shot.

The hit detection in this game is awful. I aim for the head shoot sometimes it registers and and most of the time nada. When you hit an enemies midsection they don't even react to it. Luckily the enemies stand still most of the time so you'll have plenty of time to unload bullets into them. The controls are awful and make it very difficult to even get your crosshairs on the enemy in the first place.

The germans didn't have helicopters in that time period. (1953)

Yeah...they had giant fucking blimps of war! This game never tried to aim for realism in the first place though.

Like I said, the game is based in 1953, so most of the weapons are still close to the weapons in WW2. Do you expect them to add weapons that weren't available in that time period?

The weapons all suck thanks to the horrid hit detection and the shit controls. Also finding ammo can be quite a pain in the ass.

Maybe you should try playing the whole game itself but if you actually found the demo to be enjoyable then all hope is lost anyway.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

This game is freaking horrible. It's so bad it's like what the hell? The concept art in the extra section is fantastic, the story idea was good it's just that the game itself sucks so bad.

Getting stuck next to some crates 'cos the a.i stands next to you

Bad checkpoint system

Rubbish hit detection

Random ass damage dystem

Grenades clipping through the floor

Glitchy achievements (namely the 10 headshots one)

etc...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I couldn't believe how bad this game was when I bought it. It's so bad that you just have to sit back and think to yourself 'how was this ever released?'. I can just imagine the wrap party, everyone sitting around sipping halfheartedly from small paper cups in silence, ashamed of themselves. You'd never believe it was running on the UT3 engine, rather it looks like it came out on the Xbox/PS2. It's so clunky and awkward to the point of explosive anger, and the storyline is the lamest I've ever seen in any FPS title since Wolfenstein 3d (and that's some achievement considering the storyline is never really a strong point of even AAA FPS titles). I actually got over 500G in this game and I really don't know why, because about every moment after the first half an hour was excruciating agony.

Probably the the worst 360 FPS I've ever played. Wait, what am I talking about? It's definitely the worst.

So you guys down for boosting the 8 player online acheivements then? me and my brother have it and want to get all the online stuff done!! Need 6 more players to do the two 8 player acheives and also just to complete the TDM games, as it seems there is a minimum number of players required to get the game going.

We are in Australia so timing may be a little tricky, but chances are we will be on all hours of the weekend so let me know

• 2 months later...

I'd say not really. Yeah you can pick it up really cheap, but the in game story is non existent. The idea is cool, its why I bought the game, but having to play the game just to find out that there is no story... its just not worth your time. Also boosting the 8 player multi player acheivements is a pain, and getting 2.5k online kills is about 12 hours work per person. I'd probably steer clear of this one unless you either have mates willing to do it too, or you don't care about getting achievements.

My two cents.

Cheers,

Matt

• 3 months later...