New Brothers in Arms is coming.

So Randy Pitchford just confirmed that something Brothers in Arms related is in fact development with supposedly more details on the way.

Hit the link for the original Dtoid article.

http://www.destructoid.com/new-brothers-in-arms-details-very-soon--200983.phtml

All I can say is it's about damn time, it's going to be really interesting to see how they wrap this whole series up. There's barely 6 months left in the war by time Hell Highway ends. They're obviously not going to be doing anything Berlin related - so Battle of the Bulge?

• 4 weeks later...

I think they should do like half of the game to be the remaining 6 months left of the war and do the other half doing missions to set up for another series maybe Vietnam, We have yet to see a Vietnam series...I mean yeah COD: Black Ops touches base on Vietnam but it doesn't do a solid thorough explanation like the WWll shooters do

• 4 weeks later...
it's going to be really interesting to see how they wrap this whole series up. There's barely 6 months left in the war by time Hell Highway ends. They're obviously not going to be doing anything Berlin related - so Battle of the Bulge?

Although the war didn't have long left after Market Garden - the events of Hells Highway take place in less than a week, and Hells Highway misses a vital portion of the Market Garden operation.

Hells Highway focusses solely on the US paratroopers efforts during the operation ( albeit linking into XXX Corps as they linked up the objectives ), but what about the British paras at Arnhem / Oosterbeek ?

The number of levels / scenarios that their assault / defence of Arnhem over the period 17th - 26th September throws up could be a great game.

- landing on DZ and rendevous in the woods with Company

- moving from rendezvous point to objectives ( railway & pontoon bridges )

- making way from failed objectives to town centre

- 2nd battalion defending the bridge from numerous assaults

- other battalions being intercepted en route to town centre

- the additional landings having to fight their way off the DZ

- defensive perimeter around Oosterbeek

- escaping at night across the Rhine

- stragglers being helped by Dutch resistence + rescued by 101st Airborne

It might be that all this condenses into 1 level ( though I don't think it would do the actions justice ) but imagine the potential of having an Arnhem downloadable content with additional achievements

I think the biggest stumbling block is that these games are US focussed nowadays ( COD 3 had British missions ) and probably wouldn't sell so well in the US. Although there were US / Canadian officers involved with the operation.

Just my two cents on where the franchise could go

Mal Skelton

( currently trying for the 100 days achievement legit )

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
hey guys wont it be cool if they made a BIA game but you can play as the germans?

That would actually be pretty nice to see a campaign from the perspective of the Germans, very few, if any, games have done that. Of course, doing that would probably cause some negative press and the game would probably be banned in parts of Europe, but I think in the right context it would be a nice change of pace, especially in the BiA style following a German squad from the beginning of the war through all theaters until the end, by which most of the original members will likely be dead.

BIA:HH is one of my favorites and the gameplay in campaign was really fun to play. But I don't think I will be buying this one, because it looks like they completely changed gameplay making it worse.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzmKoTYiO1Q]E3: Brothers in Arms Furious 4 First Impressions - YouTube[/ame]

• 6 months later...

If they wanted to do a game with brutal close combat and silly over the top characters they could have picked another name for it. The trailer doesn't make any sense if they wanted to tie it in with the existing games in the series.

Really looks like a game version of IB which I personally heartily dislike in this game universe. :(

If they wanted to do a game with brutal close combat and silly over the top characters they could have picked another name for it. The trailer doesn't make any sense if they wanted to tie it in with the existing games in the series.

Really looks like a game version of IB which I personally heartily dislike in this game universe. :(

Actually, they have. I felt the same way, but it seems they have now dropped Brother in Arms from the title.

• 1 month later...

I am getting this game because I am a huge fan of Inglorious Basterds.

But I am so confused... at the end of Hells Highway, it says to be continued. Are they just going to drop the story? Or is Baker somehow going to be in this new game? I wish they continue the story with a more traditional gameplay, I really enjoyed the cut scenes and general theme.

Opinions?

But I am so confused... at the end of Hells Highway, it says to be continued. Are they just going to drop the story? Or is Baker somehow going to be in this new game? I wish they continue the story with a more traditional gameplay, I really enjoyed the cut scenes and general theme.

Opinions?

If you're a fan of Inglorious Basterds then I suggest you play The Saboteur, you might enjoy it...

• 3 weeks later...

Opinions?

They're saying that a REAL new BIA game is in the works. We might see it at E3. Who knows, it will continue the Matt Baker story, though, so I'm excited!