Warface Beta now open.

MisterP

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I do NOT like this game. Gameplay is too slow & you die too fast, if you die fast then the gameplay should be fast or vice versa.

Also, I really don't think F2P works with a FPS. Getting stuck with one shitty guns for tons of matches while you try to earn enough money to buy a good gun is NOT good. :/

Glad, I got into the Beta instead of playing the game & accidentally unlocking an achievement having it on my tag forever.

Finally they send it out. lol So does the beta offer achievements like some have in the past?
Some? I can think of none.

Gotham City Imposters didn't.

1 vs 100 didn't.

Gears Judgment let progress carry over for levels but didn't award anything during beta

Crysis MP didn't.

Several others I can come up with but none offered achievements during beta.

World of Tanks was in private alpha when the achievements went live IIRC.

I've spent a little time with the game, and I won't complain about it being too slow or clunky, as this is the beta, so yeah things can (and probably will) change.

My complaint(s) is the way the game is set up. Forever and ever, I'll argue with anyone that Call of Duty has the most user friendly interface when finding a match or setting up your classes, and for whatever reason, every single FPS can't manage to come close to matching COD's interface. It should be easy to jump into a match, not asking you if you wanna quick start, find a match, join a certain set of players, then find a match. It's too much, you should pick you want a match, what mode (FFA, TDM) and that's it, you just go and find a match. Simple, easy.

Another complaint is having areas that you can't reach without a team mate to help you. I've had a number of matches in Hanger where people are up high, and there's no way to get on their level to match them without help, and no matter how many times I ask people for help, no one will help me. This shouldn't ever happen, and it needs to be removed or fixed before the game launches.

Finally, when you start shooting people, and things get heavy, it's easy to not see the points pop up when you kill someone. The screen needs to be clear and the writing concise so I know the person is dead and I can move onto the next person.

Of course, the gameplay needs to be speed up, and smoothed out, then again that's why this is a beta and not the full game. I'll reserve my full judgement for when the game actually launches. At it stands now, this will be an easy time waster for those that don't have COD, Battlefield or Titanfall and those that are just bored with the three.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to play earlier this morning but have come across an issue with setting up my account. I accepted all terms and such but still it says that it failed to create an account... any ideas??

At this point I cannot do anything else but try to create the account for the beta and nothing else works.

I tried to play earlier this morning but have come across an issue with setting up my account. I accepted all terms and such but still it says that it failed to create an account... any ideas??

At this point I cannot do anything else but try to create the account for the beta and nothing else works.

I had the same problems yesterday and today. After looking at their support forum, it looks like its server issue. Only thing we can do now is just wait :/

I had the same problems yesterday and today. After looking at their support forum, it looks like its server issue. Only thing we can do now is just wait :/

Thanks. I just found the forum site for Warface which is HERE:

https://gface.com/warface?type=discussions

This seemed to provide a more direct way to communicate with beta users.

I will post up whenever I see that the servers are fixed up. I can't imagine them to be broken all weekend. As of today, the account creation has not worked all day so we will see later.

Some? I can think of none.

Gotham City Imposters didn't.

1 vs 100 didn't.

Gears Judgment let progress carry over for levels but didn't award anything during beta

Crysis MP didn't.

Several others I can come up with but none offered achievements during beta.

World of Tanks was in private alpha when the achievements went live IIRC.

Betas for retail games can't offer achievements so those are bad examples.

But XBLA games like Ascend and WSOP did.

Thanks. I just found the forum site for Warface which is HERE:

https://gface.com/warface?type=discussions

This seemed to provide a more direct way to communicate with beta users.

I will post up whenever I see that the servers are fixed up. I can't imagine them to be broken all weekend. As of today, the account creation has not worked all day so we will see later.

According to the forum site as of 830pm EST on Saturday 3-15-14, the beta is now active and all servers seem to work properly. I have yet to confirm this, but just try it and it should be fine. I cannot wait to jump into the Double Rewards weekend they have going on.

Have fun everyone.