Soul of KOs - Bonus dungeons Achievement

eastx

Today I finished clearing all four Dawn of Souls bonus dungeons. I did them in the following (weird) order:

1. Whisperwind Cove
  2. Earthgift Shrine
  3. Hellfire Chasm
  4. Lifespring Grotto

Unfortunately, the Achievement did not unlock! I only played through the dungeons with multiple possible endbosses one time each, so for instance I didn't fight all four bosses in Earthgift Shrine.

Can anyone who has the Achievement offer advice or suggestions? I don't mind going through them again so much (except for Lifespring and Whisperwind, so damn long) as long as I actually end up with the Achievement. But it might be semi-glitched, which would suck.

Unfortunately, the Achievement did not unlock! I only played through the dungeons with multiple possible endbosses one time each, so for instance I didn't fight all four bosses in Earthgift Shrine.

That's your problem right there, you have to fight EVERY SINGLE BOSS AND MINI-BOSS in all the shrines. So that means replaying every single boring shrine multiple times (except for Whisperwind).

Earthgift (four trips)

Cerberus

Echidna

2-Headed Dragon

Ahriman

Hellfire Chasm (two trips)

Cagnazzo

Scarmiligone

Barbariccia

Rubicante

Lifespring Grotto (two trips)

Gilgamesh

Atomos

Omega

Shinryu

Whisperwind Cover (one trip)

Typhon

Orthos

Phantom Train

Deathgaze

You have to kill ALL of these monsters in order to get the achievement. This site is quite useful: http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/ffadvancebonus1.php

That's your problem right there, you have to fight EVERY SINGLE BOSS AND MINI-BOSS in all the shrines. So that means replaying every single boring shrine multiple times (except for Whisperwind).

Earthgift (four trips)

Cerberus

Echidna

2-Headed Dragon

Ahriman

Hellfire Chasm (two trips)

Cagnazzo

Scarmiligone

Barbariccia

Rubicante

Lifespring Grotto (two trips)

Gilgamesh

Atomos

Omega

Shinryu

Whisperwind Cover (one trip)

Typhon

Orthos

Phantom Train

Deathgaze

You have to kill ALL of these monsters in order to get the achievement. This site is quite useful: http://www.finalfantasykingdom.net/ffadvancebonus1.php

Goodness, sounds like I have 6 hours or so more work to do. Shame 'cause I'd rather refight Shinryu in Lifespring for the best shield rather than get a ninja sword from Omega.

Thanks very much for the help!

Goodness, sounds like I have 6 hours or so more work to do. Shame 'cause I'd rather refight Shinryu in Lifespring for the best shield rather than get a ninja sword from Omega.

Thanks very much for the help!

Both those guides are rather rough, to say the least. I'd write a guide but I'm very VERY lazy lol.

The Labyrinth of Time is MUCH worse, it's a whopping 8 playthroughs and each one is at least one to two hours long.

Youll know when youve completed a Dungeon when a chest appears next to the blue flame sprite, this means its the final boss to kill.

Apart from Whisperwind Cove which is the dreaded 40 floor dungeon, every other dungeon will require multiple plays to kill all the bosses from within.

Hellfire Chasm & Lifespring Grotto will both require 2 plays to kill all the bosses and Earthgift Shrine will require 4 plays.

So glad I found this... I started with the Whisperwind Cove and got really confused why I could only fight one boss in Earthgift Shrine. I guess this is my answer.

Also glad to know that the monsters are what trigger the achievement. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious, should this pop when you've done those bosses, or is it after the game

Swear I've done them all, but can't have if its supposed to pop after the last of those listed is killed

At least it should be earthgift shrine if any, shame I dunno which

It pops during the "dying sequence" of the Dawn of Souls final boss you kill.

ahhh

sucks that it kinda looks like i glitched it, i've just gone through a guide, noting all the items that only those bosses drop, all of which i have, then i remember killing the ones that only drop "ordinary items" like dry ether and the like....

i'll just have to redo the lot of them, before i go for labyrinth of time.. long boring dungeon that is

EDIT~

bonza, it popped after first extra run trough earthgift shrine, when i killed erm, Ahriman....i was sure i'd beaten him before, but obviously not (i may not have been immune to quake at that point)

cheers trish

Edited by GR4V1G0R3

• 1 month later...