Dead Space Impossible Walkthrough

Skillet

If you had to recommend only 1 DLC weapon and armor pack, what would you recommend for Impossible difficulty?

This may be a bit late a reply to help you but I'm currently playing through Impossible for the first time to unlock that last achievement.

What I have found is that the 'Tank Pack' helps out tremendously! It gives you all the good weapons (Line gun, Flamethrower, Force gun) right from the start aswell as a 60% bonus on the armor. Put your first load of Power Nodes into your RIG (HP mainly) and after this you will find Impossible mode much much easier.

As I said I'm currently playing through this on Impossible using this method and have gotten to chapter 4 without dying once, which must be a good sign! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used this guide and got my 1000 a few minutes ago. Thanks a lot.

In all fairness, I had played the game twice before, and I made sure I started this impossible run with the Military Suit and I did the money glitches to get my suit and Plasma Cutter maxed out in Chapter 3.

Still, this guide helped a lot, especially when it came to preparing myself to enter a room full of enemies. Great jobs, and thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just thought i'd drop a line and tell you your guide was awesome, very helpful in a few sticky areas and also to kind of prepare me for what was ahead, I found I was always well prepared for all the hairy spots, even the last fight before the hive mind I totally obliterated just because I had so many items, lol :)

Great guide, thanks! 1000/1000 :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did have quite a lot of fun reading all the stats on the guns. This is great info and I wish I had known how certain guns work best for certain enemies as I just kinda stuck to the line gun and plasma cutter and didnt benefit from a rounder range of weapons. It is a bloody awesome game and deserves a fantastic impossible guide. well done mate

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, am heading into the final level and these tips for the Hive Mind will come in handy. Have been using solely the plasma cutter, with the Contact Beam in inventory for ammo drops to sell. Haven't even purchased anything else but am considering the Pulse rifle now as backup.

That trick with shooting the flowers until 1 hit will kill them when you get picked up...wish I had of read this when on my first playthrough LOL!!! I got chewed on sooooooo many times....

Edited by Opiate42

Thank you for this guide.

The Impossible achievement was the only one I didnt get when I played this originally. I had played thru the first chapter and thought it was gonna be hard as crap.

I came back now and did it.

It seemed alot easier, maybe I got better at games-idk.

Either way your guide helped me, thank you.

This guide saved my bacon so many times it is not even funny. it only took me 15 hours and 15 minutes, and that is with 10 deaths in the game total. Heck the hivemind at the end didn't even cause me any damage at the end. At the end I even had 415,345 credits, 35 power nodes, 25 large med packs, and 5 peng treasures, as well as a fully upgraded: line gun, force gun, pulse rifle, and plasma cutter. :woop:

:Bounce:I can't wait until Dead Space 2 comes out.:Bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

The best way I find of completing Impossible the first time is to just use the Plasma Cutter. This limits you to only buying Plasma Energy and helps you to spend more money in Med Packs and nodes to upgrade your Rig and Stasis (which are crucial). In fact, I got the One Gun achievement and Epic 3 Tier Engineer on the same play through.

Sorry for the vague tip but if someone has already mentioned it then they know what they're talking about.