Roadmap & Achievement Guide

Just keep the wiki on hand and its a breeze, i managed to 1k it (with help from the wiki) as the game is very unclear on certain quests/locations to go to on the map.

1st runthough = Dark mode, kill trolls,ioverth path, reload save for both endings, reach 35

Arena Stuff

2nd runthrough = easy mode, save trolls, Roche Pathe , 2 manual saves for roche last quest( anais or kill dragon)

Half a playthrough as i didnt sneak into the camp (Ioverth path)

Thats how i did it,

Thanks for the tip about the wiki. I just checked it out and it's full of useful info. This is pretty much the way I had planned to go about going for the 1000. I heard Roche's path was easier though. Would it be better to do it for Dark difficulty. Or is Ioverth's easier? No spoilers please. I saw a playthrough on YouTube of Roche's path when the PC version released last year. I know next to nothing about Ioverth's though. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st runthough = Dark mode, kill trolls,ioverth path, reload save for both endings, reach 35

Arena Stuff

2nd runthrough = easy mode, save trolls, Roche Pathe , 2 manual saves for roche last quest( anais or kill dragon)

Thats how i did it,

Bahahaha, I'm doing it the exactly the other way around as stated here in the guide, ah never mind. Good for you that you already done with the game.

I heard Roche's path was easier though. Would it be better to do it for Dark difficulty. Or is Ioverth's easier?

That's what I thought. Would make much more sense to do the "harder path" on the easier diffculty but most of the guys said, do ROCHE > DARK and IOVERTH > EASY.

Okay that's what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming it. That works out better for me anyway. Since I've already seen Roche's path and know what to expect, it should make Dark that much more manageable. Plus I can knock it down to easy and really enjoy Ioverth's story without having to worry about any difficult surprises. :p

Only reason I would deter someone from doing dark right away is that they are more than likely going to get pissed off and hate the game without even giving the story a chance. Its not hard to people who played it before (besides getting used to not having hot keys), but to people new to the game its going to be frustrating

Only reason I would deter someone from doing dark right away is that they are more than likely going to get pissed off and hate the game without even giving the story a chance. Its not hard to people who played it before (besides getting used to not having hot keys), but to people new to the game its going to be frustrating

Can you not hot key using the D-Pad? Or do you just mean used to having a TON of hot keys?

30G Poker!

Roll five-of-a-kind at dice poker.

so do you have to roll this on your first roll?,as i just got 5 stars with my second roll

EDIT:

Nevermind i see that there are two different stars,one is The Star of David type star while the other is well the other kind of star

Edited by metallicorphan

10G Apprentice

Use alchemy to brew five potions or oils.

Just craft 5 potions/oils at once.

15G Gambler

Win an arm wrestling match, a dice poker game and a fist fight.

Go to the inn in Flotsam, all 3 of these are in there.

15G Intimidator

Intimidate someone.

Sometimes conversations have options, pick the “evil eye” to get this.

those are obtainable in the prologue as well

Edited by Tenreth

Just keep the wiki on hand and its a breeze, i managed to 1k it (with help from the wiki) as the game is very unclear on certain quests/locations to go to on the map.

Arena Stuff

Thats how i did it,

What wiki exactly? I know IGN has one but I'm sure theres a few out there.

finally made it through the prologue.. took me three hours on 'dark' difficulty. shit man, i thought i'd be able to dominate this game. the combat mechanics take some getting used to and i've had some issues with the save system.

i was getting kind of frustrated with the difficulty setting while playing through this first bit. even though i've read in numerous places that the beginning's a little difficult and only gets easier once you progress and unlock abilities/items, etc, i've been thinking about turning my difficulty setting down to normal just to simply be able to enjoy this great game without getting pissed every time i die (which is usually only after one or two hits).

what do you guys think? would you change the difficulty down to enjoy the game, or would you continue to push through until things get easier? keep in mind that i am going for 50/50, however i'm usually pretty discouraged from running through a game again for just a couple of achievements.

thanks for the help!

finally made it through the prologue.. took me three hours on 'dark' difficulty. shit man, i thought i'd be able to dominate this game. the combat mechanics take some getting used to and i've had some issues with the save system.

i was getting kind of frustrated with the difficulty setting while playing through this first bit. even though i've read in numerous places that the beginning's a little difficult and only gets easier once you progress and unlock abilities/items, etc, i've been thinking about turning my difficulty setting down to normal just to simply be able to enjoy this great game without getting pissed every time i die (which is usually only after one or two hits).

what do you guys think? would you change the difficulty down to enjoy the game, or would you continue to push through until things get easier? keep in mind that i am going for 50/50, however i'm usually pretty discouraged from running through a game again for just a couple of achievements.

thanks for the help!

I never start on the hardest difficulty because I like to enjoy the game first. Plus, if you start on easy/normal first you get a better hang of the gameplay.

It all depends how much you're willing to weight achievement efficiency vs enjoyment. I knew a guy who started ME2 on insanity first, that was his only playthrough.

anyone knows how i can finde the two trolls in act 2?

You have to leave the main gate, go past the burnt village. Turn left away from where the mist and scoiatael are.

Once you see the altar, go up the higher path and you will find the first troll and everything else will be part of quest.

anyone knows how i can finde the two trolls in act 2?

Exit VERDEN through the south gate, go right whenever you can until you pass the BURNED VILLAGE, go down left path until you see a few dwarfs ad elfs. At the junction you can go through the mists and left. Go left here until you come to a statue with flowers, go here right and you can see the fat fucko from a distance. Kill him or accept his quest and the next objective will be the SHE-TROLL. Simply follow the marker. Job done!

Still too complicated!? Here you go:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2T0rNwIjO0]The Witcher 2 - The Troll - YouTube[/ame]