Reaching Lvl 50

ruck0

I noticed when I did one of the downloaded favors where you defend a warehouse from alot of straccis, I got close to 3k respect for every stracci I killed. So a strategy I suggest is killing some of them, making sure you dont finish the favor (kill about 20 or so), then just die.. You will keep the respect points you earned, and you get to start over. I regret finishing it, cos now I can't go back without going through the game again :(

I've got every achievement but the film reels and reaching level 50, and I noticed I am roughly ~70% of the way to level 50. Buying all the clothes in the game helped. Getting all the executions is +100k. And I noticed each film real is 1k each so that's another 100k.

I was told you should take over businesses after you've done more or less everything else in the game because the higher the level you are, the higher your multiplier for the respect you get. That is, if you're taking over businesses at level 30 you'll all-in-all get more respect than if you do it early in the game. I don't know if this is true or not, I believe I read it in a guide on GameFAQS. I'm actually wondering if this applies to anything you get respect points for.

Overall after doing everything except finding all the film reels, it looks like I won't have to grind that much to reach level 50. Simply put I think if you make sure you do everything in one game, it goes a long way.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I've seen a few people suggest not taking over any businesses until you are The Don. Isn't that impossible as you only become the Don once you have over 90% of the game complete?? Can someone fill me on this??

You become an Underboss by doing the story missions and then Don by taking out the four rival family compounds. Don of NYC requires you to reach 90% completion.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I spent about 12 hours as well just robbing banks, hijacking trucks, bribing police officers, etc... It was frustrating knowing that i did everything there was to do in the game and still had to play 12 more meaningless hours just to reach lv 50

Same here, but not so much time. I was at LVL46 when I beat the game, and it took only about 6 hours of me bribing the hell out of the police, and going on bank sprees (trying to do all 6 or so before going to a safehouse was fun).

Best way I found to level up was the racket trucks, and using the bridge method. (push the enemies over the bridge for 4x the normal EXP). And when doing the trucks, always near that bridge are the Barzini trucks, and they give you the most points for killing them (and the most $$$)

• 1 year later...

Know idea if anyone still plays this game but figured I would just give a little tip for getting to level 50.

If you don't want to be stuck grinding to level 50 for hours robbing banks and trucks after you have done everything then plow through the main story. Do the hits and favors as well because I think those might be missable since some of the guys that give you those missions end up dying (well you kill them). After the story take all the hubs so you get promoted to don. At don rank you can now take over all the property and kill the thousands of gang members that will get in your way.

The reason for doing this is because as you rank up your respect modifier increases earning you more exp for kills. Headshots will get you over a 100, throwing them off ledges will get you over 1000, and throwing a guy in front of a car will get you over 2,500.

So basically rank up to don then start killing with style. Go for environmental first, melee when you there are too many, and then gun when there are too many.