So.... (Documentary Q's)

Guest scotty2388

got 1000g. just used the method of picking a long game and only played it if the first round started with picogram. only took 30 mins to get 3 doc questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big THANK YOU to everyone who posted comments about deleting the games seen file. I knew I had missed a few documentary questions in my normal play through, was terrified I'd have to run through all the questions in the game before I saw them again. Took like 8 long games, but I finally got one to show up and then as soon as the round ended heard that beautiful achievement noise play. JOY!

This may be beaten to death at this point, but I can add evidence to the contention that the "Heart of Darkness" question does not count as a documentary. I got the 9/11 question, then HoD, then An Inconvenient Truth. It did not pop until a few games later when I got the March of the Penguins question.

In case it is of interest, I tried the restart method but in several hours of grinding never got a single documentary question. Eventually I just started playing all the way through Long Games. No questions came for a long time, then one came late last night and the other two (three, in a way...) came this morning. I probably went 20 games without a single question, then got all the questions I needed in a span of 3 games. Sigh.

Good luck to those still pursuing this unnecessarily frustrating achievement.

• 1 month later...

God I hate this achievement. Finally saw one tonight. Although I think i have seen at least one previously. Who knows if it will count though. I transferred all my memory and saves but this is a new xbox. So blah.. more games just to find documentar q's

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

finally got the 1000 bye bye scene it lol

I would like to point out that the documentary question about climate change also appears in songs and slogans because I answered it twice for the ach.

1. The climate change in Songs and slogans.

2. the climate change in pop culture.

3. The super size me in pictograms.

Edited by mcmanrfc11

• 2 weeks later...

I've put off getting this achievement for almost two years now. I'm tired of looking at having 975G for this game. I want this game done.

I did the "Restart" method and got one documentary question (Fahrenheit 9/11). I was hoping I had already answered two, but I guess not! LOL! Oh well!

I'm going to keep at it! Wish me luck!

• 11 months later...

After getting sick of seeing this 975 sitting on my list for years I decided to hunker down and try again. After about 8 hours of long games I finally got all three (apparently I had never gotten one documentary question in the previous 975 points games, as it took getting three in this attempt to get the achievement). I hope ridiculously random achievements like this are a thing of the past. As a note the achievement didn't pop until I actually finished the entire round and you get to the saving acheivements and seen puzzle screens, so make sure you don't just drop out of the game if get one, as I'm not sure if it registers until the end.

• 3 months later...