Improvements for the next F1 installment

GORQITO

Got quite a list actually.

1: Safety car if done properly.

2: No more pointless Yellow Flags that last about 5 seconds

3: AI actually doing proper laps in qualifying over the hilarious system it uses currently.

4: Have the interviews actually mean/do something

5: Have money from contracts actually have a point or take it out completely.

6: More helmet choices or ideally the ability to customise your own.

7: Make Automatic transmission not a complete fail.

8: Fix the hilarious pit queueing along with the random illegal blocking penalties while pitting in.

9: Have the AI actually obey the pitting rules and not ghost driving through me while i'm coming into the pit at double the speed of the limiter.

10: Make the AI more prone to spectacular crashes

11: Different options for your pit engineers/PA's voice

12: Longshot and goes against what they were aiming for with the game, but bring in the option for TV commentary like in the old Sony F1 games

13: Have 'The Chain' play before the race

14: Have interviews take place on the grid walk before the race

Should just about cover it haha. Apart from that, good game :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hav the big one now 24 cars on the track. example was between me and a few folk i raced with we had about 19 folk wanting to join one lobby. now 24 cars on the track with people u no wud be great cuse most of us neva leave unless dc.

Noddee i really wish you would type in English instead of.. well... 'Chav.' Sometimes i actually struggle to figure out what you want to say, lol :p

Commentary by Jonathan Legard.

nah, not legard. he's not even commentating for BBC TV this year - got to be brundle and coulthard as per the 2011 BBC TV lineup.

agreed that commentary needs to be better though. presence of safety car, random car failures, more interaction with race engineer and podium scenes should also be included too.

nah, not legard. he's not even commentating for BBC TV this year - got to be brundle and coulthard as per the 2011 BBC TV lineup.

agreed that commentary needs to be better though. presence of safety car, random car failures, more interaction with race engineer and podium scenes should also be included too.

No no no, for comedic value it has to be Legard ;)

Main request would be:

1. Would love to see Co-Op. You race as part of a team, why not you and a friend work towards the cunstructors title (As well as completing together of course!) :p Online teams would be awesome!

2. More of this "Be the driver" thing they shouted about, not just some lame arse interviews.. Actual Podiums would be good too.

3. More fuss made when you win the WDC Or CWC... Nothing actually happens apart from a congrats from the man in your ears.

4. Quicker online race lobbies, too much waiting about

5. Other drivers make more mistakes and be effected by flat tyres, grip, engines, etc.

Thats all for now. :p Love this game as it is though! Played on it A LOT!

1) The safety car would most defo be great. but would be very hard to intergrate. They would have to put a limiter on the car when behind it to stop people overtaking, unless they just do an instant DSQ if you did. In which case, safety cars would just be annoying as you would just slowly trundle along waiting for stewards (who wouldnt exist in the game, as the annimation would be too hard to program due to random crash wrecks and positioning), to clear crashed vehicles. The strategy gained from a pit stop under the car would be minimal as the simulation side of the game is far too lacking. Tyre wear just isn't significant enough IMO, neither is temperature (one corner and they are at optimum temp...stupid!).

2) Agreed, maybe an option for a more technical start process which invloved a clutch, anti-stall, harsher traction control which produces far more wheel spin (in real life they are only at a quater throtle until 3rd gear).

3) Again, much needed. But they said they could not put it in as the volume of data used to create the images of what is happening on screen is so vast, especially when weather is utilised, that the other side of the circuit just doesn't exist when you are nowhere near it. Or at least only is a half rendered state. To have a running video that you can jump from driver to driver at any part of the track would probably cause a console to crash or lag out. But would be awesome if it worked.

-----------------------------

One of my only complaints is that i want useable wing mirrors on the car. You get no image of what is behind you in them, and for those of us who use racing wheels, only being able to look directly behind you just isn't enough. When alongside someone i have no idea where they are, and it can cause a lot of problems.

I also want a far more simulation settings. My idea being one of track evolution over a race weekend. Lap times fall considerably during a race weekend as rubber is deposited on the track from practice session tryes. Grip levels increase and it becomes a faster circuit. Likewise tyre temperature is too easilly achieved here, it should take a lap at least to warm them up, and performance ability should reflect temperature levels.

Martin Brundle has said this numerous times on air, you can barely see past your rear wing through your mirrors, so this is actually quite realistic.

2. classic tracks, bring back the a1 ring, adelaide, argentina!!!

3. classic drivers, Senna, both Hills, Prost, Mansell, Piquet snr, fittipaldi, andretti, Fangio, Clark

4. fuel load is fine, i find it much harder at the start of the race compared to when the end of a race im extremely fast.

(able to hunt down a drive through penalty gap at bahrain passing three cars on the way)

5. Pre-Season Testing, Intregal Part of the season.

6. Safety car, i've taken cars out at bahrain in the middle of turn 4 two or three times and they just disappear, not realistic and isn't too much to ask is it, just program it like the start, only moving and at 70 mph or something.

7. Podium please, but the national anthems would take too much space on the disk up i feel.

8. More say over where you go in career ask your agent to negotiate with williams for example.

9. GP2, GP2 Asia and GP3 series, make you work your way up to formula 1.

10. pre-race grid, where you are asked questions about the race.

• 2 weeks later...

Although some of the ideas have been said i would like to be able to play with a friend and challenge for the constructers championship together and compete with each other. Whilst i do love muliplayer it would be good fun to race against the computer as in season mode and go for both the constructers and Drivers chamipionship.

Another thing i would like which could tie in with the first point is for some kind of create your own team mode, franchise mode or something like that. To some people it may seem a bit silly but i would like to be able to start from scratch with my own team etc.

While it was a good game and i do still love playing it, i have to say i agree with a lot of the comments made before, but i think with it being the first formula one game I've played in a while and first on the xbox 360 i hope the next one will improve a lot more and have some of the ideas that have been mentioned. Personally would be happy just to be able to play the season mode or through the entire season with a friend as my team mate going for the constructors and drivers championship :)

• 1 month later...

ill probably get mixed reviews for saying this but...

remove some of the realism in the graphics in order to make up more space for gameplay/simulations.

a lot of the things people want in the game cannot physically be done because lets face it the 360 is an ageing machine with limited processing capabilities.

the game looks phenomenal but i dont see the point in the look of it if it takes away from the gameplay, its like the old fifa vs pes, yes fifa had real players names and the graphics were out of this world, but the gameplay was utter shit, pes for me was the better more "realistic" game (until EA got their act together)

so all im asking for is to sacrifice the graphics so that rather than "simulating" where a car is on track, the game can draw the entire circuit from start to finish and we know exact positions of the AI on track. Surely this isnt too much to ask, i mean look at games like call of duty the engine can draw the entire map and give a fixed position for everyone in the game rather than "guessing" where they are in the game as it does in f1 2010, therefore we can switch between which players we can watch while we are waiting to spawn.

also with the free'd up processing power we could have saftey cars, better weather simulation on short races, better pit stops, switching between players when we crash out online or finish the race and are waiting for others, better AI simulation etc, basically all the things people have suggested.

just a thought...

I love the game so much, but they have a huge amount to improve upon if I'm to pay full price for the next game.

- Harder AI: getting my first win in a Virgin in my first season against legend AI with no assists in the rain just shouldn't be possible.

- Streamlined multiplayer lobbies: it's frustrating having to add every AI driver one by one instead of having proper presets, amongst other things.

- Better damage modelling

Plus a whole lot more.

It feels like they rushed the game, without polishing it and adding good intuitive features.

My improvements would be:

Saftey car- which they are doing for this year!

Commentry- it has to be relevent though, if i manage to pass someone at st devoe (however you spell it) i want one of brundle's quotes to be coming out of my speaker.

A.I - I want the A.I to crash into me on tracks like montreal and monaco, in 2010 it just seemed like they were on rails kinda, there needs to be more on track action!

I also want to take part in the podium celebrations

9. GP2, GP2 Asia and GP3 series, make you work your way up to formula 1.

Not to sound rude, but this is a terrible idea. The game is Formula 1, adding in other disciplines would just detract away from what the game audience as a mass, really want... which is F1. If people want a GP2 game then fine, but it has to be a totally separate retail game. Trying to put too much in was Shift 2's mistake. The GT1 and GT3 series it had was good, but lacked many of the circuits the real series uses. I was so exicted to get to race the San Luis track only to find it was not put into the game.

they need to sort out the fuel in 100% races for F1 2011 as on this one your car is effected by the weight load of the fuel and the AI's car isnt there is just no point in doing 100% races with the fuel setting on otherwise because you'll never win they gain an unfair advantage.

they need to sort out the fuel in 100% races for F1 2011 as on this one your car is effected by the weight load of the fuel and the AI's car isnt there is just no point in doing 100% races with the fuel setting on otherwise because you'll never win they gain an unfair advantage.

Perhaps the most important fix they need to make to the current game, but likely will not seeing as the new one is out is several months. Pisses me off this. As does the stupidly long sprint race timer, having gone back to do some more recently its reminded me how annoying they are. Waiting for 2:30 after a race is totally unecessary, its a 3 lap race for god sake! If you can't finish within 1 minute of the leader, then sorry, but tough luck. DSQ! XP should still be scored from a timed out racer to make it slightly less harsh, but not many obviously.