the final mission is IMPOSSIBLE! (spoilers)

Thinreaper

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jump was the only thing i ever had troubles with.
Yeh i have the same problem, when it tells me to pull up into the helicopter by pressing the A button and when i do that after like 10 seconds mission fails. I am tapping the A as fast as I can and hes still not pulling up.

Well i did it in the end guys, thanks for all the tips and stuff

Although a lot of people seemed to think i was struggling because of the rockets or something, in all of my many attempts i never once got hit by a rocket. The problem was simply not being able to make it to LJ's chopper before he flew away and so it said i lost dimitri. I just couldnt get the boat to the marker quickly enough, when i eventually did do it, i was still nowhere near it, the cutscene just activated :S oh well lol

Well i did it in the end guys, thanks for all the tips and stuff

Although a lot of people seemed to think i was struggling because of the rockets or something, in all of my many attempts i never once got hit by a rocket. The problem was simply not being able to make it to LJ's chopper before he flew away and so it said i lost dimitri. I just couldnt get the boat to the marker quickly enough, when i eventually did do it, i was still nowhere near it, the cutscene just activated :S oh well lol

*shrug*

i did both versions of the last three missions. when i did the bike one, i made the jump so horribly i thought i was gonna end up re-doing the mission. i literally missed the ramp, turned around, failed to get enough run-up, and went up the ramp like half speed. and still made it perfectly.

This mission is doing my head in. 13 attempts so far. 8 of those have been nothing going wrong and just not being able to get to jacob's heli before he flies off. And a couple of those have definately been me getting into the boat and setting off as fast as physically possible.

I did make it into the chopper one time, but crashed it...stupid, I know.

i did it first try, no problems. caught up with the chopper pretty quick.

i'm thinking it might be the weather system -- the ease of the mission might depend on how choppy the water is.

Can anyone shed any more light on this? When I start the mission, it's always nice and sunny, then at some point between entering the building and D killing P it turns into hella rainy thunderstorm end-of-the-world type weather, every time.

Was this the case for everyone else, or is it just because of when my pre-mission save is?

Can anyone shed any more light on this? When I start the mission, it's always nice and sunny, then at some point between entering the building and D killing P it turns into hella rainy thunderstorm end-of-the-world type weather, every time.

Was this the case for everyone else, or is it just because of when my pre-mission save is?

Yep was same for me. i belive thats what the weather is set for the mission.

Just got it. Waiting a day for different weather didn't change anything - weather was different for the pre-boat part put still a dramatic megastorm for the boat chase.

I think the thing I did different was going to the left once the arrow appears under Jacob, as someone mentioned above. Keep right and hug the coast until you go under the bridge as Jacob appears, and then move as far left as possible.

Guess I'll try again to see if this keeps working, seeing as my damn Liberty City Minute achievement didn't unlock. Borderline broken missions and glitched achievements? Way to make me lose all the love I was feeling for your game, rockstar.

This was almost the easiest mission in the whole game (I'll Take Her... gets the award for easiest). Were you tapping 'A' to swim as fast as possible to get to your boat?

Seriously, I had more than enough time to get on Jacob's helicopter.

I would say ransom was the easiest all you have to do is take a picture of the daughter:p

you know, i don't remember whether or not it was raining. i don't think it was... could be wrong.

I'm sure you all know this but you guys are talking about two different missions. "A Revenge Tragedy" and "A Dish Served Cold". I'm not sure which is harder as I'm still struggling with Revenge Tragedy.

yeah, but they're very similar. on one, you chase the boat in a bike and make a jump to catch jacob's heli. on the other, you chase the boat in another boat, and have to be below the heli at a certain point. then you get in the heli, and chase the other one to the statue of happiness, and kill whichever boss is in your mission.

neither is especially more difficult than the other.

it is for me anyway haha ive tried it sooo many times, it makes me want to never play the game again!

Basically, no matter how fast i get on the boat and chase the chopper, little jacob lowers his chopper way too quickly and takes off before i can get anywhere near him! The guide says just do it fast but ive done it as fast as i possibly can, and since it takes Nico about 5 seconds to actually sit down in the boat once you've pressed Y theres not much more i can do

Anyone have any advice? Im seriously bummed out, its spoilt what was up until this, a pretty enjoyable single player.

HAHA, I got advice, play a mature game when your actually mature, i found nothing wrong or difficult about the last mission, i actually did two saves and then completed them both on the first try. Your just like the people saying the gunplay is still a little crappy, damn people need to get some sense.

BTroxell, shut the **** up. Who are you telling me i'm not mature? Whats your problem? What has me having trouble with a mission got to do with my maturity? Talking that kind of crap makes it seem like your the one who's immature, not me buddy. And i never said anything about the gunplay, i think its fine.

You did it first go? Congratulations, ive heard loads of people say they got it first go but ive also found quite a few people who've had the exact same problem ive had, so its not like im the only one.

BTroxell, shut the **** up. Who are you telling me i'm not mature? Whats your problem? What has me having trouble with a mission got to do with my maturity? Talking that kind of crap makes it seem like your the one who's immature, not me buddy. And i never said anything about the gunplay, i think its fine.

You did it first go? Congratulations, ive heard loads of people say they got it first go but ive also found quite a few people who've had the exact same problem ive had, so its not like im the only one.

Yeah, kinda pissed off at nothing when i wrote that, mainly because i was sick of the people who aren't good at the game lashing out on car controls, and the gun play physics (family, friends, reviewers). I know you never hated on those things but when I read your post i associated you with them and got pretty irritated. sorry bout that shit.

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to miss the helicopter with the bike. For me it always went into a cut scene. Maybe you're too fast for your own good. Anyway, try this. Make sure you see the helicopter or listen for Little Jacob as you're on the bike, to make sure they're there when you hit the ramp. Don't rush it, you have plenty of time. I even fell of the bike after hitting a boulder head on and still made it. Hope this helps.

Don't go flatout on the bike around the corners and that when you are on the sand....

As long as you get to the bike quickly and get off the mark quickly you can still caress the bike round the corners and get to the chopper.

I done this on my second go, my 1st attempt i cleaned myself up on a barrel laying in the sand just before the jump.

• 2 weeks later...

Still messing with "A Revenger's Tragedy" here.... I manage to get into LJ's chopper alright but then I seem to loose Dimitr's. Does he turn left over the city or does he continue following the "harborline" ? It's a matter of 2-3 secs before he's gone and I've had it with doing the mission over and over again. Help appreciated, thanks a bunch.