So, do you maybe want to stick another rocket in the chamber or what?

pined5551

Wow, so i just finished the game on normal and had an absolute ball ache of a time during the fight towards the end of the game against the tri-pod machine that is at night (I think it's in Time Square), when the power shuts off etc. Anyway. I had 3 rockets to hand and had seen many laying around as ammo pick ups, so of course figued it would be a pretty straight forward fight.

Hmm, my rocket launcher glitched out. It said i had 2 remaining rockets but it would not reload, even after changing weapons. It would not let me pick up any more ammo either. Having not seen the HMG i ended up taking it down with 2 C4 packs and a tonne of standard ammo.

I dont particulaly mind when i see the many visual/audio glitches, for which there a lot!! Because they dont interfere with the gameplay. But when you cant reload your most important weapon, one which your tac scanner informs you to pick up ammo for and even tells you were that ammo is. It becomes a whole new ball game. I find this to be a fairly unforgiveable glitch.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, as I can't bear the thought of getting there again on supersoldier difficulty only to have it happen again. More importantly, does anyone know how to stop/fix it?

Thanks. (Still a fantastic game though, not disputing that).

I had the same issue on the first Pinger you come across, although there was some C4 strewn around there, and there's always the grenade launcher, failing that there's the two HMG's in that area. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think there's a screamer* in that area, unless that's a different Pinger battle.

*not sure if this is the correct name, missile pod-esque weapon with laser sight.

I had the same issue on the first Pinger you come across, although there was some C4 strewn around there, and there's always the grenade launcher, failing that there's the two HMG's in that area. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think there's a screamer* in that area, unless that's a different Pinger battle.

*not sure if this is the correct name, missile pod-esque weapon with laser sight.

Im fairly sure there wasn't one at this point, at least i never saw it with the tac scanner. Maybe we are thinking of different encounters.

Yup, I remember having this issue. It would sometimes say I had 2 rockets and wouldn't let me pick up anymore as well! Bizarre glitch, little bit of a pain in the ass but it didn't really effect many battle outcomes.

ive had the rockets disappear when reloading a checkpoint in a battle like that.

i couldnt see the rockets, but if i ran up to the spot where they would be, it would let me pick them up still, as though they were there, but couldnt be seen.

i had the same problem against one of the heavy mech type guys. Both my rockets and C4 wouldnt work even though i had ammo. After i died once or twice the glitch seamed to sort its self and worked after that.:)

Ever since a certain point in the game, I have not been able to pick them up at all.

Now you mention that, I know that I was unable to pick them up on the final mission. Not sure if i tried to pick any up before that, between when i encountered the glicth for the first time. This really is a terrbile problem with the game, and with it happening to so many people it really should have been noticed in testing. I can't see how it wouldn't.

At least the MP is good... at least i have not had any trouble with it, I know not everyone is of that mind, lol.