Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Maka

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone show me a video or guide on getting C-O-M-B-O in the hanger on projective.. I've been trying for hours and my god.. this is the worst combo collecting I've ever seen.. You don't have enough speed nor balance to get O. Last Projective till 400 btw.

Here you go :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HLRnt67PBU]Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD The Hangar COMBO Projective - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone else having trouble unlocking the 'Old Skool' achievement?

Tried it 3 times (using Tony Hawk in Career Mode) and it didnt unlock.

I could have swore I did this without doing a manual and didn't get it. Tried it again and it unlocked the second time. It becomes really difficult to avoid manualling when it's force of habit.

how did you guys complete projective move on downhill jam? the 2 score challenges are what's keeping me from getting 400GS. i just need a good method for scoring high and i'll be set... anybody? haha

A good start is boneless down the hill with a flip and grap while spinning to land with a Special in gold. Then boneless up the right side to the two pipes, special grind then special grab off, then land in a special grind on the spine, then shoot of the ramp dead in front of you with a special grab, then manual and go from there.

Lots and lots of flip tricks + manuals right from the start to about in the middle of the level where it is halfpipes and then do a grabtrick with as much spin as possible which should give you a shitload of points (manuals + fliptricks = lots of x times and the grab trick equal lots of score x) and if you're points short just stay in that same area and do nocomply/boneless-fliptrick-grab with spin. Good luck :)

While we're on the same topic, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find either the sixth or seventh skateboard. I know where the first five are, the last one is on the railing near the end, and either six or seven is in the underpass after the big rock. I just can't seem to find the other one, so I'd appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks!

While we're on the same topic, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find either the sixth or seventh skateboard. I know where the first five are, the last one is on the railing near the end, and either six or seven is in the underpass after the big rock. I just can't seem to find the other one, so I'd appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks!

Pretty sure it's #7 and I think it's high up on a railing on the right side right where the path splits at the end and you can go downhill or on flat ground. The wall below it has a danger sign on it.

Pretty sure it's #7 and I think it's high up on a railing on the right side right where the path splits at the end and you can go downhill or on flat ground. The wall below it has a danger sign on it.

Oh wow, now I see that's actually number 7. I was missing the very last one on the railing at the end after that. Thanks again!

Make sure to start from a neutral stick, press Up, let go, then press A and let go, all in rapid succession, as your character is 25%-50% up the quarter pipe. You are probably doing it too late. Try that!

Lol, thanks for the help, but I still can't do it with any regularity. I'd say 1 out of 20 times I'm doing it. I'm going to try and do something different with doing the grinds across the gaps and using the other grinds with specials to try and get it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2199/5-3rOs4=.jpgBringing home the bacon - 20 :gsicon:

Unlocked Officer Dick

To unlock Office Dick, you must complete all 10 objectives in Marseille with any character except Tony Hawk.

More info to come.

^^^^^

Does that include the avatar option or does it have to be one of the skaters?

I can confirm that you can use the avatar option to unlock Officer Dick.

So I've went through and completed most of the guide.

I have left the projective achievement, and the "Unlock ..." achievements for when I get the chance to write more info.

Hopefully someone will create guides on how to 100% Career and Projective mode, so that I can link to it as well.

Let me know if you spot any flaws, or if I should add any extra info into specific achievements where the solutions have been changed to green text.

This my 1st skating game. So any advice would be good, but I am so tired of trying and failing on certain collectibles. Like the 1st Venice Beach gap, the last $ on top of the pillar - I just cant reach it, and the hidden disc on venice beach, I just cannot get far enough off the roof, both ollie and speed are 1 from max. Urgh, it's bad enough my combos suck but these basic jumps are giving me problems.

game is tricky for beginners, i'll tell you that

Only flaw I see in the guide is a typo in the officer dick solution. You typed expect instead of except.

Like the 1st Venice Beach gap, the last $ on top of the pillar - I just cant reach it, and the hidden disc on venice beach, I just cannot get far enough off the roof, both ollie and speed are 1 from max. Urgh, it's bad enough my combos suck but these basic jumps are giving me problems.

For 1st gap I'm assuming you mean the one to the right of the start it can be very tricky. Best thing I found was to get your speed up by grinding some of the ledges and fences to your right and keep trying you'll eventually hit it just right. The cash and dvd I had some problems with too. Get your stats completely maxed then come back. For the dvd use the quarter pipe to get speed and do a no comply or boneless before going off the edge. You should have no problem getting the distance,my biggest problem was actually lining it up. For the cash you jump from the nearest roof, I used the ramp but some say it's easier if you avoid the ramp and go straight from the roof, again a no comply or boneless will get you a little more height.

Edited by thenutman69321

I don't know if anyone has posted this but you can do the Manual Master on an online match with a friend so if you don't start the game with him and you could complete the game with a character you would want.

Just in general, anybody having problems getting the Sick Scores or achievement on VB, combos will get it easily. I was just trying to chain air tricks and not coming close, then on Downhill Jam I started off with manuals+kickflips into a bunch of grabs/grinds and my first combo was over 300k alone. Don't try to add spins if it's going to make you miss landing the manual. I am trying to work on a guide for the original 100%, however I used one from IGN to help with things I couldn't find. Maka do you want the guide done in video or typed out? I can try to work on it as I finally have a few days off from the job :)

I had never played the old games and couldn't get my score up by doing 900s+grabs and then saw people mentioning manualing and grinding and my eyes were opened :p

Typically you want to avoid grabs unless you are in a combo and doing a large gap where you can grab and then go back to grind/manual OR if you are getting ready to end your combo and want to do a special grab for the massive point. The multiplier is the key to scoring big hence lots of grinds/manuals as each one counts as a multiplier +1.