GTA V Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

Some help - PowerPyx's 100% guide says that Career Criminal (achieving 100% completion) is unmissable no matter the ending (I haven't finished yet) yet this guide says it is - some clarification?

It actually is missable. Because if you don't choose option "C" at the end of the game...

[spoiler=Trevor]You won't be able to complete any remaining Strangers and Freaks missions for Trevor or Michael, because you would have had killed them.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some help - PowerPyx's 100% guide says that Career Criminal (achieving 100% completion) is unmissable no matter the ending (I haven't finished yet) yet this guide says it is - some clarification?

Unless you get all of the required strangers & freaks out of the way before choosing an alternate ending, at least 1 will be missed and hence the achievement will be missed. I kinda wish I made a save right before the choice so I could play all of the endings :(

It could be the latter. I just took them as they came and didn't focus on sitting down and only doing the achievement.

As for the ending of it, thankfully I checked it out before the mission ended, though it wasn't simply "the easiest option is to drive away and get the money," because I got rocked the first time I did it by all the enemies and gunfire. Still worth the $2.1 million.

It is definitely a bit glitchy. The part where you have to wear the robes got me twice. The first time I was sevemn days into wearing them and then as I ran out of things to do as Michael I switched characters. I came back to him 2-3 game days later and he was no longer wearing them. I put them back on and it said you need to wear them for 10 days. Start over basically so I done that and this time got to about 5-6 days before saving and going to bed. The following evening I loaded the game up and guess what Michael is sitting on the side of his bed with his grey suit on. So this time I just spent ten minutes game saving to add 6 hours each time. Quite annoying especially as the next part involved running round the desert for 45 minutes.

So unless you going to play for six hours straight and play only as Michael this may well glitch on you.

Yeah, the achievement isn't as long as it appears in text, and I'm not sure if it's actually glitched, or if people aren't waiting long enough for the next mission to appear.

Its glitched, if you don't get the email within 1 minute of delivering the 5th vehicle you will never get it I was 80% complete and I never got the email so you cant say enough time didn't pass.

You should put it as glitched as its easily avoided by saving before you deliver the last vehicle then if don't get the email just load and try again. Otherwise you need to start a new game.

It is definitely a bit glitchy. The part where you have to wear the robes got me twice. The first time I was sevemn days into wearing them and then as I ran out of things to do as Michael I switched characters. I came back to him 2-3 game days later and he was no longer wearing them. I put them back on and it said you need to wear them for 10 days. Start over basically so I done that and this time got to about 5-6 days before saving and going to bed. The following evening I loaded the game up and guess what Michael is sitting on the side of his bed with his grey suit on. So this time I just spent ten minutes game saving to add 6 hours each time. Quite annoying especially as the next part involved running round the desert for 45 minutes.

So unless you going to play for six hours straight and play only as Michael this may well glitch on you.

Well from the get-go, it would be wise to just pass the 10 days by just saving in his bedroom until 10 days has passed. Switching to other characters or turning of the game will obviously void the cumulative factor.

Well from the get-go, it would be wise to just pass the 10 days by just saving in his bedroom until 10 days has passed. Switching to other characters or turning of the game will obviously void the cumulative factor.

I am sure I read this right... It's cumulative, not continuous. Come on!

cumulative[ kyoo-myuh-luh-tiv, -ley-tiv ]

adjective

1. increasing or growing by accumulation or successive additions: the cumulative effect of one rejection after another.

2. formed by or resulting from accumulation or the addition of successive parts or elements.

Either way the achievement is glitched for some people.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

That's what I did to be safe being that it's a staple to the series that not even saving but just "going to bed" advances the clock 6 hours.

I never had a problem with receiving emails. I'm also still working on uncovering the whole map so when I was inbetween the Epsilon missions, I'd go get the blimp and cruise around. I got the email about 10-15 minutes after delivering the last car. The one for the robes took a little longer and after that, each mission popped up one after another. I just still REALLY wish I'd gone with my gut and taken the car in the final mission.

How do you hold up a store? I went into like 20 (Tattoo parlors, barbers, clothes shops and AMMU-NATION)with each character and held my gun up at the cashier. I had to place myself right outside the door to take my gun out. I heard that I should go into a gas station and do it there? Is that possible?

Edit: Got it.

Edited by B8ZZ

How do you hold up a store? I went into like 20 (Tattoo parlors, barbers, clothes shops and AMMU-NATION)with each character and held my gun up at the cashier. I had to place myself right outside the door to take my gun out. I heard that I should go into a gas station and do it there? Is that possible?

That's the problem. It can't be a store you actually frequent to "shop" at.

There are Mini-Marts and Liquor stores to enter that will allow you to hold them up. You could make anywhere from $300 to $700 (that I got) and the cops will be called.

I am sure I read this right... It's cumulative, not continuous. Come on!

cumulative[ kyoo-myuh-luh-tiv, -ley-tiv ]

adjective

1. increasing or growing by accumulation or successive additions: the cumulative effect of one rejection after another.

2. formed by or resulting from accumulation or the addition of successive parts or elements.

Either way the achievement is glitched for some people.

Cumulative, continuous...same thing. Besides, the game and guide itself says cumulative so no need to lecture me on which is correct ;)

Unless you get all of the required strangers & freaks out of the way before choosing an alternate ending, at least 1 will be missed and hence the achievement will be missed. I kinda wish I made a save right before the choice so I could play all of the endings :(

Thank you - but only if I don't complete all freaks and strangers right - I can still get it then?

I don't want to read BiggD's spoiler in his reply since I haven't completed the game yet but I feel like the ending in the guide to choose is the best and only choice right now then if I want to get 1000GS.

When should I think about creating a new save? I have a couple going but I don't want to be too far back and not have a save I can use just in case

Cumulative, continuous...same thing. Besides, the game and guide itself says cumulative so no need to lecture me on which is correct ;)

Same thing? Cumulative means you should be able to wear them for 5 days take them off then put them back on and still be on 5 days. The game and therefore the guide is wrong.

Same thing? Cumulative means you should be able to wear them for 5 days take them off then put them back on and still be on 5 days. The game and therefore the guide is wrong.

Chances are, if you switch characters, you character is going to switch clothes negating the parameters.

It happens all the time with mike and frank. Trevor rarely b/c well, he's a simple redneck lol. Jeans and his pit-stained T suit him fine :p

From reading most places, it said wear it continually and as mentioned, switching tends to let the AI do what they please.

Chances are, if you switch characters, you character is going to switch clothes negating the parameters.

It happens all the time with mike and frank. Trevor rarely b/c well, he's a simple redneck lol. Jeans and his pit-stained T suit him fine :p

From reading most places, it said wear it continually and as mentioned, switching tends to let the AI do what they please.

Thats my point the game says cumulative but its not, because if it was cumulative switching clothes wouldn't reset it.

EDIT: Nevermind the game does infact say consecutive I was just going off what BiggD said. For future reference its not same thing at all.

Edited by The Duke of Darkness

Thats my point the game says cumulative but its not, because if it was cumulative switching clothes wouldn't reset it.

Well technically Cumulative is "Acquired by or resulting from accumulation", it doesn't necessarily automatically dictate "All Together". It also means by succession and in this case, switching characters during say the 5 mile hike would cause the character to cease the action therefore not succeeding in his "cumulation" O.o.

Either way, the smart thing would be when doing a specific thing for the Epsilon program, complete it then and there.

LOL well then ignore my bullshittery ;)

Thank you - but only if I don't complete all freaks and strangers right - I can still get it then?

I don't want to read BiggD's spoiler in his reply since I haven't completed the game yet but I feel like the ending in the guide to choose is the best and only choice right now then if I want to get 1000GS.

When should I think about creating a new save? I have a couple going but I don't want to be too far back and not have a save I can use just in case

Make a different save at or before mission 60 - you can check mission names in the "Gold Medal Checklist" thread.

EDIT: Make a save after the "Bureau Raid" mission.

Edited by BiggD

Come on, I ain't out for any of that. I can't stand that sort of sh*t in threads when it just turns into 2-3 pages of come backs. If you thought that post was me lecturing you then I apologise but I think you putting Cumulative in bold and saying it is obvious was you having a dig at me hence the dictionary definition. Anyway, it's just so not the same, just in terms of game guides on this site when people say cumulative they mean it doesn't have to be done in a one go, play through, session, etc. That's all I was pointing out so seriously don't take offence to it.

Also I wasn't bitching saying I couldn't get the achievement because I wasn't even focusing on that particular achievement, I was just a little a bit annoyed that even after saving the game and coming back later Michael had changed his clothes. So I was just pointing out that out to others in case they end up doing the same thing.

Now let's move on.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

Come on, I ain't out for any of that. I can't stand that sort of sh*t in threads when it just turns into 2-3 pages of come backs. If you thought that post was me lecturing you then I apologise but I think you putting Cumulative in bold and saying it is obvious was you having a dig at me hence the dictionary definition. Anyway, it's just so not the same, just in terms of game guides on this site when people say cumulative they mean it doesn't have to be done in a one go, play through, session, etc. That's all I was pointing out so seriously don't take offence to it.

Also I wasn't bitching saying I couldn't get the achievement because I wasn't even focusing on that particular achievement, I was just a little a bit annoyed that even after saving the game and coming back later Michael had changed his clothes. So I was just pointing out that out to others in case they end up doing the same thing.

Now let's move on.

I think it's safe to take notice of the winky face and majority of his sarcastically friendly posts.

I've said that I noticed switching between characters almost always changed their clothes so, for me, it was common sense to keep it on for the mentioned time-frame.

It actually is missable. Because if you don't choose option "C" at the end of the game...

[spoiler=Trevor]You won't be able to complete any remaining Strangers and Freaks missions for Trevor or Michael, because you would have had killed them.

This is not true thankfully. Only Franklin's "strangers and freaks" missions need to be completed that count towards the 100%

According to the official guide infront of me you need to do only the following...

- Tonya's towing missions

- Beverly's Paparazzo missions

- Hao's Street Races

- Barry (Only Franklin Missions)

- Fanatic (Only Franklin Missions)

- Dom (All 4 Extreme Missions)

- Omega (Collect 50 UFO Parts)

- 50 Letter Scraps

Trevor and Michael's S+F Missions do NOT count.

I think it's safe to take notice of the winky face and majority of his sarcastically friendly posts.

I've said that I noticed switching between characters almost always changed their clothes so, for me, it was common sense to keep it on for the mentioned time-frame.

Well I am just a complete a mong when it comes to picking up sarcasm within text ;). Forever switching on friends who say something sarcastic in a text message or something. Not good!

If I was just solely after that achievement perhaps I would have done exactly as mentioned in the guide but I wasn't and thought I would just carry on doing other stuff. I think it's a bit shitty by Rockstar to put something that essentially requires you to play the game for six hours straight without doing anything and no one can say they obviously expect you to do 35-40 consecutive saves.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

Well I am just a complete a mong when it comes to picking up sarcasm within text ;). Forever switching on friends who say something sarcastic in a text message or something. Not good!

If I was just solely after that achievement perhaps I would have done exactly as mentioned in the guide but I wasn't and thought I would just carry on doing other stuff. I think it's a bit shitty by Rockstar to put something that essentially requires you to play the game for six hours straight without doing anything and no one can say they obviously expect you to do 35-40 consecutive saves.

Understandable but it's always better to ask than assume IMHO.

Well, you don't have to play for 6 hours straight. The Wearing the Robes for 10 days can be bypassed with going to the save point over and over for about 10 min and the 5 mile walk takes literally 20 min so they probably meant to sink you into a proposed half hour. This doesn't bother me as there are many games with tedious achievements like that of Walk/Ride/Drive X amount of miles and it's usually much larger.

At first I was just doing random encounters and driving as Michael but I felt the itch to switch so I just went for the save repeat to be safe.

Can someone tell me where to get the helicopter needed to fly through the 2 small holes (listed in the guide as "small helicopter only"). There is never one on the helipad at the NOOSE base and I bought the Maverick, but it won't fit. I fit through with the Frogger, but it didn't pop up with the notification. I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't register correctly and have to fly under things twice :/

Thank you for all of your work and help.

No problem, glad I could help ya.

Now let's move on.

Haha, I didn't mean nothing by it...as Flibbity said, the winky face in my post kinda gives it away. I'm not offended, nor did I mean to offend you. Sarcasm is hard to convey through text.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to GTA V Achievement Guide & Roadmap