Legacy Mode tips?

GIMME UR CAR

I just beat Champion mode and I'm starting Legacy. I made my boxer a tall, heavyweight, long-reaching, power brawler and so far the only skills I think I have upgraded are my left and right hooks to the head...

I'm wondering if anybody can give me insight on how good/bad this setup is, also what kinda of training I should be be doing more of?

Really any tips would be helpful

I just beat Legacy Mode last night with a fighter much like yours, the only difference is that I was more of a speed/counter puncher.

The advice I can give to you is to make sure you max out the skill points you get in a training by trying to get as close to Champion as possible. The easiest training drills I found early on were the double end bag and the heavy bag push. Once you get about 10 fights under your belt, sparring in Mexico is the best way to go. If you want to beat the computer a lot faster I'd suggest focusing solely on the jab, straight, and both hooks to the head while also putting skill points into combos, blocking, head movement, chin, and heart.

I just beat Legacy Mode last night with a fighter much like yours, the only difference is that I was more of a speed/counter puncher.

The advice I can give to you is to make sure you max out the skill points you get in a training by trying to get as close to Champion as possible. The easiest training drills I found early on were the double end bag and the heavy bag push. Once you get about 10 fights under your belt, sparring in Mexico is the best way to go. If you want to beat the computer a lot faster I'd suggest focusing solely on the jab, straight, and both hooks to the head while also putting skill points into combos, blocking, head movement, chin, and heart.

That was pretty specific but can you just elaborate a little more?

Well my boxer was also tall, a heavyweight, and had the longest reach in the game.

When you do training for a fight, always do the skill training. When you start off, save your money and just work out at home by doing the "double-end bag" drill. It's by far the easiest drill. All you have to do is get to the zone on the floor and do 5 to 6 uppercuts every time. "Champion" level in the double-end bag drill is 55,000 points. I was able to easily get 60,000+.

While you get skill points, put them into the left jab, right jab, left hook, right hook (all to the head), combinations, blocking, head movement, chin, and heart.

Once you get enough money (usually after 10 fights), start to train in Mexico as much as possible. Mexico also has the "double-end bag" drill, and when you start to do the double-end bag drill with ease, start training with "sparring partner." In this drill, all you need to do is make sure you hit the sparring partner with plenty of uppercuts and hooks to either the head or body. Champion level for this drill is 40,000 points.

Now when you're in the actual fights against the computer, make the computer come to you. When the computer starts swinging, make sure you're blocking and weaving. When you see an opening or the computer misses (you'll know when the screen slows down), hit them with the "1-2" which is a jab and a straight in a combination (X and Y buttons). If the computer is close enough, the jab straight will turn into a left hook and then a right hook. Hooks do more damage than jabs and straights, but they wear down your stamina faster. Once you attain enough skill points for your jab, straight, left hook, and right hook, you'll be knocking the computer out in 1-2 rounds easy.

Thanks for the tips but I think I'm fine now.

I figured out how to adjust the settins for Legacy and put it on the lowest difficulty while maxing all of my sliders. This is also how I got A Fist for Every Face

Oh I thought you were trying to do Legacy mode legitimately. My apologies.

• 4 weeks later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIMME UR CAR http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif

They helped me too, but my time is worth more than a false sense of accomplishment. Still appreciated tho

:biglaugh

as you proudly display your kills and deaths in a video game.

I can't believe you dug up this post just to prove a point