Cheating online?

Hi all,

Been a long time since I last came here, but I'm hoping the community is as good and helpful as always;

I've just started playing this online more and more, but apart from my rather dire skills nowadays I seem to be getting beaten rather badly.

The question is, I know that cheats are available online (and despise them), but how common are they on MW3 Live if I just join random games?

Am I missing something when I watch the kill cam of someone strafing round a corner locked on me when I crouch walked to that location and haven't made a single sound?

Thanks all.

Maybe missing the fact that this is not halo? Crouch walking into a corner without making a sound,as you put it, would not stop a good player from killing, or you from appearing on radar.

The fact is some people are very good at the game and you admittedly are not, it's usually those that are bad that blame hacks and such, though they do exist it is likely not the problem and if it was, there would be no question about it, you would know.

Edited by fallout frank

Hi all,

Been a long time since I last came here, but I'm hoping the community is as good and helpful as always;

I've just started playing this online more and more, but apart from my rather dire skills nowadays I seem to be getting beaten rather badly.

The question is, I know that cheats are available online (and despise them), but how common are they on MW3 Live if I just join random games?

Am I missing something when I watch the kill cam of someone strafing round a corner locked on me when I crouch walked to that location and haven't made a single sound?

Thanks all.

It doesn't sound like what you experienced was a cheat, just some way people play. There are cheats in this game (just like any other CoD) but I don't believe that was one.

Cheap tactics are also referred to as being cheats by some people.

The fact is that you are bad and that I am making an assumption that you are bad without having actually played with you.

Fixed.

OT: Cheats aren't too common online, but boosters are. I don't think I've seen any of those hacks that have a ton of words/links to mod sites covering the screen or God Mode hacks, but recently the lobbies where shooting someone sends them into the air or flying back in the direction they were shot, sometimes off the map have grown in frequency rather rapidly.

You're just dying by players that know what they're doing. Nothing more. I don't think there are any type of hacks for MW3 (yet) that actually helps a player, ie aimbot, wall hack, etc. Only the stupid ones where you get shot out of the map. If there's video proof of it on the 360 though, please show me. I'm sure the PC has some already. Please stop assuming that people are cheating just because you can't explain your death, especially when you are admittedly bad at the game. It really doesn't make any sense to do that when you even admitted to not being good.

Fixed.

What Fallout said is true, though. The OP admitted to being bad at the game. It makes it even easier to say that he's just getting killed by good players when he's asking if he's dying by some type of hack. That alone is almost evidence enough to know he is just not a good player and has no idea what hacks really are.

its usually aim assist. aim at a wall near a corner, and the reticle will pull as a player runs around the corner.

another likely option is a higher sensitivity. allowing faster turning/target lock.

some people are just good at anticipating player movements/ spawns/ traffic areas. some will just use stalker and strafe every corner in iron sights

It doesn't sound like what you experienced was a cheat, just some way people play. There are cheats in this game (just like any other CoD) but I don't believe that was one.

Cheap tactics are also referred to as being cheats by some people.

You haven't seen any people superjumping up to the sky and shooting you down or get outside the stage wall?

Isn't as loaded with cheaters like MW2 but they're there.

Those don't help anybody to kill. There aren't aimbots/wallhacks/one-shot-kill/etc. Those don't exist on the console.

No, but there's shit like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85RHezh-xis]MODERN WARFARE 3 AC-130 DOUCHEBAGS GLITCHERS REPORT THEM twitter @FOURZEROTWO - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJzUupqqR8]MW3 HACKED lobby - YouTube[/ame]

There could have been a UAV in the air showing of your position unless you have assassin or someone could have heard your footsteps since they have turtle beaches. Or it could have just been pure luck. Mods that help the player aren't available yet and they probably won't be for years. Its most likely just because of your skill level.

I obviously don't condone it, I'm just saying that in my opinion, the one is worse than the other.

The only time that I don't give a damn with cheating is when it doesn't change the game for other people. So having Colored Classes, Unlimited Double XP, Modded Zombies, etc etc. When you actually start to alter my game, you can go die.

This is just how it seems to be to me (im pretty sure its not). They immediately fix/ban users for having special titled classes and clan tags, etc. But they wont attempt fix to Xp hax and what not. This game feels too controlled, map design, clan tag limits, etc. Thats why I gave up on this game.

10 days played prestige 12 76 and not encountered any single hacker/modder/cheater

Just because people sponge bullets doesnt mean god mode was activated

People nowadays just get so fucking butthurt because something simple to play make them believe they are gaming gods.

Edit: There was this one time when a cunt was under the map on Black box, but he fucking sucked anyway

Edited by Andreas_loel
now wait a sec

Connection is a huge issue with this particular COD. I was in a lobby with two guys. Switching from on and off their team. They were the top two scorers in every match we played.

When I was against them, I could NEVER win in a shoot out. The game lagged me enough that they always got a few rounds off first. I imagine everyone else was at their mercy as they averaged 30+ kills a game. I followed them when they were on my team, they didn't do anything tactical. They just did the 'run and gun' and won nearly every shoot out.

When it's not lag, for me, it's simply an issue of going against a team who uses communication to whip on the randoms.

Sometimes I'll see someone who can get into an inaccessible area, but that's rare.

• 1 month later...
its usually aim assist. aim at a wall near a corner, and the reticle will pull as a player runs around the corner.

another likely option is a higher sensitivity. allowing faster turning/target lock.

some people are just good at anticipating player movements/ spawns/ traffic areas. some will just use stalker and strafe every corner in iron sights

This pretty much sums it up. I don't play MW3 anymore but when I did it became pretty easy to predict where players would be or spawn.

Also, this is probably a silly question but how do you know they didn't have a UAV or motion sensor to find you?