How to stick with your Crew?

crocodial

so in red dead redemption, you had a posse and a posse leader. if the posse leader jumped to another free roam or joined a mission, he/she had the ability to pull the posse along.

there doesn't seem to be a way to join your crew except to join their session, which many times is full, which sends you back to a different free roam, which is also full, so your crew can't join you. the problem also arises when you join a mission/job and your crew can't get in for whatever reason.

just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if there is some method that i am somehow missing. we are getting frustrated because we often get separated and it is a big to-do to get back together.

OK, for jobs and mission. when one of your guys host an event, they get their first menu screen and then the 2nd screen. They can quickly entere the 2nd screen, scroll to the bottom and you can see the word "OPEN"

Change that setting to closed and then invite your crew first. Once your whole crew is in, switch it to open if you want more players and then do the mass invite with the first option on menu 2. He can always press B once and return to menu 1 so he could buy ammo, armor and change settings.

That's all I can help with. The whole return to freemode thing after a job is making me mad too.I feel that everyone in a lobby/world should be tied to that world until they choose to search for a new world or return to single player. If there are 16 people, I start a job and 5 others wish to join, we disappear from that world, play the missions while the other 10 people are still killing eachother. Once we vote to return to lobby, we simply rejoin the same lobby we were tied too.

I think we need an in-game party system. Even when I create a public or private crew lobby, I invite my crew, we do a job or mission, they we are never on the same team and then we all go our separate ways...so annoying when we were in a private crew lobby.

Zen Ninja, here's a tip. Hit start, go to the Online tab and the Options menu. You can set the default option for matchmaking to Closed. You can open it after hosting a mission if you want, but having it start as a Closed lobby makes things a lot easier.

And yeah, I really hope that they add a party system, because your crew is not necessarily the group you're playing with all the time so mass invites catering to crews don't help much. It's a nice idea because you don't have to worry about being in the same freeroam with them to send an invite, but there really needs to be a way of forming a group within a freeroam session, or at least a way to migrate all the members of a private session into a public one, like RDR's posses and GTAIV's party mode, respectively.

a tip of my own, when you are doing missions with your crew and want to return to free roam, don't quit out. vote for free roam and it will bring all of you back to the original session.

Actually it brings you back to random sessions, usually separate ones.

I too have noticed getting separated after teaming up with friends and whatnot.

Obviously they're still working on getting everyone connected, and stability issues and whatnot - so I'm pretty sure it'll prob be something they will add once they get through the post launch hiccups.

But it probably wouldn't hurt to write that to them on the support website. They did say they wanted our feedback

I too have noticed getting separated after teaming up with friends and whatnot.

Obviously they're still working on getting everyone connected, and stability issues and whatnot - so I'm pretty sure it'll prob be something they will add once they get through the post launch hiccups.

But it probably wouldn't hurt to write that to them on the support website. They did say they wanted our feedback

I think most of the feedback they are getting atm is "GIVE ME MY FUCKING CHARACTER BACK!"

I think most of the feedback they are getting atm is "GIVE ME MY FUCKING CHARACTER BACK!"

Hahaha, this is true.

I think people need to relax a bit. Maybe take it down a notch instead of stressing so hard. :rant:

It's not like you can't make another character.