Achievement Guide?

Pretty much yeah, I've managed to get half way through level 4. Level 5 if I ever reach it, would be a nightmare.

I don't think there is an easier way of doing it.

I even tried it by just completing each level individually without continuing for the achievements, as they award you with 1 for each level.

But didn't work, didn't really think it would.

Seems it has to be done the hard way :)

• 2 months later...

I'm still convinced there is an easier way to do the achievement. I tried using Google to translate this page to English, and it says something about using a 2nd controller.

From the site: http://www12.atwiki.jp/xbox360score/pages/961.html

Difficulty:

~970:★★☆☆☆(ステージ3以降のノーコンティニュークリア以外)

~ 970: ☆ ☆ ☆ ★ ★ (Nokontinyukuria later than Stage 3)

~1000:★★★★☆(ただしコントローラーが2つある場合は★★☆☆☆)

~ 1000: ☆ ★ ★ ★ ★ (If you have two controllers but ☆ ☆ ☆ ★ ★)

NO BULLET condition does not affect the configuration of the other achievements.

2P側がいくらやられてコンティニューしても、1P側がノーコンティニューであればアンロックされる。

2P continue to be some side were beaten, 1P Nokontinyu if they are unlocked side.

【二人同時プレイ可能な場合】

- If two people can play simultaneously;

2P側は、ひたすらボムを撃って1Pを援護する。

2P side, 1P shot entirely cover the bomb.

ボムが無くなったらわざとやられて、とにかくボムを切らさないようにする。

The bombs were beaten 無Kunattara deliberately, so that cut the bomb anyway

Is there anyone that knows Japanese that can translate the original text better than Google?

From the engrish, it appears that the concept is to use a second player to continuously bomb, thus making you invincible. 2P can die and continue as much as they want.

You can make things easier on yourself by adjusting the normal and EX options. Very Easy, generous extends, bomb stock, chip drop distance and type, etc. Arrange mode is another beast, however.

Edited by Prophollus

• 3 weeks later...
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24786

Scroll down a bit on the first page, you'll find it :)

Someone make a real guide for this site please! lol

That "guide" doesn't really explain much. You guys have explained more on this site and I thank you for that. :)

But I really want to know EXACTLY what to do for some achievements because that guide doesn't explain which achievements can be acquired easily. For example, what achievements have to be done on default setting, which can be done with EX options, and how exactly do you unlock the extra Game Config EX options? No one seems to really know.

Edit: Yeah this is really annoying. I've been playing forever and still haven't unlocked Chip Range Control, Chip Drop Control, and No Bullet.

Edit again: Ok, I finally unlocked Chip Range Control at 9 hours played. So I'm assuming the rest will unlock with time.

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

• 4 weeks later...
Someone make a real guide for this site please! lol

That "guide" doesn't really explain much. You guys have explained more on this site and I thank you for that. :)

But I really want to know EXACTLY what to do for some achievements because that guide doesn't explain which achievements can be acquired easily. For example, what achievements have to be done on default setting, which can be done with EX options, and how exactly do you unlock the extra Game Config EX options? No one seems to really know.

Edit: Yeah this is really annoying. I've been playing forever and still haven't unlocked Chip Range Control, Chip Drop Control, and No Bullet.

Edit again: Ok, I finally unlocked Chip Range Control at 9 hours played. So I'm assuming the rest will unlock with time.

All achievements can be unlocked after changing the default settings, extra lives, difficulty.

Same goes with all EX options.

The only achievements that are locked are the no continue clearing each of the levels, but thats only if no bullet mode is selected. All other EX changes are fine.

I'm pretty sure you get the no bullet mode after 45 game over screens, this is the last EX option, so all others will be unlocked before this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
All achievements can be unlocked after changing the default settings, extra lives, difficulty.

Same goes with all EX options.

The only achievements that are locked are the no continue clearing each of the levels, but thats only if no bullet mode is selected. All other EX changes are fine.

I'm pretty sure you get the no bullet mode after 45 game over screens, this is the last EX option, so all others will be unlocked before this.

Sorry, but what you meant?