Achievements Discussion

MikeS437

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope .. different location on every marker on every difficulty.

And they get sneakier the harder the difficulty.

You'll see the Easy markers in plain sight a lot of times, but to get an Extreme marker you may have to rappel up a high cliff/building, jump off the top, turn 90 degrees, and then shoot a marker as you fall down.

Thus, the almost absolutely necessary TM guide link. Trust me .. it saves hours (and even KNOWING about where the markers are in Extreme, it's still a pain in the ass to actually COLLECT them, then finish the level) ..

One of the tougher achievements in existence.

First off, get the data post in the beginning. Don't waste any time on the little fliers, and grab one of the VS rocket launchers. DO NOT take a VS.

When you get to the worm, run forward to get the data post in the middle. Then face the worm.

ALWAYS strafe around him. If you get a chance, shoot a rocket at him if your sure it will hit. Sometimes, if you hit between the weak points you'll blow up two of em :). If you run out, use the machine gun. There are VS weapons everywhere, take what you need. If you need more energy, theres a third data post to the left of the data post in the middle.

Also, make sure you learn his attacks. Nothings worse then hurting him a lot and getting instantly eaten.

If the worm suddenly heals, then you've killed one already! Just run away towards the end of the level and you will have your achievement.

that sites in jap. i cant see what it says lol :( also, congrats!

The pictures aren't Japanese, you can plainly see on the picture where the markers are. This site will really help getting them all, even with the brady guide, the pull out map shows what letters are where, but this shows you where to stand to find the markers.

GREAT WORK!!

Nope .. different location on every marker on every difficulty.

And they get sneakier the harder the difficulty.

You'll see the Easy markers in plain sight a lot of times, but to get an Extreme marker you may have to rappel up a high cliff/building, jump off the top, turn 90 degrees, and then shoot a marker as you fall down.

Thus, the almost absolutely necessary TM guide link. Trust me .. it saves hours (and even KNOWING about where the markers are in Extreme, it's still a pain in the ass to actually COLLECT them, then finish the level) ..

One of the tougher achievements in existence.

And with that.. I've given up on this achievement. There is no way I'm playing this game over four times for only 50 points.

but this is Japanese. LOL. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS!!! You have made my day. I haven't even looked at the pictures yest but I've been though the campaign enough to figure it out. Now to work on finding them all... :woop:

Edit: Good job with the pictures. And I noticed, how do you keep your thermal energy so high? It seems so hard for me to do even on the first mission.

Tip 1: Do it on easy. I like not having to worry about freezing to death.

Tip 2: If the head pops up, RUN LIKE HELL IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. If you pick up the the small rocket launcher in the beginning of the mission, take a pot shot into his mouth while running when he roars.

Tip 3: You have to do damage to both sides. The butt is easier to shot the yellow parts on so make sure you hit that end first. If you do do loads of damage to the tail, a single rocket to the head may kill it.

Tip 4: You can't really kill it. The music will stop but then start back up again when the beastie miraculously comes back to life. Run towards the end point as soon as you know you've defeated it.

Please post here if you have more questions!

Guys, I love this site and use it frequently (for over a year now) The reason I never post here is cuz of all the B.S. from the prepubesent crowd. Anyone that talks like that on my site gets suspended from posting for a week the first time and banned the second. I know Minty and co.try their best here, but the smack talking 12 year olds have to get spanked. Just my 2 cents. Peace.:)

Guys, I love this site and use it frequently (for over a year now) The reason I never post here is cuz of all the B.S. from the prepubesent crowd. Anyone that talks like that on my site gets suspended from posting for a week the first time and banned the second. I know Minty and co.try their best here, but the smack talking 12 year olds have to get spanked. Just my 2 cents. Peace.:)

What does this have to do with the thread?

I did something similar to CovertDog here. Instead though, I didn't worry about all the enemies. As long as you take out all the spawn points, you should be able to get a clear shot at the moth from the top of the mountain. Just wait until you are sure you will hit him. Because the shot doesn't instantly hit when you fire, timing is everything. Your best bet is to shoot when the moth is moving straight at you. Easy shot, doesn't require much thought.