Limited Edition Version and Back To Karkand.

SuperJoon

I got the limited edition version of BF3 yesterday, and it says I've got the BTK expansion for no extra cost.

I've I putted my code etc but the expansion isn't in the store and when I go to the Games Marketplace its telling me to pay 1200MS points for it?

Has anyone else had this problem? I've downloaded the stupidly huge update as well as it said that needed to be installed first, but still haven't been prompted to download the expansion.

Is the DLC included in the 2.07GB multiplayer update?

the 2.07gb update has the main core files for everyone including the fixes.

if you have the limited edition then you will have a welcome message when you boot up bf3 * welcome to karkand*

if you dont have the limited edition then yes you have to buy it for 1200msp although this is just a key to unlock the content for use ... notice its only 128kb or something which cant possibly hold all the info for karkand.

So all in all its just like other games where your buying a *key* to unlock the dlc *door*

Also check the store after the downloading the update as i was able to get the physical warfare pack for free (im sure this was a pre order bonus at certain sites) of which i shouldnt have got it , guess they just gave it free to everyone with karkand.

Edited by ll Mr Bubbles ll

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where you can get a free code for the DLC? Weren't they free as some promotion a while back? I don't trust these redeemcodes websites and wondered if anyone had a spare one or know where I can get one? I tried adding points but my card must have expired and before I go about changing my card linked to xbox live I was hoping for a cheap/easy fix via a free code!

Thanks in advance

the 2.07gb update has the main core files for everyone including the fixes.

if you have the limited edition then you will have a welcome message when you boot up bf3 * welcome to karkand*

if you dont have the limited edition then yes you have to buy it for 1200msp although this is just a key to unlock the content for use ... notice its only 128kb or something which cant possibly hold all the info for karkand.

So all in all its just like other games where your buying a *key* to unlock the dlc *door*

Also check the store after the downloading the update as i was able to get the physical warfare pack for free (im sure this was a pre order bonus at certain sites) of which i shouldnt have got it , guess they just gave it free to everyone with karkand.

I just downloaded it from the xbox.com website to my xbox

http://marketplace.xbox.com/nl-BE/Product/Battlefield-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410950?downloadType=GameAddon&noSplash=1

• 2 months later...
Yep should gave you the option to download a license or something for the BTK content its like 128-130 Kb or something.

No, the Game Update is just that. A Game Update. Back To Karkand is already on the disc. The 1MB download is an unlock key.

No, the Game Update is just that. A Game Update. Back To Karkand is already on the disc. The 1MB download is an unlock key.

I believe the B2K maps were included in the 2.1 GB update since DICE have been releasing DLC this way since Bad Company 2, and 2.1 GB is a lot for just a patch.

• 3 weeks later...

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. If it was on disc, there wouldn't be over 2gb in fixes. You obviously don't realize how big most patches are, even when they overhaul the game.

I believe the B2K maps were included in the 2.1 GB update since DICE have been releasing DLC this way since Bad Company 2, and 2.1 GB is a lot for just a patch.

Yep that's exactly right it says somewhere on the marketplace that it includes the B2K dlc in it.

This^. The 2gb update has all the B2K files, even if you don't have B2K purchased you still download it because it includes fixes and enables you to play with people with B2K weapons etc.

I had a quick question about the limited edition and I didn't want to make a new thread for it, does anyone know anywhere still selling new limited edition copies (EU/UK)? Trying to get a copy for my brother and would rather get Karkand for free.

You could always look on eBay.

• 2 months later...