Job System Help

xgamehero

I searched the forums and found no relevant information on this.

How -exactly- does the job system work? I understand that I will probably know once I play the game, but I can't play it yet :p

Can I create one character, and reach level 75 in all jobs with that character? I know each character can have a support job, and later that can be changed. I'm just not sure if I will have to make a new character for every basic job (Warrior, Monk, Thief, BLM/WHM), or a new character for every job period, or just one single character to do it all!

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

One character can do all jobs. Your subjob will always be half the level of your main job. (example: 45 Paladin/22 Warrior) You can switch jobs freely at your mog house.

Also i saw your other post IF and when you start playing, The linkshell I'm in is recruiting, we're on Bahamut. We're a social and very helpful group of people trying to rebuild after taking some member loses this last month. Feel free to send me a message if your interested.

Edited by Enit316

Thanks, I appreciate the information and the offer. I'm not really sure how I will go about playing when I start. Im an achievement whore but I consider FFXI to hopefully be a fun break. My girlfriend and I planned to play together a lot, so Im not sure how active we will be if we/I join. We'll talk about it and see how things go.

Thanks again for the offer, though. I will consider it!