200,000 stare the easy way

Suki

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im doing this but seems to be taking forever been doing it for about half hour and only got 5000 stars when people were saying you can get 30,000 in ten mins

I'm having the same problem here. Battling through the level to get to the worm I can't avoid getting hit so lose the multiplier and streaks a few times. Are people getting to the worm with a full multipler and streak then?

Can someone confirm that this is correct though:

Once at the worm charge up the melee attack to waste the worms.

This continues to build the multiplier to a max and they drop more and more stars each time.

Avoid getting hit to keep streak and multiplier up.

When the little worms stop dropping stars when they are wasted with melee charge, you still get awarded stars even when they drop health packs.

If you kill the big worm, then quit and select continue story, all stars you gained before quitting out are not lost

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I could cry right now. Just got up to 189,000 and my game froze. Noooo!! Back down to 70,000

Sorry bro. But it could be worse. I was grinding points in Monsters vs. Aliens and I was 200 Monster DNA and 1200 points away from my two achievements, and my Xbox red ringed. New Slim makes grinding all night a breeze! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Ok to get the 200,000 stars ach fast, i find it strange that the guide says play upto the jack in the box and restart lvl1 because in my opinion that exactly the place u want to get to i think he missed the point of grinding, what i found way easier was upgrade the chardged attack to 3 stars and its range to 3, then when u go through after the jack in a box to the rolling worm at the end of lvl 1, do not attack the rolling worm it will spit out 6 small spiky worms, charge your attack with X and run around and take out the small worms sometimes u can get em all with one hit giving u around 1000 stars try not to hit the rolling worm, the rolling worm will just keep spitting em out with the melee attack bonus, multiplier and streak bonus's i was getting 30,000 stars in about 10 mins and no reloads or movies to withstand, much much quicker imo.

This neglects to indicate that you also NEED to upgrade other sections like stars given for combat, dispatch etc in order to rack up 100 stars per worm killed. Also by upgrading is how you get bigger multiplier. At first i only had upgraded what suki said and only got 5x multiplier and got only 50k stars in about forty mins, after i upgraded fully then that's when stuff described in the guide started happening.

So with that said, grind a bit to fully upgrade the combat related(or all if you could) , then go like the OP says

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Worked like a dream - took about 50 minutes for the last 100k I needed. In hindsight if I had to play this again i would probably grind this through for about 100k right at the beginning so that i could max up the charge attack, coin boost, gun and special weapons upgrades - it would make the rest of the game quicker.

Thanks for the strategy...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...